Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

This NCAA Football 13 video showcases the USC Trojans intro and the new studio update with Rece Davis.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 TDKing @ 05/11/12 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Wow... That was boring...
Glad I'm not the only one. Boring is the first thing that popped into my head.

# 122 michigan21 @ 05/11/12 10:54 PM
After seeing the last 2 videos for ncaa 13, I really dont have any faith that Ncaa will ever live up to where a lot of us thought they would be by now. I mean, if we are keeping it real and all, that video of the "new presentation" is really nothing new or groundbreaking. I really have resigned myself to the fact that football on this platform is non-existent. Unless we are talking about futbol. Which leads me to another point. I rented madden 12 last fall. I was so disappointed with the game I took it back after a couple days. I rented fifa 12 without knowing a whole lot about soccer. Long story short, I fell in love with it and bought it. I find myself watching Barclays premier league games. The amount of work it takes to score a goal make it worthwhile. Some games are 1-0, and others are 4-2. The game just makes soccer great without making it cheap.

# 123 Gap Integrity @ 05/11/12 11:00 PM
It's better than last year. studio updates will be nice.

# 124 bigsmallwood @ 05/11/12 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Something tells me if they went for 50-60 guys the game would look like a slideshow, or the guys running out would look like the models on the sidelines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid FSU
Nor will you ever be...
If they make the necessary improvements to the game and put forth a strong effort I would be.........

# 125 AuburnAlumni @ 05/11/12 11:12 PM
Please...

Please....

Please make Intros viewable in Online Dynasty Head to Head Matchups.

If you can watch intros playing against a Buddy in NBA 2k, the guys at EA should have the technical capability to let us watch the buildup before I face a big Human rival in an OD game.

Make this happen.

Signed,

Everyone. (and if you don't watch them random poster who will respond in kind...then skip them. But I want the option. So do many others.)

# 126 DJ @ 05/11/12 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
After seeing the last 2 videos for ncaa 13, I really dont have any faith that Ncaa will ever live up to where a lot of us thought they would be by now. I mean, if we are keeping it real and all, that video of the "new presentation" is really nothing new or groundbreaking. I really have resigned myself to the fact that football on this platform is non-existent. Unless we are talking about futbol. Which leads me to another point. I rented madden 12 last fall. I was so disappointed with the game I took it back after a couple days. I rented fifa 12 without knowing a whole lot about soccer. Long story short, I fell in love with it and bought it. I find myself watching Barclays premier league games. The amount of work it takes to score a goal make it worthwhile. Some games are 1-0, and others are 4-2. The game just makes soccer great without making it cheap.
I've been tempted to give FIFA a try but have stayed away because I don't really follow the sport.

# 127 AuburnAlumni @ 05/11/12 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lear Pilot
Looks like NCAA 12 version 1.5 . . . .

Love the addition of the studio updates, but right after kickoff, really? I hope they don't cut into the game at awkward points. Timeouts, end of quarters would be preferable.

Run outs, warm ups, crowds, audio, it all looks the same. If they think adding a line of audio to the coach at the run out is worthy of another $60, they are going to be dissapointed. I sure hope they have some big surprises up their sleeves. Beginning to look like the first edition of NCAA that I'll skip in 10 years.
If you want to get some "oomph" for the intros, I'd highly suggest using custom intros....

For instance....

Here is my custom Intro that I designed for Notre Dame. Makes a world of difference.

Seeing the new updates, combined with a cool custom intro music selection....and I'm digging the overall feel of the new intros.

# 128 DorianDonP @ 05/11/12 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
If you want to get some "oomph" for the intros, I'd highly suggest using custom intros....

For instance....

Here is my custom Intro that I designed for Notre Dame. Makes a world of difference.

Seeing the new updates, combined with a cool custom intro music selection....and I'm digging the overall feel of the new intros.
How many custom intros can you have for a team?

What you did was cool for cinematic style but I wouldn't use it for me. But what you created did give me an idea. Maybe I can cut together some intros from real life broadcast.

But can you use more than 1 for a single team?

# 129 AuburnAlumni @ 05/11/12 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
How many custom intros can you have for a team?

What you did was cool for cinematic style but I wouldn't use it for me. But what you created did give me an idea. Maybe I can cut together some intros from real life broadcast.

But can you use more than 1 for a single team?
You can use as many as you want. I don't want to turn this into a Stadium Sounds thread, but I was just pointing out that EA does give you some ability to really add a ton to games with Stadium sounds and Custom Intros.

You can do real broadcasts, cinematic style, etc. I found a great radio broadcast from Tennessee's John Ward and used it for a Tennessee Intro.

You can also "layer" different sounds on most sound editors to create siren effects, etc. on top of the music.

Here is my ECU intro.

Again, not to turn it away from the new intro...but the new stuff plus custom music will make 13 pretty damn sweet in the intro department in my opinion.

# 130 DorianDonP @ 05/11/12 11:42 PM
Good deal. I'm pretty decent with audio editing so I think I'll def try that out.

# 131 michigan21 @ 05/12/12 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I've been tempted to give FIFA a try but have stayed away because I don't really follow the sport.
Man, do yourself a favor and rent it. Give yourself time to get the ebbs and flow of it like passing and setting up attacks. You really don't need to be a fan of soccer, but if your a sports fan you will love it.

# 132 Mr_McGibblets90 @ 05/12/12 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekcots11
This one is a bit better than the ND one. for one reason cause its more realistic. the ND one is more fantasy, i dont see that one ever being real unless thats what they do on a real game cause ive never been to a ND game. Ive always wanted to do an MSU one with the 300 theme and them playing thunderstruck right as they come on the field
Check the big ten sounds thread. I made a custom intro that's exactly that and uploaded it last season.

# 133 swac07 @ 05/12/12 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Meh, pretty unimpressed. I see they're trying but the direction is off. It's a mash up of what EA wants to do, and an actual broadcast. Just doesn't work for me.
THIS!!....I agree...its to much dead air, the crowd sounds stagnant[i expected the crowd to go crazy when the sword was stabbed into the ground] and rece sounds pieced together or robotic as some said....they have time to fix it I hope

# 134 Moegames @ 05/12/12 05:57 AM
Im starting to feel its time to change the announcers..its one of those little things that when changed can really give a fresh feel to a sports game. I dont know..maybe i am wrong but it may do some good to get some fresh voices in NCAA now..the overall commentary is not that bad..but the voices..feel worn out and tiring to me...its been too long using the same announcers.

The developers need to understand that simply changing the dialogue each year does not help much..EA needs to start really "improving" the audio much more now..especially the play by play commentary, improve the flow of it during, pre and after play, emotion of it,etc ..same goes with Madden but Madden this year will be getting a facelift for its audio...i feel it may be time for NCAA to follow suit

# 135 roadman @ 05/12/12 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Im starting to feel its time to change the announcers..its one of those little things that when changed can really give a fresh feel to a sports game. I dont know..maybe i am wrong but it may do some good to get some fresh voices in NCAA now..the overall commentary is not that bad..but the voices..feel worn out and tiring to me...its been too long using the same announcers.

The developers need to understand that simply changing the dialogue each year does not help much..EA needs to start really "improving" the audio much more now..especially the play by play commentary, improve the flow of it during, pre and after play, emotion of it,etc ..same goes with Madden but Madden this year will be getting a facelift for its audio...i feel it may be time for NCAA to follow suit
They are both getting an overhaul in sound technology.

I do hope they fill up the dead spots, though, during intros.

# 136 strive @ 05/12/12 11:30 AM
Hopefully that is an early build. Still cool stuff to have, but it isn't really presented very well.

# 137 dan_457 @ 05/12/12 01:10 PM
So yeah, this video was not impressive at all. Virtually no difference from 12 aside from the updates, which sound terrible. I mean, they sound so rushed and pieced together, I don't know how the dev team thought this was acceptable. They have no standard of quality, considering this is a major new feature, and it sounds like something they just threw together in a few minutes.

Sounds great in concept, yet woefully executed by NCAA team, as usual.

# 138 capn_razzamataz @ 05/12/12 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strive
Hopefully that is an early build. Still cool stuff to have, but it isn't really presented very well.
The story of the past few years of EA football, IMO.

# 139 S C 0 0 Z E @ 05/12/12 04:02 PM
Really liked everything I saw BUT, I feel like the announcers should be talking during the pre game - locker room entrance thing. They could be saying, "...and here is USC getting ready to come out of the locker room" and so forth.

# 140 S C 0 0 Z E @ 05/12/12 04:06 PM
Also, I find the top comment on the Youtube channel pretty funny:

"Thanks Reese. No score in this one."
NO **** THE GAME JUST STARTED.
Goddamn it, lazy commentary again.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.