Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Just a few days ago, we mentioned the Madden NFL 13 scoreboard banner needed an adjustment.

With the help of the CD guys spreading the word and ideas from everyone here at OS, it looks like we have a winner.

Check out the new and improved Madden NFL 13 scoreboard banner.

What do you think?

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Moegames @ 05/16/12 10:24 PM
I still prefer it on the bottom.. to me it gives more viewing screen when going down field with passing or defending the pass..although the banner never gets in the way of that its still in the middle of gameplay taking up valuable viewing screen....at the bottom it just gives off the feeling of more viewing screen with the banner at the bottom....the banner is never mixed into the game play viewing screen because its "always" below all the action where how it should be, even CBS hasn't understood this....with the banner at the top..its always mixed in with the game play viewing screen..that's why i personally prefer it on the bottom..or as i suggested a while ago.. give us a toggle option to allow us to have it on bottom or top....that option will satisfy 90% of us. Even banners, scoreboards and logo placements are a game of inches when it comes to getting the most out of your viewing screen.

Now with that said..i am happy to see the improvements as of now. It looks a heck of a lot better trimmed and compacted.

# 122 PGaither84 @ 05/16/12 11:41 PM
Well, on TV the broad cast camera view, the action on the field is all over. Any runs that go to the sideline at the bottom of the screen are somewhat close, but then again the camera pans down, so it's a wash.

I completely agree it should be on the bottom and Ian put it on the bottom in Madden 10 and 11 for that reason.

# 123 PGaither84 @ 05/16/12 11:45 PM
I still prefer how fox does it:

I'll take the CBS style and what we helped put together, but I think Fox does it best. It's very compact and well done.

# 124 Eman5805 @ 05/16/12 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy227
Anything is possiable, when u give ur live to Jesus Christ.
Wait. I blanked out. Jesus Christ is making Live 2013? Wow. I didn't know He was even into games.

# 125 KBLover @ 05/17/12 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84

I'll take the CBS style and what we helped put together, but I think Fox does it best. It's very compact and well done.
That and I like the down/distance on the field itself.

Would love this view for a Broadcast cam as well.

But just seeing the creativity in this thread just makes me wish we could actually mod this game. For something as simple as the score banner - look at the creativity come up with.

Just think of how many options for banners and whatnot we'd have.

Anyway, enough dreaming of what would never happen - I like the new banner as well as the ideas come up with in this thread.

# 126 PGaither84 @ 05/17/12 02:28 AM
The ability to mod games is so nice on the PC. I am no good at it, but the work people have done for Elder Scrolls games and Fallout is incredible... on top of shooters and more.

There is something funny about how companies like Bethesda, Blizzard, and Valve openly give us TOOLS to mod their games...

# 127 Patriots#12 @ 05/17/12 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84

I do like the CBS style but I have to agree that Fox's score bar is nice and compact. However if it were to be copied I don't know where the EA logo would go.

# 128 at23steelers @ 05/17/12 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots#12
I do like the CBS style but I have to agree that Fox's score bar is nice and compact. However if it were to be copied I don't know where the EA logo would go.
If Fox doesn't need their logo, then neither does EA!

# 129 PGaither84 @ 05/17/12 08:45 AM
Notice the Fox logo is on the other corner of the screen in it's own circle. EA could do the same with their circular logo.

# 130 timmymvp6 @ 05/17/12 07:24 PM
is it still on the top or was it moved to the bottom????

# 131 jpdavis82 @ 05/17/12 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmymvp6
is it still on the top or was it moved to the bottom????
Haven't heard either way, probably still on the top, but I'm sure we'll find out at E3. I'm just glad they changed the way it looks, it's so much better now.

# 132 tnixen @ 05/18/12 11:07 AM
I really am crossing my fingers here that the Madden team is really considering using this exact scorebar for Madden 13. This really is perfect and everyone would love it!

The only thing maybe I would change is use the smaller EA Sports logo.

If the Maddeen teams thinks they can come up with a better scorebar then this I would love to see it.

# 133 FinnZzgo @ 05/25/12 03:22 PM
i liked the other one better

# 134 jpdavis82 @ 05/25/12 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnZzgo
i liked the other one better
Why? Care to explain?

# 135 MiNiDiTkA @ 05/25/12 07:09 PM
Madden 12 Wii

# 136 jpdavis82 @ 05/25/12 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiDiTkA
Madden 12 Wii

Yep that's what the old scoreboard reminded me of, so glad they improved it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.