Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

The crew at Tradition Sports Online have posted this interesting NCAA Football 13 recruiting database article.

If you are the type of person that can't stand the unrealistic 6'4" 175 wide receiver or 6’5” 180 defensive end recruits, make sure you give it a read.

Quote:
For several years now, most would agree that the recruiting features of NCAA Football have taken huge steps in creating a deep, realistic experience. However, for those of you who are recruiting enthusiasts like me, it can be hard to authenticate certain recruits when you know that their measurables would never lend them to their position in real life. Coupled with the fact that there is little to no growth or weight progression in the game and the end result is some really unrealistic player models.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bobtrain @ 05/10/12 07:00 PM
What makes this more frustrating is when you import the draft class into Madden and all of a sudden everyone is tweeners in the NFL. It's very unrealistic and makes it less "sim" like in my book.

# 22 mjc88 @ 05/10/12 08:29 PM
There are 6'4 175 lb receivers though...

# 23 BA2929 @ 05/10/12 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatShot
In all honesty how hard is it to go into edit players and add weight and set the attributes that you see need be. I know it's the fact that it doesn't do it without you having to go in and do it yourself, but there are workarounds that can be done
You know how big of a pain that would be for some of these sim players? They'd have to go into each roster and change the weight of every single player. That's AT LEAST 7,000 player edits. Doing it for your team only is one thing, but all FBS teams is completely crazy.

# 24 jmik58 @ 05/10/12 10:32 PM
I do think EA is missing a HUGE piece of the college football mystique by not allowing for dynamic player development throughout the years.

Many schools are well known for taking a player and switching his position in college. Iowa is one of these programs. Many of their top talents started as one position and were later All-Pro in the NFL at the new position.

Guys come in as 6'4" 220 lb TE and leave 6'4" 305 lb LT. Or they walk on as linebackers and end up being All-Pro TE's. These are just a few examples but you get the point.

Building and transforming programs through recruiting and roster adjustments is something that would add an immense amount of depth. This is just one bi-product of dynamic player development, if EA would just do it.

# 25 bobtrain @ 05/11/12 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I do think EA is missing a HUGE piece of the college football mystique by not allowing for dynamic player development throughout the years.

Many schools are well known for taking a player and switching his position in college. Iowa is one of these programs. Many of their top talents started as one position and were later All-Pro in the NFL at the new position.

Guys come in as 6'4" 220 lb TE and leave 6'4" 305 lb LT. Or they walk on as linebackers and end up being All-Pro TE's. These are just a few examples but you get the point.

Building and transforming programs through recruiting and roster adjustments is something that would add an immense amount of depth. This is just one bi-product of dynamic player development, if EA would just do it.
Agree. And if you change a players position, then that player will have a different weight strengthening and conditioning schedule which should impact his attributes (i.e. if you change a QB to RB, then he's going to develop a bigger lower body, etc and hence more weight.).

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.