Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

This NCAA Football 13 video showcases the USC Trojans intro and the new studio update with Rece Davis.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Bad_Intentions @ 05/10/12 11:17 PM
Some stuff in NBA 2k12 can get repetitive the commentary doesn't sound robotic. It is 100 times better than NCAA or Madden. It flows much like a real broadcast. There is a bit of banter between the guys in the booth, and they go into detail about how a team did last year, or has been doing the past few years, or something to make it sound authentic, though they say the same ones, at least you can tell the audio team made an effort. The commentary in NCAA makes me want to stab myself in the side of the head with a screwdriver after a couple games.

I just can't see why they can't have both guys in the sound booth AT THE SAME TIME, and just call a game or portions of games.

# 82 Xero Theory 42 @ 05/10/12 11:26 PM
one of the things that bother me is that when the players are running out it is only offensive players like WR and QB. and it seems like they havent changed much on the runouts. same animations as last year

# 83 Gap Integrity @ 05/10/12 11:34 PM
WERE THOSE MID-SOCKS!

# 84 TheRegan @ 05/10/12 11:44 PM
I thought it sounded decent, Rece just sounds like he can't breathe through his nose.

# 85 shanew21 @ 05/10/12 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates946
Best part: Live look in to see Tech beat those Longhorns! Cant wait till next Thursday.
Yeah that's not happening this year haha

# 86 TheTruth437 @ 05/10/12 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Intentions
Some stuff in NBA 2k12 can get repetitive the commentary doesn't sound robotic. It is 100 times better than NCAA or Madden. It flows much like a real broadcast. There is a bit of banter between the guys in the booth, and they go into detail about how a team did last year, or has been doing the past few years, or something to make it sound authentic, though they say the same ones, at least you can tell the audio team made an effort. The commentary in NCAA makes me want to stab myself in the side of the head with a screwdriver after a couple games.

I just can't see why they can't have both guys in the sound booth AT THE SAME TIME, and just call a game or portions of games.
I agree with you.

# 87 shanew21 @ 05/11/12 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddrow23
I will buy this game since I'm a college football nut and this is the only Monopoly game in the store but I'm starting to get this feeling this is the same old junky house with new shiny paint on the walls.:
I'll enjoy the new passing game and updated rosters, but I agree with you. We need another NCAA game for EA to compete with.

# 88 bigsmallwood @ 05/11/12 12:08 AM
There is nothing impressive nor immersive about this video. It is sad that some of you are willing to act like EA made a huge leap forward this year, and all they have done is attempt to patch in some new commentary and pasted a scoring update into the game. I don't want to hear about this being an earlier build or anything that people keep saying annually to try and cover up for the fact that EA Sports is telling you what they can't do and forcing you to accept the minimal updates.

This is why we need competition....I guarantee that EA Sports would have fixed the issues plaguing this game and we would have witnessed true innovation. #Notimpressed

# 89 TheTruth437 @ 05/11/12 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I agree to an extent. Theirs is still much better than anything that EA does commentary wise (so far * crosses fingers), but NBA 2K's still isn't as good as MLB 2K's. At least with MLB, you don't hear the same anecdotes every. single. game.
Yep. NBA 2k12's commentary system is better than any EA game I've played. But no sports game I've ever played has done that well with commentary, as far as I'm concerned.

# 90 DorianDonP @ 05/11/12 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Will there be late season BCS drama in-game commentary?
Will it be like Madden's commentary system where they are aware if standings and all that?

Recognition if busted or gem recruits that are playing??

Idk let me stop dreaming
Apparently, there will be.

Details like BCS or poll positioning, rivalries and upcoming games, and individual performances are all part of the mix.

http://kotaku.com/5909126/ncaa-footb...with-an-update

# 91 PowerofRed25 @ 05/11/12 02:00 AM
Wow, that was incredibly underwhelming. No, that was flat out terrible. I'm hoping that was just a rough preliminary cut-up of how things are going to be and it will get polished up because if that was the final product, all I see are more things to X through during the game.

I liked the idea and execution of Rece's intro, but the audio/dialogue was horrid. The tunnel entrances continue to be incredibly bland, although when paired with the right custom music they are okay. EA has found itself stuck in no mans land between wanting a true broadcast experience and wanting a true on the field experience. That is not something you can mix and match with, you're either in or you're out. If they want to focus on the broadcast part, which they clearly do, you cannot have so much dead air and you can't keep approaching cut scenes on a micro level. Things have to be macro, wide panning shots of a full team running on the field. Wide pan shots of a stadium full of people, etc. Then, and only then, do you go small and focus on a mascot at midfield or a player carrying a flag, or things of that nature.

This reliance on cut scenes has got to stop because they do not flow at all. We went from a few bad cut scenes to open the game in NCAA 12 to now 2-3 MORE bad cut scenes, none of which flow together at all.

The crowd noise during the entrance and during the kick return continue to be subpar, I'm hoping this is just because the crowd noise system hasn't been installed.

Worst of all was that post-kickoff throw back to Rece for a studio update 45 seconds after we just left him. That was more awkward than an NFL game with their patented score, commercial, kickoff, commercial sequence. In a 5 minute quarter game, I want to see Rece 4-5 times max. Ideally towards the end of the 1st quarter, coming in and out of halftime, ending the third and starting/midway through the 4th (as more games reach the late quarters). There is no reason for us to be getting a 24-17 Final Score update during what is very clearly an early afternoon game, even if you take into account the 2 hour time difference.

Among other things I noticed, an UPSET ALERT banner on the ticker and then showing Unranked Cal take the lead over #5 Washington 6-0 with 13:56 left in the FIRST QUARTER.

So far the attention to detail is completely absent. But hey, maybe it's an early model.

# 92 Black4track @ 05/11/12 02:15 AM
I agree. With the exception of some new audio, this game looks like last years.

But why should EA try, when people will eat this up and pay $60 for the patch update.

# 93 PowerofRed25 @ 05/11/12 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearme504
And you'll probably be one of them, I know i will. But im not trying to sit here and sound like I wont be purchasing this on day one.
Oh I already pre-ordered. I'll buy this game every year, I know how to make the most out of it, regardless of what EA does to it. Even last year when custom playbooks (amongst other things) were glitched out, I managed to make it work. I'll always get great joy out of the game, no matter what. Kills me to see EA flail and miss so constantly though.

# 94 Rivals @ 05/11/12 04:05 AM
I like that they allowed the pregame animations to play out. The flow of Rece Davis' commentary with the video was good, but the actually team intro is awkward and inaccurate. The horse Traveler is not on the field with the drum major sticking the sword in the ground. That's just a cut and paste from 2012, which people complained about last year. And the crowd noise still seems to be lacking presence. Crowd noise in 2012 was horrendous.

# 95 stoncold32 @ 05/11/12 04:19 AM
I suppose this is nitpicking, but the clock doesnt move on the ticker bar. I did see the score chaneg once, so I guess that's good

# 96 bpac55 @ 05/11/12 07:10 AM
Didn't they say that they completely redid the crowd noise by doing a new recording???? If they did then they wasted their money because it sounds EXACTLY the same as last year and that is not a good thing. It sounds like a crowd murmur at the intermission of a high school musical. The commentary was horrible...as soon as the commentary started I got this old comfortable feeling because I could almost say the words myself seeing as it never changes. The silence during the warm-up was just mind numbing....someone please show Virginia Tech before the team comes out to the EA developers and then maybe they can have a goal to reach. Add me to the NCAA12 2.0 list.

# 97 callmetaternuts @ 05/11/12 07:59 AM
The motion blur seems to be taken to an extreme. Every part of the runout was filled with motion blur making it look grainy.

# 98 Anaxamander @ 05/11/12 09:49 AM
Since you've got in-game updates of other games, I wonder if that means you can only play your team's game.

# 99 pirates946 @ 05/11/12 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
Since you've got in-game updates of other games, I wonder if that means you can only play your team's game.
I sure hope not. I was getting cheated last year with BYU in my dynasty. I had an A+ schedule and was 8-0 (I was playing on All-American). I was barely in the top 25. I had to win the NC so i could get the independence day trophy but the game was screwing me over. So i user controlled and played against all the teams in the top 10 and made them all lose a few games. The game cheated me, so I cheated back. I made it to #2 and won the NC. Hopefully we can still play other games.

# 100 Scrapps @ 05/11/12 10:31 AM
Same ol' story with EA. Nice idea, dreadful implementation. The beat goes on.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.