Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

The Madden NFL 13 playbook #3 webcast has begun. Please chime in with your thoughts, as they happen.

UPDATE: If you missed the stream, it has been embedded.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 jpdavis82 @ 05/14/12 02:52 PM
Audio Webcast in two words-Surprising and Disappointing

Surprising-Pregame, 82 hours of new commentary, 9000 lines,Qb cadences, hits, crowds, player chatter, themes all sounded amazing

Disappointing-No samples of in-game commentary, my biggest area of concern with this game.

# 42 ABR173rd @ 05/14/12 02:52 PM
Will reserve judgement until I see how they actually integrated this into the game, not listening to a recording being played with a slide show. I can't believe they didn't mention if they recorded ALL player names including incoming draft classes with commentary.

Listening to players being called the wrong name or by their number was a huge issue in franchise mode. Not to mention when their introducing QB's and your starter is hurt so the backup is in and they can't mention him by name... Common EA.

# 43 greenegt @ 05/14/12 02:52 PM
Great webcast. I am really impressed with the improvements to the audio in Madden. The atmosphere in last year's game was bland and boring to me, and that's what ultimately led me to trade it in. This year looks to be a night-and-day difference. I won't miss EA Trax, but I hope they bring back the old NFL Films music as an option.

# 44 DGMia05 @ 05/14/12 02:53 PM
Would of liked to see some in-game commentary but overall good stuff :]

# 45 ch46647 @ 05/14/12 02:53 PM
I missed the crowd section. What did they sat? Did we get any examples?

# 46 SteelerSpartan @ 05/14/12 02:53 PM

I gotta have me some more loud Crowd swells in Nantz an Simms Intro

Listen to those crowds roaring in the background...for the big games, swells like that should be heard

# 47 at23steelers @ 05/14/12 02:54 PM
B+ for features

D- for depth

Have no idea about homefield advantage, weekly shows, halftime / postgame shows, how the cadences are implemented, does the crowd impact the team leading to false starts, any in-game commentary, how Trey Wingo is implemented.

# 48 SageInfinite @ 05/14/12 02:54 PM
Liked what I heard, but it seems like they talked more about how it was recorded instead of what's actually in the game. Then mine just cut off in the middle of the second theme. Was anything said after that?

# 49 ch46647 @ 05/14/12 02:54 PM
And what did they say about cadences? Does every starting QB have their own cadence? What about new QB's in franchise mode or backup QB's?

Thanks!

# 50 jpdavis82 @ 05/14/12 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I missed the crowd section. What did they sat? Did we get any examples?
We got an in game example of Aaron Rodgers doing his cadence and throwing a touchdown, sounded JUST like it does on TV, minus the commentary, crowd got louder progressively throughout the sequence.

# 51 at23steelers @ 05/14/12 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
And what did they say about cadences? Does every starting QB have their own cadence? What about new QB's in franchise mode or backup QB's?

Thanks!
They just showed Rodgers, Newton, and Brady audio cadences. Brady pointed out a MIKE LB, but Shop tweeted me that "they are not pointing out Mike LB on the other team. Just generic cadences for now."

# 52 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/14/12 03:00 PM
I thought overall the broadcast was nice. Glad to see the big improvements in audio this year. But one thing I am concern with right this moment is how well the play by play will sound during the game. Pregame announcing and better sounding crowd is fine. But if the announcing is off during the gameplay. Then another bummer for audio this year. I wish they would done some play by play audio during this webcast. I'm a little concerned right now But overall the other stuff sounded much better then past games.

# 53 at23steelers @ 05/14/12 03:01 PM
Shop: "If I remember right only 13 of the 32 QBs were recorded for live cadences. No camera shake. I did see some false starts, hard to say it was due to any HFA. Doubt it."

# 54 dougdeuce @ 05/14/12 03:02 PM
I'm thinking the reason no in game footage was show is for a combination of the two.

1)They wanted us thinking about audio, not footplanting

2)If they showed any amount of play by play they wouldn't have been able to edit out the stuff they don't want us to see just yet.

1+2 = June 4th

# 55 speedy9386 @ 05/14/12 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
I'm thinking the reason no in game footage was show is for a combination of the two.

1)They wanted us thinking about audio, not footplanting

2)If they showed any amount of play by play they wouldn't have been able to edit out the stuff they don't want us to see just yet.

1+2 = June 4th
Only on a Madden forum does 1+2=4 lol

# 56 dougdeuce @ 05/14/12 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
Only on a Madden forum does 1+2=4 lol
haha, true. I was having some advanced forum math fun

# 57 ChaseB @ 05/14/12 03:09 PM
If you really think about it, there's probably good reasons why play-by-play wasn't shown.

# 58 at23steelers @ 05/14/12 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
If you really think about it, there's probably good reasons why play-by-play wasn't shown.
Because you are cruel!! haha

# 59 dougdeuce @ 05/14/12 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I already did the math, Kyle. LOL

# 60 djordan @ 05/14/12 03:13 PM
One thing about EA that we cannot forget is that everything sounds/looks good when they show set previews. As soon as everything is combined and we actually see gameplay is where the problems begin. Hopefully Madden 13 changes this view.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.