Home
NBA 2K12 News Post

The OS Mega Roster Project (360)
Follow us on twitter @OSMegaRoster

By: TwitterButtons.com
By TwitterButtons.com

Welcome to the OS Mega Roster Project! I created this project so people can have REAL life NBA 2K12 gameplay. I strive for gameplay accuracy and I have done countless hours of testing in this area.

What is edited in this roster?
Ratings (By: Paul Pierce and Slimm44):

Ratings are not overall based, I never go by overall when editing players because I want the gameplay to be 100% realistic. Ratings are from data from the last three seasons expect for shooting ratings which are based off the current NBA season.These edits ALSO extend to classic teams.

Tendencies (Paul Pierce, Hyperballer and Slimm44):

Tendencies are what you can call a "mixed bag". Slimm44 edited the tendencies on his PC roster then I used them as a base for this roster. Hyperballer Provided the dribble tendencies to help provide realistic dribbling animations.These edits ALSO extend to classic teams.

Animations (1rose, Paul Pierce, Hyperballer):

As you can see we have tons of people who worked with the animation edits. We used 1Rose's sig shot edits in our roster from the signature shot thread. We used hyperballer's dribble animation edits for realistic dribbling animations. And I edited some of the free throw and sig shot edits to my own liking. These edits ALSO extend to classic teams.

Contracts (EagleRock562 and Paul Pierce):

Contracts were done from EagleRocks website that you can find here. I simply applied them and took away one year so that contracts are ready for the 2012-2013 season. I also edited +1 year for bird rights and years pro as well.

Accessories (Perry Price):

Accessories are from Perry Prices Sim 2 the maxx roster that can also be found on OS. He edited accessories from the last time we saw these teams and he has allowed me to use the valuable edits in my roster!

Playbooks (Vannwolfhawk):

Playbooks are from vann's popular playbook edits. They help teams play as realistic as they can. Vann tried to add how teams run Pick and rolls, cuts, screens and many other facets to the game with these edits. These were a huge help in making the gameplay great.

Player Movement (Weeks):

Weeks is what I like to call a player movement guru. He follows twitter and many other outlets to get the latest player movement. Another person I would like to thank for this is dj123456705 he constantly posts on my thread on player movement, I can't thank him enough for it.

2012 Rookies (Vtcrb):
I used vtcrb's draft class to get my 2012 first rounders. Other then faces, draft info and other minor details EVERY 2012 rookie is from vtcrb's draft class.

Rookie CAP's (Hulyan):

Hulyan has created the whole first round, including some second rounders faces (The rest of the players faces were as is on vtcrb's draft class). Hulyan is probably the best cap maker around and he did an excellent job on the faces.

Staff Edits (PJT8450):
Staff edits are by PJT8450! He edited staff so that all teams have their head coaches, assistant coaches and many other staff members correct. These edits ALSO extend to classic teams.

Special Thanks List:
Steve_OS: For mentioning my roster on the first page
vtcrb: Letting use his 2012 rookies and making the roster compatible with every draft class on this site.
Gausec: For creating some of the missing player CAPs
Hyperballer: Dribble Edits

Latest File:

Gamertag: Extreme3600
Offline Link: http://www.filedropper.com/rooksv2

"Don't play video games, Play basketball" -Da_Czar

Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Pierce
OK I'm done with the trolling and the mess that's gone on with this thread. But I know some of you are not 2 years old and actually like my updates so I will not disconnected them for you guys. I'm working on setting up an email pool for the roster, the email is [email protected]. I will ONLY be updating the roster through this. (Thanks to vtcrb for this idea)

To join:

Send an email to [email protected] with your username.

I will be still updating this thread with progress on the roster.

Thank you.

Game: NBA 2K12Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 102 - View All
NBA 2K12 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 Paul Pierce_OS @ 05/06/12 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Up and Coming
Gotcha, no rush, just wondering
You download the offline file?

# 162 TheGame8544 @ 05/06/12 03:06 PM
Pretty nice job but a few issues.

1. Greg Smith on the Rockets is a horrible CAP. Looks nothing like him.
2. I thought you did ratings for the classic teams using slim44 ratings or something? They are the exact same as PortlandBlazer.
3. Charles Barkley is not on the Sixers.
4. Classic teams still have all the fake players.
5. Greg Johnson is the coach of the T-Wolves and Westphal is still on Kings.
6. Speed for Motiejunas is like a 93.

Probably are more issues but that is what I caught at first glance. I am very experienced with loading files onto my USB through modio and ran into no issues. So I know the issue isn't on my end. These are things I thought you said were done but on the newest file I downloaded on page 13, none of this stuff is done.

Thanks for all your work PP. I know once it is completed, the roster is going to be great.

# 163 LoveBasketball @ 05/06/12 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnihilusLivius
He constantly changes his shoes. He used the low hyperfuse's, jordan's among others.
yea but in 2k you can't put him in jordans, i justwant to put the man in some j's !! lol

# 164 TheGame8544 @ 05/06/12 03:12 PM
Also, did you not name any arenas?!? This is something very easy that is a must have for this roster to be worth using.

# 165 Paul Pierce_OS @ 05/06/12 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame8544
Pretty nice job but a few issues.

1. Greg Smith on the Rockets is a horrible CAP. Looks nothing like him.
2. I thought you did ratings for the classic teams using slim44 ratings or something? They are the exact same as PortlandBlazer.
3. Charles Barkley is not on the Sixers.
4. Classic teams still have all the fake players.
5. Greg Johnson is the coach of the T-Wolves and Westphal is still on Kings.
6. Speed for Motiejunas is like a 93.

Probably are more issues but that is what I caught at first glance. I am very experienced with loading files onto my USB through modio and ran into no issues. So I know the issue isn't on my end. These are things I thought you said were done but on the newest file I downloaded on page 13, none of this stuff is done.

Thanks for all your work PP. I know once it is completed, the roster is going to be great.
1. Will be taken care of
2. Um....Well no one on console has these ratings and tendinces except for this roster I got them straight from Slimm's PC roster.
3. Yeah I havent had time too even add missing players I have been almost been working on 48 hours sleep and pizza LOL! But anyways I wanted to release this now for people who want to start an association and want to run some quick games with the playoffs on. We are making revisions starting tomorrow based on your feedback. I just cant stress how important that is because nothing will improve without it.
5. Thats my mistake
6. I was moving some ratings around I will adjust that.

# 166 vtcrb @ 05/06/12 03:19 PM
Congrats on the Roster release. I am sure everyone will enjoy it. Lots of comments so far, just remember when you make a comment nothing is Perfect. Paul and his team I am sure Appreciate the feedback, but sometimes it can get Overwhelming. So gives these guys a chance to catch their breathe from all the Editing they have done and I am sure they will Address the issues that have been brought up.

# 167 duckSAUCE. @ 05/06/12 03:22 PM
Can't find this roster on 2kshare?

# 168 Paul Pierce_OS @ 05/06/12 03:24 PM
Quote:
Also, did you not name any arenas?!? This is something very easy that is a must have for this roster to be worth using.
Yeah, I had it on one then I moved it things have been stressful on my end, I'm looking at tommrow to start editing some of things in the thread.

# 169 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/06/12 03:25 PM
Some of you guys are coming in late to the party.

2kshare has been down for 2 days.

Download the offline file.

# 170 Paul Pierce_OS @ 05/06/12 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckSAUCE.
Can't find this roster on 2kshare?
2Kshare is not allowing me to upload files right now when it dose I will upload it. For right now you need to download the offline file.

# 171 duckSAUCE. @ 05/06/12 03:30 PM
not exactly sure how to download the offline file

but 2kshare is working for me?

# 172 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/06/12 03:32 PM
dface.

1. 2kshare isn't working for anyone.
2. you may want to remove to image in your sig. Not allowed here. Just trying to help.

# 173 TheGame8544 @ 05/06/12 03:33 PM
Quote:
1. Will be taken care of
2. Um....Well no one on console has these ratings and tendinces except for this roster I got them straight from Slimm's PC roster.
3. Yeah I havent had time too even add missing players I have been almost been working on 48 hours sleep and pizza LOL! But anyways I wanted to release this now for people who want to start an association and want to run some quick games with the playoffs on. We are making revisions starting tomorrow based on your feedback. I just cant stress how important that is because nothing will improve without it.
5. Thats my mistake
6. I was moving some ratings around I will adjust that.
Sounds awesome. I am very excited to see how the file progresses. I completely understand. I'm sure right now you can't go to sleep without hearing the NBA 2k music or close your eyes without seeing the roster edit screen. Been there done that. Don't want to go back, so you have definitely have my respect.

On the classic rosters, did you guys change everyone, or just a few select players? Tell me what to look for because at first glance, at least looking at the superstars for each team, the ratings are identical to PB. Maybe something happened in the upload.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Congrats on the Roster release. I am sure everyone will enjoy it. Lots of comments so far, just remember when you make a comment nothing is Perfect. Paul and his team I am sure Appreciate the feedback, but sometimes it can get Overwhelming. So gives these guys a chance to catch their breathe from all the Editing they have done and I am sure they will Address the issues that have been brought up.
Right on man. I think most people understand a first release is never perfect.

Quote:
Yeah, I had it on one then I moved it things have been stressful on my end, I'm looking at tommrow to start editing some of things in the thread.
No worries. We all appreciate your hard work.

# 174 AnnihilusLivius @ 05/06/12 03:35 PM
I noticed one thing. Kobe's driving to the lane tendency is 100... He rarely attacks the basket these days lol

# 175 Paul Pierce_OS @ 05/06/12 03:39 PM
Quote:
Sounds awesome. I am very excited to see how the file progresses. I completely understand. I'm sure right now you can't go to sleep without hearing the NBA 2k music or close your eyes without seeing the roster edit screen. Been there done that. Don't want to go back, so you have definitely have my respect.

On the classic rosters, did you guys change everyone, or just a few select players? Tell me what to look for because at first glance, at least looking at the superstars for each team, the ratings are identical to PB. Maybe something happened in the upload.

Right on man. I think most people understand a first release is never perfect.

No worries. We all appreciate your hard work.
IDK how they would be PB's were on 2 different platforms and REDitor just came out 2 weeks ago. But every player is edited and I think the filler players are too.
LOL! That 2k music makes me want to punch my tv now lol!

# 176 slimm44 @ 05/06/12 03:42 PM
I've been working on the classic players' ratings/tendencies in my roster but I'm doing it a little different. I am taking any players who were All-Stars, Perennial All-Stars, or HOF'ers and editing their ratings/tendencies to when they were rookies. Then, I'm going to make them "Real Players" instead of Classic Players, change their birthdates and draft years, and then do a Fantasy Draft. I'm also thinking about taking the top 20 or so players that are currently in the game and doing the same thing to have a "What If" kind of scenario where the top 50 or so players of all time begin their careers at the same time. I'll let PP know when I get those players done and he can use them in a future update if he wants to.

# 177 egis123 @ 05/06/12 04:03 PM
PP the hidden jersays wasnt added but you planning to add in the future updates wright?
jersays: http://www.operationsports.com/hokup...unis-id-codes/
Also could you create some teams with these audio http://www.operationsports.com/hokup...audio-code-id/
These two courts http://www.operationsports.com/hokup...-code-id-list/
and logos http://www.operationsports.com/hokup...ogos-id-codes/

Im talking about future update not wright now,at the moment,because i understand that your exausted by making this great roster
If you cant still would be fine by me

# 178 NFCastle @ 05/06/12 04:10 PM
Hey, I saw that someone posted about having generic caps on the classic teams still.

Someone else tried to fix that in their roster...won't name it here, and it causes a glitch where if you try to create a team or create a player, names get all messed up.

So be cautious if you do change them, I think there is a certain way you have to do it to avoid the glitch...and I could be wrong, you might not be able to change them at all if you dont want it to glitch.

# 179 Rondo To KG @ 05/06/12 04:12 PM
Downloaded the sliders that you linked on page 14 but I'm a bit confused on what settings I should be using. Do these sliders use Real % or Shot Stick Timing? Also, how long should my quarters be?

# 180 duckSAUCE. @ 05/06/12 04:13 PM
Good ****, thanks for helping me too.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.