Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

DLG's Casey Mosier has posted his Madden NFL 13 hands-on impressions.

Quote:
This is a huge item for many of you (myself included) so let’s hit this topic right off the bat. The Passing system IS as advertised. Pass trajectories have been added so make sure you put touch on your throws when you need to. This has ELIMINATED the so-called super line backers. HOWEVER, if you throw a bullet pass directly to a linebacker with a receiver a few yards (5 maybe) behind him, you will possibly get picked off. I just wanted to put that in there for the folks who refuse to use actual passing windows like they are supposed to (and have to in the NFL). Use common sense and the pass will get there pending your QB can make the throw.
“Throwing a receiver open” is HUGE! It is a great feeling to see a receiver well covered and being able to aim the throw to where only he can catch it. Can you say back shoulder throws?!? That’s right, it is in there. I threw maybe 10-12 touchdowns using back shoulder throws, either at the goal line or in the end zone. Beautiful! Leading a receiver or throwing to a spot works very well (once again, if your QB can make a good throw) but is very much dependent on the user. It will take you a few games for sure to get used to the intricacies of the new system.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 kmart2180 @ 05/15/12 12:14 AM
CM, did you notice if the safety's played smarter? Last years game they could never cover the inside slot post, I hope there smarter this year.

# 42 Jr. @ 05/15/12 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I'm not trying to sound standoff-ish, really. Many of you guys are trying to base my impressions off of Madden 12... STOP . It's a completely different game. You have already seen video of the new defensive stuff and new offensive stuff. You already know about the game being steered towards user control. I'm just giving you the feelings I had playing the game. If I say user catching is easier and more realistic at the same time it should mean that everyone is put on the same level when using the same players. This is NOT Madden 12, nor is it your daddy's Madden. You can feel free to look me up after E3 and/or the actual release date. As long as things don't change for the worse between now and then...my sentiments are echoed by every attendee including a member of TSS, TSO, MPOA, Shopmaster, MB, OS... It's not a conspiracy. I WILL be posting impressions on other things and more on this when I can elaborate further at a later date.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Fair enough. I'll take your word that's it's improved and no longer an unfair advantage to the user

# 43 ryan36 @ 05/15/12 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Not saying I disagree with your comment but what examples can you give that makes you feel that way?

He says he can only talk about what's already been released... no new info. Why even post it? However, I've followed this guy for awhile now and I guess I just think he's not that bright. Personally, I just don't like him , his style or what he stands for.

# 44 ryan36 @ 05/15/12 12:28 AM
Quote:
Freaking Nazi Mod! Lol
And if you ever want to compare IQ's let me know... I bet I can break 22.

If you break 22, you have 4. 2 and 2 is four.
Spoiler

# 45 RedZoneD25 @ 05/15/12 01:54 AM
Quote:
Thanks I was trying not to hype, plus add in some negatives. I got trolled beyond belief for not adding negatives last year. BTW next time Dave is on a call doing Stick Skills radio five feet away from me I'm gonna crash the show. He was literally doing the show walking circles around the parking lot of the hotel cuz he was all excited. Ah... Kids... I miss being young
Would have been nice to have someone who knew what the heck they were talking about, that's for sure.

# 46 AussieChiefsFan @ 05/15/12 03:10 AM
Good improvements in the commentary change, the no-look-pick being fixed, and the more realistic passing trajectories and removal of super-LBs. Looking forward to E3 for more info!!

# 47 kmart2180 @ 05/15/12 03:17 AM
Quote:
Inside slot posts and seam routes were covered much better. I was able to hit them by flooding coverage and forcing the safety to pick who he wanted to cover (should always be the deepest man). So therefore a seam route from the inside slot with a post coming underneath in great vs that Robber setup or Man 2 over. the best thing about that is the defensive alignment doesn't give it away so now you actually have to use split second reads.
Have you seen any instances where safety's left there zones to jump routes? I wanna feel the likes of Ed Reed when playing the ravens. Or like I mentioned above, if you got a fly route on the outside with a inside slot post. I would love for the opposite side safety to jump that inside slot post once in a while. Atleast the good ones anyways if they dont have a deep threat in there zone.

# 48 RynoAid @ 05/15/12 07:58 AM
so now we are getting personally attacked by moderators when we post feedback?

# 49 RynoAid @ 05/15/12 08:38 AM
Quote:
Ryan is just playing, he was hitting me up on twitter when he posted that. He is a good dude for being a self proclaimed "Nazi Mod"

lol, ok.. did not know that at all. It appeared odd for sure. I'm really glad it was a joke.

# 50 shaunlmason @ 05/15/12 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
He says he can only talk about what's already been released... no new info. Why even post it? However, I've followed this guy for awhile now and I guess I just think he's not that bright. Personally, I just don't like him , his style or what he stands for.

# 51 ryan36 @ 05/15/12 10:26 AM
Lol, guys I was just flippin' Casey some crap because I saw he was online and actively posting at the times. He responded in like 5 minutes... I wouldn't have even said anything like that if I didn't know he'd see it.

@ryan36_os @Casey_DLG TROLOLOLOLOL ...how many people do you think will think I'm serious?

Casey Mosier@Casey_DLG
@ryan36_os lmao I'm gonna have to have @RedZoneD25 smack you.

Carry on... and let's get back to discussing the impressions please.

# 52 JerzeyReign @ 05/15/12 10:32 AM
They were all over you like spider monkeys!

# 53 K_GUN @ 05/15/12 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
lol, ok.. did not know that at all. It appeared odd for sure. I'm really glad it was a joke.

for any of the CD guys...I hate to do this.....so I'll proceed with caution.....

..does the passing game *feel* like that other title that has the letter K in it?

thanks for the write-ups!

Edit:....oh...and......have any of u guys noticed or talked to the Dev's about programming AI for *busted coverages*....I see them in head-to-head but never against AI.....

.....to me....on Sunday's, these busted coverages usually lead to some huge plays...would like to see that from the AI a little more

# 54 ryan36 @ 05/15/12 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
They were all over you like spider monkeys!
This is why I can't have nice things.... and do NOT post any pictures of spiders. (Spiders are a big deal in the Off Topic thread)

Spoiler

# 55 TDKing @ 05/15/12 10:47 AM
Can you guys talk about this new motion blurr stuff ? Is it over done ? Its just not sitting well with me. Maybe because I have a $3000.00 TV and tried to find the clearest crispest picture I could... I don't know.

# 56 shaunlmason @ 05/15/12 10:48 AM
Quote:
Lol, guys I was just flippin' Casey some crap because I saw he was online and actively posting at the times. He responded in like 5 minutes... I wouldn't have even said anything like that if I didn't know he'd see it.

@ryan36_os @Casey_DLG TROLOLOLOLOL ...how many people do you think will think I'm serious?

Casey Mosier@Casey_DLG
@ryan36_os lmao I'm gonna have to have @RedZoneD25 smack you.

Carry on... and let's get back to discussing the impressions please.
Last off topic post in this thread, promise.

I knew you were kidding, but I knew RynoAid didn't, you guys just beat me when I was trying to find a RU SERIOUS? meme image.

Quote:
This is why I can't have nice things.... and do NOT post any pictures of spiders. (Spiders are a big deal in the Off Topic thread)

Spoiler
Amen brother, you are preaching to the choir. The personal level you used to be able to have on OS was what made it special for a long time.

# 57 SteelerSpartan @ 05/15/12 10:51 AM
How much ground can the average safety cover???....Will people have to think twice about bringing them down in the box now???

# 58 ch46647 @ 05/15/12 10:55 AM
Quote:
From my perspective no. I think both "that other game" and previous Madden editions felt arcadish with some of the passing. Right now I'm on the fence with this being the most realistic passing experience in a football title ever. But a lot of that will depend on final tuning and what not.

Off topic a bit, we had a discussion on whether or not this is the best Madden ever. I'm going to go on record now saying yes it is hands down (for me anyways). Each game that comes out in any series has disappointments in some area and I will without a doubt find some with Madden 13 as some of you will for sure. Once again depending on tuning or any other unforeseen issues, you should be able to put this edition as a top 5 (at least) sports game ever. For the record I had Madden 12 at around 10

Pretty big statement here (top 5 sports game EVER) but I am happy you feel that way. I am hoping that this does end up being the case. I have to admit that that gameplay/audio video really was dissapointing. I am going to hold my judgment until June 4th as I am expecting huge things for both gameplay and Franchise mode.

If we do get RTP's like many are speculating and it works well. The two things people will complain about this year (and rightfully so) is going to be OL/DL play and locomotion/footplanting. I am not sure we can consider this a top 5 sports game ever with these two glaring issues still around. But atleast EA is knocking things out more and more and hopefully next year those can be the next two big things this series can overcome.

Personally, I can overlook those things if the passing game works as well as you say. And we get RTP's for tackling so that weight, momentum, velocity and angle all play into EACH tackle. And the tackles look very organic without constantly seeing the same 15 tackling animations play out over and over again.

We will see June 4th.....

# 59 RynoAid @ 05/15/12 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN

Edit:....oh...and......have any of u guys noticed or talked to the Dev's about programming AI for *busted coverages*....I see them in head-to-head but never against AI.....
i definitely saw busted coverage while i was there... I wanted to reach through the screen and strangle DaShon Goldson several times last week..

# 60 dubbville @ 05/15/12 11:02 AM
"Beautiful! Leading a receiver or throwing to a spot works very well (once again, if your QB can make a good throw) but is very much dependent on the user. It will take you a few games for sure to get used to the intricacies of the new system."
+1

Can you say Tony Romo, Dez Bryant.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.