Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

It looks like Trey Wingo of NFL Live will be featured in Madden NFL 13. In what capacity? Not sure. No details have been released on exactly what he'll be doing. Based off of yesterday's NCAA Football 13 coverage, it could be something similar.

Check his Twitter timeline and you can see a few conversations about it.

He also tweeted a picture from the Madden NFL 13 green room, which you can see here.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/08/12 08:05 PM
Well I'm glad we got Treywingo on board with Madden13 announcer crew. No matter how they use him. It will add some excitement into the presentation this year. I have no complaints what so ever about him been in the game. Madden13 and NCAA13 info just keeps getting better and better. I think I've been tossed onto the hype train by EA now. LOL

# 42 speedy9386 @ 05/08/12 08:22 PM
Didn't the madden devs already say that there wasn't going to be a halftime show?

# 43 jmurphy31 @ 05/08/12 08:39 PM
Sounds good if it is true he will giving either in game updates or weekly wrap up show. It will definitely bring some life into franchise mode. Not going to get my hopes up too high until I see what is actually going to be implemented

# 44 jpdavis82 @ 05/08/12 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Sounds good if it is true he will giving either in game updates or weekly wrap up show. It will definitely bring some life into franchise mode. Not going to get my hopes up too high until I see what is actually going to be implemented
LOL what else would they have him do? I mean he's already confirmed he's in the game and he showed us a picture of his desk in front of a green screen.

# 45 jmurphy31 @ 05/08/12 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
LOL what else would they have him do? I mean he's already confirmed he's in the game and he showed us a picture of his desk in front of a green screen.
Not saying this is it but remember when they touted Erin Andrews in NCAA football. Normally she is a sideline reporter, but she did that Road to Glory studio thing. He could be doing something with Super Star mode or something along those lines. Again, I am sure its the studio show, but I still like to see it first. Also, I am hoping it is implemented better than the extra point. I am optimistic.

# 46 TheUndogmatic @ 05/08/12 09:57 PM
Hold up, we can't rule out a halftime show or post game show just yet. EA said the stuff they showed was pre-alpha, and even though with EA's history we know there probably isn't that much truth to that, you never know. It could be in the works right now. Also hopeful of a dynamic franchise mode, that would be great. Actually if you look at the menu screenshot in M13, you'll notice franchise mode is gone, it's been replaced by something else, at least as far as we can see... Hm... At any rate, I really think this game has a lot of potential, I'm looking forward to it. It's looking great so far.

# 47 lgxjames @ 05/08/12 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal

While I am not expecting that wrapup show to have video, there may be a slim chance of video highlights for User games at least, if the system saves the halftime and end game montages. The Extra Point had the ability to select an audio breakdown for each game as well as a basic presentation for players of the week. With almost 3 years to build on that, it could be possible that we can access video montages from played User games in a similar fashion.
But didn't they take it out because it was incomplete and did they not say they wanted to flesh it out and be something they are proud of...??

That being said...3 yrs would be enough to flesh it out, highlights and all right? Or else they pretty much just took it out to bring it back still incomplete.

# 48 Lodeus @ 05/08/12 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Just saw this tweet from Trey Wingo kinda funny

Jim McKeon @jvm6664: Guy on flight from Orlando looks like @wingoz

Trey Wingo @wingoz Guy on flight from Orlando WAS @wingoz
Wingo can be pretty hilarious at times, plus I am pretty sure he is a Cowboy fan which is cool.

# 49 Still2REal @ 05/08/12 10:57 PM
A halftime show to me is one of those things that sounds cool, but after hearing him repeat himself will end up getting skipped. I rarely watch my replays at the end of any sports games so I'm certainly not going to watch them rehash it in the same commentary as the last 5 games.

That being said, it's cool they added it in, so fans of the other football game can stop bringing it up.

Unless Madden drops something spectacular my next purchase of this game will be when they add in a true Online Franchise. I haven't bought it since '09 and haven't a missed a thing. Online Dynasty changed football for me. Still can't understand why they don't bring it into Madden along with in-game saves and proper foot planting/motion rather than all these other gimmicks

# 50 LambertandHam @ 05/08/12 11:14 PM
Studio updates, like NCAA 13 is doing, would be a welcome addition. I'm a bit lukewarm on a weekly wrap up show, unless they improve upon The Extra Point.

# 51 jpdavis82 @ 05/08/12 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
Studio updates, like NCAA 13 is doing, would be a welcome addition. I'm a bit lukewarm on a weekly wrap up show, unless they improve upon The Extra Point.
I'm hoping for either NFL Live/Primetime weekly wrap up or else studio updates like NCAA 13 is doing. I just laugh when people say that 2k had something like what NCAA 13 is doing, or that NCAA had this in 2004 it's not even close. What NCAA 13 is doing is dynamic and all in real time, 2k never had that. I think either would add a ton of immersion to Franchise/Connected Career Mode whatever they are going to call it.

# 52 saintsyadig @ 05/09/12 12:01 AM
Franchise mode should be way better. Hopefully Wingo has a whole bunch of lines.

# 53 DeuceDouglas @ 05/09/12 12:28 AM
I was never a fan of the weekly highlight or halftime show. To me, it's just like the intro's and the repeating cut scenes. I'd watch it the first couple times and then just skip them after that. The fact that so many people view it as almost a end-all be-all is ridiculous to me.

I think what NCAA is doing is just about perfect. You've got the real-time ticker with score updates and upset alerts.

To me, I'd much more prefer a ticker at the bottom that provides a score alert where a teams score goes from 0 to 6 and then 6 to 7. Then shifts like ESPN's does and scrolls across the bottom "DET TD: C. Johnson 41-yd pass from Stafford". I don't need to see a highlight. I have an imagination.

# 54 Aggies7 @ 05/09/12 01:03 AM
I just hope it's for studio updates like NCAA. And maybe halftime or weekly show.

Would be nice to get updates during game considering most are 1 or 4 pm eastern time games. And to see how other teams in your division are doing.

Just hope it's not like Erin Andrews a few years ago where she just did the scene for Road to Glory

# 55 statum71 @ 05/09/12 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I was never a fan of the weekly highlight or halftime show. To me, it's just like the intro's and the repeating cut scenes. I'd watch it the first couple times and then just skip them after that. The fact that so many people view it as almost a end-all be-all is ridiculous to me.

Sorry you feel that way Deuce. I couldn't disagree more.

I don't stop watching my weekly or halftime shows in any sports game that has 'em. Intros either.

# 56 Step2001 @ 05/09/12 08:05 AM
Good to hear they added Wingo. This has to be about depth added to the announcers. After the top players are gone, the game has to attach itself to the new stars of the game (within the game).

Went over this numerous time in the Wishlist thread.

Pre-Season has to be treated different from the studio and booth. Removing the 1st team after a series, the talk should then focus on the young players.
Talk about the teams draft picks, new players signed during free agency & those UDRFA trying to make the club as a long shot.

Injuries around the league and how the teams handled the situation. Weeks the player(s) will be out. I.R. Who they signed to replace the injured player, or the team will look from within the roster.

Cut down days.......Big Name players released.

Players signing extensions! Trades! Signings!
-----------------
During the season, same, injuries, surprise teams & players having good years. Coaches on the hot seat. Teams sliding toward the 1st pick in the draft. Playoff possibilities, who can clinch etc. etc.
-----------------
Playoffs, whole different atmosphere and that starts upstairs in the booth and in the studio. The crowd has to play a big role...
-----------------
Same with the Super Bowl....
-----------------
Off-season

I can go on and on.............

# 57 adub88 @ 05/09/12 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pats3912
Que all the gamers say they would rather skip the presentation cut scenes and weekly show!!!

I never understood this way of thinking. Dont get me wrong, i find myself 'X'ing through alot of the EA sports presentation stuff myself. But thats usually because EA's presentation has been extremely boring in the past. Even the cut scenes in Madden 12 got stale after awhile. If the presentation is done right you will find yourself not skipping it. When i played 2k5 i barely ever skipped a highlight, cut scene, or a weekly sportscenter. It made me feel my frnachise was truly alive, which EA has failed to do in the past is make a franchise feel alive. When the game started i wanted to see clips of people tailgaiting before game, moving there way to the seats. When a QB threw an interception i wanted to see him throw his helmet at the bench in frustration. When a player scored a touchdown i wanted to see him talking on the phone to the booth after and saying "hi mom!" to the camera. When a team got crushed i wanted to see the cut scene of people leaving the stadium in dissapointment. It added so much life to the players and the fans in and out of the stadium.

The sportscenter was no joke either. You all know that as the season went on the sportscenter weekly show got better and better, they would start talking about whos up for the yearly awards, whos injured, whos in the playoff picture, mock drafts. Then when the playoffs came it was all about the playoffs and super bowl. I played that game non stop for almost 3-4 years and never skipped through any of the presentation elements because it was done right!

If you want to skip it, good for you, go ahead. Its still better to have it in the game than not at all.
yeah, what he said lol.

# 58 DeuceDouglas @ 05/09/12 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
Same here. I love to watch highlights. I don't see how watching an exciting play seems crazy. I have NFL2K & APF and still watch the highlights and weekly wrap-ups. It puts me in awe every time I watch it because its always something new (as far as weekly highlights) and the dialog fits so well. Me and my friends never skip it when we play, it's a thing of beauty when done right.
It's not crazy as many people obviously love it. It's just not my cup of tea. I don't want to play a game and then watch five minutes of stat screens and three TD highlights. I'm by no means against it but for me to actually consistently watch it, it would have to be completely over the top magnificent.

# 59 statum71 @ 05/09/12 05:12 PM
Quote:
Yeah I have to cosign too, Sportscenter seemed fresh every week. Even my friend that couldn't careless about halftime shows, loved to watch the weekly recap. All 3, sometimes 4, of us in a franchise together would gather around to watch the SportsCenter weekly recap. Maybe I was just easier entertained back then but like someone else mentioned, it just seemed so well done and put together.

I am not that disappointed about no actual halftime show because it sounds like what M13 will have could be a good addition. However, if they can add a NFL Live type weekly recap show in M13 with video highlights, I think I would watch that every week.
Me too. NFL 2K5's SportsCenter was INSANE!

Also, College Hoops 2K8 had a show called College Hoops Tonight in studio with Greg Gumbel and Clark Kellogg. It was a full blown show recapping last weeks games (with highlights) and previewing the upcoming key matchups. Not to mention Top 25 review, conference standings, and tournament watch. It took a good five minutes to sit through the whole thing.

And I didn't skip it one single time!! Extremely immersive!!!!

So whatever they're doing with Wingo has me very optimistic.

# 60 BrianFifaFan @ 05/09/12 08:24 PM
Quote:
ARE YOU F'N KIDDING ME?! Why would you even mention this Statum when I could have stayed perfectly ignorant about this? lol

Now after going on YouTube to investigate, the bar for the weekly recap show in Madden 13 has been raised. NO VIDEO, NO PEACE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9y7aNwcX50
Man, with the advances in lip-sync that are around today, could you imagine what could be done with either of the old 2k shows? I just hope that Trey isn't just voiceover. That pic in the green room at EA gives me hope. I never buttoned through the recap shows on either of these games. I wouldn't if EA put something together of equal quality using today's tech. I can't wait to see how in depth the Simms/Nantz booth animation goes. That would be a nice gauge as to how they can expand this in the future.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.