Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.
  • Fast forward to 8:45
  • EA Sports and Madden NFL 13 has partnered up with NFL Fillms
  • QB cadences have returned
  • Crowds in the past were recorded with 4 microphones, in Madden NFL 13 they used 24 mics
  • When big plays happen, you hear the highs and lows
  • Recorded grunts and hits from mic'd players, which has been implemented into the game
  • Jim Nantz and Phil Simms had recording sessions together and ad-lib audio was captured

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 billylee0000 @ 05/11/12 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Down
There must be a link floating around please share, I want to see too lol
go back a page

# 22 msdm27 @ 05/11/12 06:01 AM
One of the things that has me most excited about M13 is that it seems the dev team hasn't only focused on 2 or 3 big core new features, rather they have also dedicated enough attention to smaller details that improve the game in a very subtle way (motion blur, qb cadences, improve stadium sounds).

And before someone walks in saying "blah, those are gimmicks..." the dev team has not promoted any of these small additions/improvements as a focal part of M13, just tidbits of info that keep on coming out on game improvements, without it being promoted as something out of this world... Just they realizing there was a lot to improve in several areas.

HECK, NOW I'M EVEN STOKED FOR MONDAY 14/05

# 23 raidertiger @ 05/11/12 06:17 AM
All the Palmer sack shows is that how can you miss the wide open man on a screen play?

# 24 msdm27 @ 05/11/12 07:05 AM
It kind of makes me chuckle when someone comes into a thread to "tune down the hype" referring to something completely unrelated to the topic at hand. So if we're talking excitement about SOUND, why the need to come and talk about career modes? Which haven't even been mentiond yet btw.

Bottomline, it seems like nothing will be ever enough for some people. Some praise and get excited about small improvements that really add to the game, and some feel the need to point out macro stuff that's not even being discussed atm.

# 25 at23steelers @ 05/11/12 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Also I hate to be that guy, lol, but on the clip where Carson Palmer got sacked by two players, it looked really good. Looked very fluid and natural the way both players hit the quarterback. Not hinting towards anything, just saying.........
That the Raiders Offensive Line isn't very good??

# 26 Steve_OS @ 05/11/12 08:39 AM
Added the video to the OP.

# 27 djordan @ 05/11/12 08:53 AM
We will see. I will need to see gameplay in order to judge how good the audio upgrade is. I just can't go by these short clips going by EA's track record. Just can't!

# 28 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/11/12 09:01 AM
I like the audio part of it. It sounds good. But my concerns for the D is still there. Looking at the gameplay. It seems the QB is having all day in the pocket and no pressure is there what so ever. I know it is still early. But I have concerns that the D is dumb down and the pressure is toned down aswell. I don't want this to be all about the offense. But hopefully soon enough my concerns will be address come E3 time.

# 29 poster @ 05/11/12 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Also I hate to be that guy, lol, but on the clip where Carson Palmer got sacked by two players, it looked really good. Looked very fluid and natural the way both players hit the quarterback. Not hinting towards anything, just saying.........
I agree on the hit. Both guys got him and engaged with the other CP3 in a way I haven't seen before in the game. Even the DL'men who hit him lower looked fluid when popping up from the ground. I guess we'll see on the 4th.

These audio additions will be nice, loving the additional banter from the guys. It's the kind of thing that made that fake announcing crew from that "other game" kind of fun and enjoyable.That and the way they flowed so beautifully together. Hope EA delivers.

# 30 jbd345 @ 05/11/12 09:34 AM
So with nfl films back hopefully their music is back as well.

# 31 speedy9386 @ 05/11/12 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
I'm still worried about animations and other game modes.

I don't mean to be that guy but you guys shouldn't overhype this game too much. I mean last year, when they added some stuff to MUT and Franchise, Superstar still remained untouched, and even then, Franchise still wasn't that good, yes, it wasn't that good.

Connected Careers could be a really good thing or bad thing. Franchise mode or Superstar could be gone. I guess we'll see.
Why do people keep saying that? They are CLEARLY not taking out the Franchise Mode. That's like saying they're gonna take out play now or something, come on people.

# 32 turducken34 @ 05/11/12 10:15 AM
yeah. Im hoping with nfl films in the mix we get all those great sam spence music pieces back as an option!

# 33 Lodeus @ 05/11/12 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
We will see. I will need to see gameplay in order to judge how good the audio upgrade is. I just can't go by these short clips going by EA's track record. Just can't!
They have never really teased us with things like this though. I LOVE what I see from these previews so far.

# 34 jpdavis82 @ 05/11/12 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
I'm still worried about animations and other game modes.

I don't mean to be that guy but you guys shouldn't overhype this game too much. I mean last year, when they added some stuff to MUT and Franchise, Superstar still remained untouched, and even then, Franchise still wasn't that good, yes, it wasn't that good.

Connected Careers could be a really good thing or bad thing. Franchise mode or Superstar could be gone. I guess we'll see.
It's funny you point out Connected Careers as possibly being a weakness, I personally believe it will be the games strongest element. First of all, we already know that they are going all out with commentary, Trey Wingo, studio sets in the pregame etc... to make the season mode of the game as living as possible, whether it's still named Franchise or not. I expect it to be MUCH improved over last year based on those things alone.

The developers know that we weren't happy with Super Star Mode last year and I expect major improvements if not a complete overhaul this year.

Another thing to keep in mind is the date they chose to announce the information about Connected Careers, June 4th. This is the same day as the Microsoft and EA press conference and that means they are wanting to show this mode off not hide it because it wasn't touched upon or improved drastically.

# 35 greenegt @ 05/11/12 10:53 AM
I liked that short glimpse. Graphics and animation looked great. The commentary should be a HUGE improvement this year. I hate that score ticker, though. Way too cartoony.

# 36 RGiles36 @ 05/11/12 11:04 AM
The QB cadences sound pretty cool -- I can't recall if those were in back in Feb or not.

Sort of an unpopular idea I'm sure, but with the addition of cadences, I'd like to see false starts/encroachments/offsides penalties trigger automatically off of those cadences.

False starts are routine penalties in the NFL. But if I choose not to fake-snap in Madden, I can go forever without getting a false start called. For the sake of realism, I think that has to be represented better.

# 37 LovejoyOTF @ 05/11/12 11:08 AM
it's always bothered me how altering the timing of my snap has never drawn the defense offside (like it can in NCAA) so i am VERY happy to see this being implemented.

# 38 Vechi8 @ 05/11/12 11:10 AM
I really am taking the bait with this game. I'm surprised at the low hype score with EA's efforts and their communication with changes that so many people have had on their wish lists.

Damn, I wish Directv would put back GTTV

# 39 kingsofthevalley @ 05/11/12 11:13 AM
WTF? Chase I love you lol. I just posted about this a couple of days ago asking were they going to bring back the on field **** talking and cadences from Madden 08. This is great. Thank you.

# 40 Senator Palmer @ 05/11/12 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
The QB cadences sound pretty cool -- I can't recall if those were in back in Feb or not.

Sort of an unpopular idea I'm sure, but with the addition of cadences, I'd like to see false starts/encroachments/offsides penalties trigger automatically off of those cadences.

False starts are routine penalties in the NFL. But if I choose not to fake-snap in Madden, I can go forever without getting a false start called. For the sake of realism, I think that has to be represented better.
I like this idea, but you wanna talk about unpopular. I'm an advocate for taking it a step further, and forcing us to select the snap count at the playcall screen to mimic the quarterback calling it in the huddle.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.