Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Just a few days ago, we mentioned the Madden NFL 13 scoreboard banner needed an adjustment.

With the help of the CD guys spreading the word and ideas from everyone here at OS, it looks like we have a winner.

Check out the new and improved Madden NFL 13 scoreboard banner.

What do you think?

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Reed1417 @ 05/14/12 03:59 PM
i love this new scoreboard. it looks delicious!

# 42 jmurphy31 @ 05/14/12 04:03 PM
Definitely looks better than the last one...Nice change

# 43 at23steelers @ 05/14/12 04:06 PM
Is it really supposed to say 4:27 then 1st? I just don't understand their decisions some times. If they copied CBS more, they should have seen it's better to put 1st and 10 on left side.

# 44 rspencer86 @ 05/14/12 04:08 PM
That is a 1000% improvement over the previous version. Text and logos are much more crisp. Looks less like a "video game" element and more like a real TV broadcast element.

Some might think the score bug is small potatoes, but it's something that is on the screen 95% of the time you are playing. An ugly one can detract from the experience.

More encouraging is the willingness to listen to feedback and take immediate action. That is how you foster strong support from your client base and build a loyal community (and a better product).

# 45 bichettehappens @ 05/14/12 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Is it really supposed to say 4:27 then 1st? I just don't understand their decisions some times. If they copied CBS more, they should have seen it's better to put 1st and 10 on left side.
I actually like the down & distance being on the right personally, although I'd probably arrange it so that it's:

Logo | away | home | down | yd line | Game clock | play clock

but I like the idea of the down and distance being grouped with the rest of the game/situational stats rather than wedged between the logo and the score

# 46 destroyer @ 05/14/12 04:18 PM
Very nice. But, will the ticker be at the bottom? The ticker being at the top kind of gets in the way.

Let's give feedback to EA so that they can switch the ticker to the bottom!

# 47 jpdavis82 @ 05/14/12 04:18 PM
It's still a WIP guys, I'm sure they are still working on the little details like numbers fonts and placement. They just wanted to show us that they improved it and more so that they listened to us.

# 48 bichettehappens @ 05/14/12 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer
Very nice. But, will the ticker be at the bottom? The ticker being at the top kind of gets in the way.

Let's give feedback to EA so that they can switch the ticker to the bottom!

I prefer it on the top personally, but actually it would be awesome to have the option to switch it to top or bottom based on preference. This feature would come in handy for me if I'm on a Madden marathon as it would help prevent image retention on my plasma.

# 49 bonannogiovanni @ 05/14/12 04:23 PM
Definitely better, but why not use the same CBS layout since they're trying to emulate it?

# 50 DickDalewood @ 05/14/12 04:25 PM
Very nice.

Love to see them responding to feedback like this.

# 51 NDAlum @ 05/14/12 04:31 PM
Thank you to all of those who had a hand in this process.

The banner is much improved from the WIP version.

# 52 tnixen @ 05/14/12 04:44 PM
WoW great job EA!!!

One question will the scorebar still be at the top or wil it be moved to the bottom of the screen?

And what do you guys prefer top or bottom?

# 53 tnixen @ 05/14/12 05:01 PM
After looking at this updated scorebar some more there are still some things that need to be changed.

1. Move the 1st & Inches to the right of the EA Sports Logo.

2. Move the 1st to the left of 4:27.

3. Also how about adding PHI and TB next to the team logos?

4. I also would make the team logos a little smaller so the whole logo can fit into the scorebar with out part of it being cut off.

5. Make the font size just like the CBS Scorebar.

Fix these things and it would be just about perfect!!

However this updated scorebar is still a very nice improvment over the last one.

# 54 tnixen @ 05/14/12 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
They are trying to match the CBS broadcast look and feel, that's why it's blue, but this one is MUCH better than the original.

I also kind of like how the font looks on that CBS scorebar. I wish EA would use that. I like the black font on the white and the white font on black a lot better then the white font on blue in Madden.

Honesly if its possable EA should just make an exact copy of the CBS scorebar and just replace the CBS logo with EA Sports

# 55 splff3000 @ 05/14/12 05:31 PM
Am I the only one that wants to see the wind on the banner? Lol I know you don't see it on the banner on the TV, but in real life you can tell the wind speed and direction and stuff by looking at the flags and what not.

Anyway, for a second there I got happy when I saw the new banner because I saw the 32 with the arrow but then I realized it's prolly unlikely that the wind is blowing 32mph lol. Yeah for a second I was happy until I realized that was the yard marker. Lol.

# 56 tnixen @ 05/14/12 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Am I the only one that wants to see the wind on the banner? Lol I know you don't see it on the banner on the TV, but in real life you can tell the wind speed and direction and stuff by looking at the flags and what not.

Anyway, for a second there I got happy when I saw the new banner because I saw the 32 with the arrow but then I realized it's prolly unlikely that the wind is blowing 32mph lol. Yeah for a second I was happy until I realized that was the yard marker. Lol.

I don't think the wind belongs on the banner. However it would be cool if a little overlay poped up when you are gettimg ready to kick a field goal, Kick off and punt.

# 57 lilgame06 @ 05/14/12 05:41 PM
this looks so slick. by far the best scoreboard madden has ever had. I would like to see the abbreviations for the teams to be on the scoreboard somehow though. Maybe overlaying the team logo? or make room so that its beside it?

Aside from that though, this is a huge upgrade. Bravo Tiburon!

# 58 tnixen @ 05/14/12 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgame06
this looks so slick. by far the best scoreboard madden has ever had. bravo Tiburon!
And with just a few more tweaks it could look even better

# 59 bichettehappens @ 05/14/12 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000

I wouldn't want to see it on the banner but agree it should be somewhere, perhaps on either the playcall screen in a kicking situation or on the pause menu screen

# 60 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 05/14/12 05:59 PM
It looks sexy. Very nice job EA. You kept your marketing in while not making it obnoxious. Kudos to you good sires.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.