Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

The Madden NFL 13 playbook #3 webcast has begun. Please chime in with your thoughts, as they happen.

UPDATE: If you missed the stream, it has been embedded.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 jmurphy31 @ 05/14/12 05:27 PM
I know this was already stated, but I am still disappointed there was no actual play by play. I would of like to hear what it sounded like (even without video) to see if it sounded smooth and life like.

# 82 kingsofthevalley @ 05/14/12 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Exactly what I was thinking. Also, QB Cadences were in Madden 2008. Sorry to be a debbie downer lol.
They sure were, but guess what now they're back my friend. I've been waiting awhile for this.

# 83 tanner75 @ 05/14/12 05:54 PM
They could have played some audio of play by play commentary without having to show gameplay. Hiding something or not? Hope it will be decent.

# 84 BrianFifaFan @ 05/14/12 06:23 PM
Great webcast. I can't wait to hear some in-game audio. Here's what has impressed me the most after having listened: it seems that the guys down there have no problem copying a great idea and putting their own spin on it. And bringing in proven talent from other studios, along with their tools. I'm not sure if they intended to do things this way; but it's working out splendidly.

From a presentation standpoint, I think that we can finally call the NFL2k announcers "last gen." While they were very entertaining, they weren't authentic. Heck, I'll go so far as to put this effort above NBA2k's three man booth. These guys are visible; enough said. I can't wait to see more footage of the broadcast team in action. I'm wondering how well the lip-sync turned out.

Now to the tech. I cannot express my joy at hearing that they are using Fifa tech and an ex-Fifa team member. Maybe that will translate across the entire game? Seriously, to see the Madden team tie into the resources of the most advanced EA game available makes me have great hope for the turnaround of this game. While this wasn't a "sexy" blog; I come away from it with a lot of hope for this year's title. Audio has long been a weak point in this game. To see it addressed makes me start to believe that maybe they really did rip apart whole areas of the game they haven't touched on yet.

P.S. Congrats on the facetime, Chase! Always wondered what you looked like!!!!!!

# 85 Broncos86 @ 05/14/12 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
They sure were, but guess what now they're back my friend. I've been waiting awhile for this.
To build on this, the difference is the sound sample. Same is true for stuff like on-field chatter and crowd noise. The difference this year is the quality of the sample.

# 86 statum71 @ 05/14/12 06:44 PM
Sorry, I'm at work guys. I haven't actually seen the webcats.

But I'm not reading anything about Trey Wingo inclusion. What happened?

THe only thing I saw was where someone said they the info on him and a possible weekly or halftime type thing would be included in the connected careers blog.

But that makes no sense. This is a presentation and/or audio item. Not a sinlge player item.

# 87 Broncos86 @ 05/14/12 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
Sorry, I'm at work guys. I haven't actually seen the webcats.

But I'm not reading anything about Trey Wingo inclusion. What happened?

THe only thing I saw was where someone said they the info on him and a possible weekly or halftime type thing would be included in the connected careers blog.

But that makes no sense. This is a presentation and/or audio item. Not a sinlge player item.
This wasn't a presentation webcast. This was purely about audio. Meaning: crowd noise, cadences, play by play technology, sound library, intro sounds, etc.

# 88 statum71 @ 05/14/12 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
This wasn't a presentation webcast. This was purely about audio. Meaning: crowd noise, cadences, play by play technology, sound library, intro sounds, etc.

I know. Thats my point. Presentation has come and gone. Still no info on how he's in the game.

# 89 Vaporub83 @ 05/14/12 11:20 PM
no matter what capacity Trey is in the game it would have to be in the connected careers webcast.

# 90 Danimal @ 05/14/12 11:53 PM
I was really impressed with the audio playbook today. I really didn't think I would be for audio. Frankly after last year they could of done the bare minimum and it would of been a great improvement. However they didn't do the minimum and I think that bodes well for other things.

# 91 Senator Palmer @ 05/15/12 12:18 AM
I love the idea of getting away from the playlists and creating original theme music for the game. If they're going epic this year then the scoring with the live orchestra is the only way to do it IMO. It'll give the game scope, a sense of grandeur.

As for the rest, I want to hear more game audio because I'm not blown away with the new sounds. Too many of the collisions sound like they take place in isolation, like you're listening to sounds recorded in a booth and triggered instead of a sound that takes place among the chaos. There should be more ambience. If this is going to sound like a broadcast with the booth commentary on top, then it should be mixed like what you hear on Sunday -- the noise of the crowd, the pads colliding, it should have a more subtle mix

And I hear the grunts and the quarterback cadence, but I still don't hear the pads popping in the trenches. When that ball is snapped, you should hear the offensive/defensive lines coming off the ball and colliding. Not just the grunts, but the plastic pads all colliding at once. They sound distinctive when the collisions take place in such a small space.

Just listen at the snap at the sounds the pads make as the offensive line comes off the ball, and defenders come up to fit. I haven't heard that sound yet.

Falcons offensive line:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ner-highlights

Bengals offensive line:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...son-highlights

The trench sounds aren't overpowering, but there are there, and it adds to the authenticity. You know you're in a football game. You know some serious work is being put in those trenches.

# 92 lwg1267 @ 05/15/12 03:49 PM
I still say they need to make the defence come an get you more an get off blocks. 2ND The receavers still need to go side to side while at the line of sremage. Every back, tightend, receavers should be able to go in motion befor the 30 second clock runs out like in real games.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.