Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

This NCAA Football 13 video showcases the USC Trojans intro and the new studio update with Rece Davis.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 WKUTopper9 @ 05/10/12 08:00 PM
Am I the only one who is annoyed that they are again taking a "realistic broadcast approach" yet are using unrealistic camera angles and camera movements?

I want to feel like I'm watching a real college game, not getting some 360 follow view of my running back's helmet as he scores a TD

# 62 DorianDonP @ 05/10/12 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i agree, the intros are pointless because of the dead air that makes them boring to watch. It's not hard to add the pregame commentary and setup to start halfway through the team intro, and then show them warming up AFTER they've entered the field instead of before they enter the field.

On the old systems you used to get commentary while the teams entered, you use to see the away team at least run on the field (while being booed) and then they would do the pregame talk while showing the guys warming up... not vice versa.

As someone else said, this looks like NCAA 12 v2.0
Fwiw the one thing EA DID get right is the warmups happening before the entrance. ESPN does show the warmups of the next game just like they did in the video, and after that the team does their entrance.

A team warms up before they have their official entrance.

I agree with the rest of what you said though.

# 63 Catamount53 @ 05/10/12 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper_kobe
Thats wrong man...

Staying on topic here are some proper in-game cut ins :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKWjCf-w1Xs

# 64 I3RIS3H @ 05/10/12 09:14 PM
Pretty underwhelming from a presentation standpoint. Waiting for actual gameplay to come out before I make any decisions.

# 65 mrprice33 @ 05/10/12 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
Did not sell me. I'm gonna need OL/DL interactions and online play to be vastly upgraded before I invest time and money in this stupid game. In other words, mark me down for another fan NOT buying the game. EA can suck it this year.
Shocking...

# 66 Meast21Forever @ 05/10/12 09:23 PM
If you're impressed by this, you have super low standards. Rece is 100% patched in to the old, boring crap we got last year. I'm not a 2k fanboy in the slightest, but if you've played NBA 2k12 at all, you would hate listening to this patch job. Not to mention the LONG gap of silence while the players are in the locker room, etc.

I'm honestly surprised at the positive response to this. Maybe I'm alone in this.

# 67 brobamigo @ 05/10/12 09:40 PM
Was the blurriness the video or us that the new motion blur? Because if that's motion blur then it is way overdone and looked horrible

# 68 SageInfinite @ 05/10/12 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
If you're impressed by this, you have super low standards. Rece is 100% patched in to the old, boring crap we got last year. I'm not a 2k fanboy in the slightest, but if you've played NBA 2k12 at all, you would hate listening to this patch job. Not to mention the LONG gap of silence while the players are in the locker room, etc.

I'm honestly surprised at the positive response to this. Maybe I'm alone in this.
Definitely aren't alone here. Totally agree.

# 69 CM Hooe @ 05/10/12 09:49 PM
Rece does sound a bit robotic. That's something that can be ironed out over time.

Frankly, I think I will enjoy the score ticker and in-game update screens moreso than any commentary Rece provides. That in-and-of itself is going to add life to Dynasty mode because we'll have full awareness of how other teams are faring.

I'm very much looking forward to July 10.

# 70 michigan21 @ 05/10/12 09:49 PM
Quote:

I know they are trying, but as you said about NBA 2K12, when the quarter is over, its like the game goes to a commercial break. When its close to thanksgiving or christmas, youll get the graphics that go with those holidays.The cut ins and dialog that go with it are natural. Thats what I think of when I think of presentation. We will see how the game plays, but so far its been really underwhelming.

# 71 mtoo22 @ 05/10/12 10:02 PM
I still think it is off from what is on TV, however it is a huge improvement from last year. I am pretty critical and think gameplay is #1, but I do feel more connected than I ever did on PS2 or XBOX 1.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

# 72 dodgerblue @ 05/10/12 10:32 PM
Like someone else said, the fight song is incorrect. Pretty hard to believe EA wouldn't fix this after the last two years of making the same mistake. Good thing there are custom fight songs but it's irritating.

Also while it's a little more immersion with the pregame and other game updates, hopefully it's only the first step. There should be a top 10 scoreboard and then a separate pac 12 scoreboard (or whatever conference is playing in the game).

# 73 Armor and Sword @ 05/10/12 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
I still think it is off from what is on TV, however it is a huge improvement from last year. I am pretty critical and think gameplay is #1, but I do feel more connected than I ever did on PS2 or XBOX 1.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
Bingo. The immersive factor is stepping up. NCAA dynasty mode is one of the better franchise modes IMO next to 2K Association and The Show. This only helps and enhance what is already IMO a very solid mode.

I will not judge it till I play the retail version. But so far I like what I see.

# 74 TheTruth437 @ 05/10/12 10:49 PM
Quote:

Meh. I don't think NBA 2k12's commentary is very good; far too repetitive.

# 75 SageInfinite @ 05/10/12 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth437

# 76 ultralow36 @ 05/10/12 10:58 PM
boy I never understand how some of y'all even play games .....y'all will pick a game apart....and then tell others who may enjoy it they have low standards for liking a game yes a video game not real life......but a game....and yes buy all means if you like what you see u have low standards ...REALLY ...

# 77 jeremym480 @ 05/10/12 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth437
I agree to an extent. Theirs is still much better than anything that EA does commentary wise (so far * crosses fingers), but NBA 2K's still isn't as good as MLB 2K's. At least with MLB, you don't hear the same anecdotes every. single. game.

# 78 Bad_Intentions @ 05/10/12 11:05 PM
OMG Nessler and Herbstreit bore the crap outta me........The tech they use for the commentary just doesn't sound "Free Flowing" at all....everything sounds patched together. There isn't a sense that the guys in the booth are even in the same room together. Any strides that are made presentation wise may be destroyed in we get the same quality of commentary with a few extra "new lines" thrown in.

# 79 TheTruth437 @ 05/10/12 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yep. NBA 2k12 repeats team-specific lines often.

# 80 NDAlum @ 05/10/12 11:15 PM
Love the ESPN presentation and updates

Crowd/atmosphere is still boring, but custom music sure helps with that

I'm happy about my pre-order

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.