Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

Owen Good chimes in with his NCAA Football 13 dynasty article. Below are just a few bullet points from the piece.

Quote:
  • Gone is the frustrating "roulette wheel" of past versions, where you'd simulate calling a player on the phone and having to discuss a random attribute of your program, whether it's a strength, a weakness, or even something the kid is interested.
  • You can send assistant coaches to examine a player and see if he lives up to the hype, in virtual sessions as long as 60 minutes each.
  • The game will include the new Southeastern Conference alignments, of course, and figuring out its schedule rotation was a nightmare. The SEC will play an eight-game conference schedule, six of which will be divisional games that repeat every year, one of which will be an extradivisional protected rivalry, leaving one as a rotating random matchup.

Source - There’s a New Way to Pitch in NCAA Football (Kotaku)

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 unc_kobw @ 05/11/12 10:29 PM
I'm really just wanting gameplay updates. I think the dynasty is fine ( now they have fixed the stupid random pitch part of recruiting ). I just want to see some gameplay improvements. Gameplay should be the main focus every year. Improving it should be priority one.

# 2 bears5122 @ 05/11/12 10:41 PM
Seems like good stuff. I love things that had an element of surprise and uncertainty to talent in a sports game. Finding hidden gems or guys that don't pan out will be great.

Still more concerned with making sure there isn't too much talent or not enough at certain positions. Basically balance. Don't want everyone to be a 95 rated team in 5 years or to not have enough offensive tackles to field a team.

# 3 jmik58 @ 05/12/12 11:38 PM
I love that you can scout and find hidden gems. Before it was all surface level guarantees. Not anymore.

# 4 fcboiler87 @ 05/13/12 10:20 AM
I wonder if this will make recruiting one star players viable? In the history of the game, you might as well just take a walk-on as opposed to recruiting a one star guy because they were rated so poorly (outside of a few JUCO 1-stars). It'd be great if you were say one of the new FBS teams and you were trying to build but couldn't match up against bigger schools.. if you could find some diamond in the rough one stars that no one else was going after, you would be in good shape.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.