Home
MLB 2K12 News Post

We have a situation...

It seems there were a few (maybe more than a few) cheaters in the MLB 2K12 million dollar perfect game challenge.

The final eight contestants have been contacted, but not officially released by 2K Sports. Scott Young finished in 10th place, but feels he was cheated out of a top 8 spot. He has the proof and shared it with Kotaku.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K12 Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 12 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TheShizNo1 @ 05/04/12 07:06 PM
Wow! surprised this isn't bigger news

# 2 Pappy Knuckles @ 05/04/12 07:47 PM
And the plot thickens...

# 3 jyoung @ 05/04/12 08:28 PM
People always have to be lame and try to find whatever exploit or loophole they can when real money is on the line.

The same thing happened in the All Pro Football 2K8 tournament that Gamestop ran back when the game first launched. The guy who made it to the final was freezing people's systems and using an illegal field goal block exploit to make it that far.

# 4 PackerBacker123 @ 05/04/12 08:36 PM
wow..................... and by the way OS I spotted a f-bomb in this article.Near the bottom.

# 5 Money99 @ 05/04/12 09:02 PM
2K can't seem to catch a break. I think this contest could be great publicity, but this will sour it.

# 6 Benz87 @ 05/04/12 09:58 PM
Not surprising, if someone can find a way to achieve financial security with something as shallow as video gaming, who wouldn't? I'm not knocking gaming, i'm an avid gamer who spends several hours a week on that hobby.

Just saying i'm not going to attack someone for trying to exploit a video game for financial security, it's not nearly on the same level of other immoral activity others stoop to too achieve less financial freedom.

# 7 crumpled_heap @ 05/04/12 10:29 PM
meh wut ppl do for money

they should try making an honest living like the rest of us

# 8 TheShizNo1 @ 05/04/12 11:22 PM
Yea, if all I had to do was cheat at a game to get a million dollars, sorry: rent/bills > morals.

# 9 Yeats @ 05/05/12 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
It seems there were a few (maybe more than a few) cheaters in the MLB 2K12 million dollar perfect game challenge.
Sports video gamers are cheating? Unheard of!

# 10 JerzeyReign @ 05/05/12 09:26 AM
$1 Million Dollars up for grabs -- honestly, I'd look for a loophole to -- I can't be the only one without a millie on OS...

# 11 gigadkc @ 05/05/12 09:42 AM
people cheat all the time because there are more than enough idiots out there. You can't achieve much in life if you play fair, sad but true.

# 12 Yeats @ 05/05/12 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigadkc
You can't achieve much in life if you play fair, sad but true.
Bro that is SO untrue, and it's sad you think that lol.

# 13 Heroesandvillains @ 05/05/12 11:38 AM
I'm very suprised I haven't heard about this until now. What a mess...

Like one of the respondents stated, a CPU substitution lock would have avoided any issue. And/Or, I also agree that their scoring algorithm should have been based on the actual players involved.

Great read. Thanks for sharing.

# 14 Blzer @ 05/05/12 12:39 PM
Anyone who texts like Haff doesn't deserve $1 million.

# 15 funnyfiggy @ 05/05/12 05:37 PM
I would have done the same thing as Haff, as a million dollars is well over the price needed to buy my morals, but if I was Young I would do the same thing too. Young does deserve his shot because he found evidence that should have made him capable of winning. Young has allegedly actually used his morals, and he continues to. He has every right to be angry, especially if he should be in the top 8. I am not sure I believe him though, because people will do a lot of stuff to earn a million dollars.

# 16 Richzilla @ 05/05/12 07:42 PM
Honestly this play for cash idea seems like a good idea at first but it's not....nor are online competitions for anything other than fun. Too many sketchy people and sketchy connections.

Maybe one day these types of things will work.....but not today.....This is like being ahead by 2 touchdowns in a madden online league and having some clown "drop" his connection with a minute to go and then you restart the game and lose....sucks but it's a game not real life....the more people keep it that way the better off you will be.

# 17 stcardinal @ 05/06/12 05:14 PM
Should have made it so the players have to all go to NY and pitch a perfect game in person in the studio to win. If no one does it, then everyone loses. Maybe make it so if you pitch a PG up to the 7th inning you get 12k$ or something... 20k if you make it to the 8th with a PG, etc.

# 18 DetroitStyle @ 05/09/12 11:55 AM
This whole thing is a joke and always had been. It's just a marketing scheme, they could care less about the integrity of the contest. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if they just cancel the tournament now or just give away the million to a random person. They got their advertising blitz which more than made up for the million they are giving away.

Cheating or not, who cares?

# 19 Yeats @ 05/10/12 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
This whole thing is a joke and always had been. It's just a marketing scheme, they could care less about the integrity of the contest. It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if they just cancel the tournament now or just give away the million to a random person. They got their advertising blitz which more than made up for the million they are giving away.

Cheating or not, who cares?
Lotteries... Who cares if they give the money to someone who legitimately won it? TV game shows... So what that the winning contestant was given all the answers beforehand? American Idol... Big deal that the hot chick girl with the super smile was told she'd win, two months before auditions were even held?

So you see now how your response makes no sense whatsoever?

# 20 bukktown @ 05/10/12 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Lotteries... Who cares if they give the money to someone who legitimately won it? TV game shows... So what that the winning contestant was given all the answers beforehand? American Idol... Big deal that the hot chick girl with the super smile was told she'd win, two months before auditions were even held?

So you see now how your response makes no sense whatsoever?
Those analogies are pretty bad. The situation is easy to comprehend as well, there is no need for an analogy.

Using a bad analogy is like going to the grocery store and forgetting to buy milk.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.