Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

This NCAA Football 13 video showcases the USC Trojans intro and the new studio update with Rece Davis.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Pokes404 @ 05/10/12 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCFClemson
Nice video the in studio update was awesome...

One complaint though.... I think those Pom Poms could be used as deadly weapons.
I thought that same thing. Put a handle and a chain on those things and they'd be Medieval morningstars.

# 22 tanner75 @ 05/10/12 03:17 PM
Studio updates are all well and good but don't know that i would want them interrupting my gameplay too often. They would be better suited to play at the end of a quarter or at halftime, especially if there is no real halftime show..Thoughts?

# 23 TCFClemson @ 05/10/12 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner75
Studio updates are all well and good but don't know that i would want them interrupting my gameplay too often. They would be better suited to play at the end of a quarter or at halftime, especially if there is no real halftime show..Thoughts?
I like the halftime idea.

# 24 The_Wise_One @ 05/10/12 03:18 PM
Nothing special but at least it's a little different. I was really hoping the crowd would erupt when he thrusted the sword down.

# 25 TCFClemson @ 05/10/12 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks5
Nothing special but at least it's a little different. I was really hoping the crowd would erupt when he thrusted the sword down.
Me too that is one thing I didnt like crowd seemed very dead to me during the Trojan Horse scene. That should be an easy fix I would think.

# 26 ultralow36 @ 05/10/12 03:24 PM
ill take it .....not bad for an new chapter

# 27 green94 @ 05/10/12 03:25 PM
Wow - Espn presentation being used the right way. Love it.

# 28 rspencer86 @ 05/10/12 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks5
I was really hoping the crowd would erupt when he thrusted the sword down.
I was just going to point that out, crowd is at the same level throughout the entire pregame stuff. Kind of takes away from the drama of the moment when he plunges that sword straight into the turf.

Studio updates look awesome, although Rece's audio is a bit stiff and robotic. Still a wonderful addition to the game and something I've been asking for for years.

# 29 NikeBlitz @ 05/10/12 03:27 PM
Looks and sounds good. Except the grass.

# 30 KingsRock91 @ 05/10/12 03:28 PM
They're still not using the right song. Don't know it's a rights issue, but the game has had "Tribute to Troy" for the longest time as the fight song -- in reality, it's "Fight On." "Tribute" is used when the band first comes out.

Also: the crowd should explode when the drum major stabs midfield. I only notice cause I go to SC. Other than that, it looks real nice (though, as it stands, Davis' audio leaves much to be desired).

# 31 TrapStar215 @ 05/10/12 03:33 PM
I hope they have equipment updates.

# 32 DJ @ 05/10/12 03:36 PM
Rece's audio does have that patched-together sound to it, but that really isn't unexpected, given the number of schools in the game. It's still nice to have it as opposed to nothing at all.

The score ticker looks good at the bottom of the screen and the crowd sounds better.

# 33 DorianDonP @ 05/10/12 03:39 PM
I like what they added for THIS YEAR but still hate that it's placed on top of LAST YEAR.

The team entrances are still way off from what happens during an actual broadcast. Too many close up of fans. Not enough stadium shots showcasing the large crowd. Too closed in. Too quiet. No commentary. No dynasty specific lines/text providing context for anything.

I'll prolly watch the warmup because that actually happens during an ESPN game and it feels authentic (wish they showed guys stretching from the POV of the grass because that happens a lot on ESPN games) but I'll be skipping the team entrances once again.

# 34 bigsmallwood @ 05/10/12 03:40 PM
Rece's voice is definitely robotic. I believe there is something wrong with how EA implements announcers into their game. It does not sound natural and will be this way for the rest of this gen I am sure. Love the updates, better if they showed highlights though. Also the game-play and players running onto the field appear to be the same as the last few years. Color me unimpressed so far. I hope Heisman Challenge is at least a great addition.

# 35 billylee0000 @ 05/10/12 03:43 PM
I like the addition of the studio update, but it seems like NCAA12 2.0 to me

# 36 devilwearsmaize @ 05/10/12 03:43 PM
1:11 to 2:08 is just too long of a period to be that quiet. You'd never see that watching espn.

But other than that, this sounds and looks incredible. Each year building the presentation I can't imagine what it could look like in say 3-5 years.

# 37 bigsmallwood @ 05/10/12 03:45 PM

What is the difference from last year and this year? And why so much dead space vocally? We should be hearing about the match ups at various positions, the rivalry etc. C'mon!

# 38 DorianDonP @ 05/10/12 03:47 PM
And I see people saying the crowd sounds good but I guess I am underwhelmed because they still didn't react in the clip. On the kick return, the crowd should have gotten louder once he hit the 25 because it looked like he had room to break it. Instead, they keep monotone loudness.

(2:39)

Also notice they didn't update their scorecard to match last years ESPN scorecard. Guess I'm not all that surprised since they usually put in a new feature and then don't touch it for years.

Def some choppiness in the studio update from Rece but it's to be expected. The ticker is a great addition.

Overall I dig the new stuff. The old stuff still sticks out like a sore thumb.

# 39 Bfreecloud @ 05/10/12 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood

What is the difference from last year and this year? And why so much dead space vocally? We should be hearing about the match ups at various positions, the rivalry etc. C'mon!
well put. there's a reason everyone skips the intros.

# 40 volstopfan14 @ 05/10/12 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChainsaw
I thought it was a little awkward how Nessler transitioned right to the studio after the kickoff. But, it's early footage I suppose.

Also, is the gameplay camera more zoomed out?
I'm thinking that was just to showcase the studio update in this video.

One thing I'd have liked to have seen was a ESPN CFB screen after Rece finishes the opening and Brad takes the call. It seemed kind of rushed as they switched.

Overall, it looks really good and I think this is a great addidtion to the game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.