Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 illwill10 @ 05/17/12 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHusker13
Totally agree. In real life, the commentators don't just stop commentating between plays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Commentary blows. Sounds exactly the same as it has the last 3 years, minus Rece Davis. As illwill said, too much dead air. You hear one short phrase, then silence, then another short phrase, then silence.
I thought at least there will be more free-flowing commentary. Especially since the crowd volume is low.
I dont want to have imagine what the commentators will say.
If this is how it will be, than I guess I will be listening to music while I play

# 22 BA2929 @ 05/17/12 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Commentary blows. Sounds exactly the same as it has the last 3 years, minus Rece Davis. As illwill said, too much dead air. You hear one short phrase, then silence, then another short phrase, then silence.
Sounds like it does on the Demo to me. Maybe they just don't have the commentary finalized. Still 2 months to go.

# 23 Mr_Riddick @ 05/17/12 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by txhardhitta405
improvement? What improvement?? The more i see the less i want to play 12.5
Yeah man i couldnt even finish the video..

# 24 DorianDonP @ 05/17/12 06:35 PM
I just don't see why EA can't just record conversations of the commentators and have those 'conversations' occur in the play calling screen. When a big play is in progress, then have them stop talking and comment on the play. And then resume the convo during the next play calling screen.

NBA 2k does this.

They will be like.

"The Lakers have had a tough month. They are finishing a..."

"Oh MY. Look at that dunk."

"As I was saying about the Lakers play this month."

Or something like that.

I can see if it was late in the 3rd quarter on 10 minute quarters and the commentators don't have anymore lines of dialog.

But this is opening possession. EA should have SOME lines of dialog that can be used. Talk about the rivalry. The Pac 12 standings. Historical facts. Anything.

# 25 Sparkles @ 05/17/12 06:37 PM
not bad. but not good. ill wait until E3 comes and see if it's REALLY improved or not.

# 26 redsfan4life @ 05/17/12 06:38 PM
I think this is the year where EA gets hit in the wallet when it comes to NCAA Football.

# 27 TheBrothers24 @ 05/17/12 06:39 PM
Man they need a new sound engine badly.

Hopefully NCAA gets the fifa sound engine next year that madden got this year.

# 28 BA2929 @ 05/17/12 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I just don't see why EA can't just record conversations of the commentators and have those 'conversations' occur in the play calling screen. When a big play is in progress, then have them stop talking and comment on the play. And then resume the convo during the next play calling screen.

NBA 2k does this.

They will be like.

"The Lakers have had a tough month. They are finishing a..."

"Oh MY. Look at that dunk."

"As I was saying about the Lakers play this month."

Or something like that.

I can see if it was late in the 3rd quarter on 10 minute quarters and the commentators don't have anymore lines of dialog.

But this is opening possession. EA should have SOME lines of dialog that can be used. Talk about the rivalry. The Pac 12 standings. Historical facts. Anything.
I've been wondering why they don't just mic up the guys during an ACTUAL GAME. Then they'd get some team specific commentary and random conversations about stuff that they could slide in.

# 29 BA2929 @ 05/17/12 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
lets be honest, the commentary is piss poor and there is no excuse for it. You have the ESPN license. That means you have the chance to try and get any of the ESPN commentators in there to add variety and different teams/ abc/espn2/espnu/espn3 presentation so each game didn't feel the same but they don't do it.

Games like MLB the Show and NBA 2k have taken commentary to a new level. NBA 2k can even get repetitive since some of the player or team specific storylines get re used often but they still sound like a broadcast and not just a bunch of one liners being pieced together. Those games actually sound like a broadcast team sitting there doing commentary on the game you are playing.

NCAA's commentary is an embarassment. Their tv style presentation is non existent. Their game is beyond stale. And their answer is Heisman mode. They just don't get it.
Commentary is my one major complaint with the NCAA series. It's easily my favorite game of the year, but hearing Brad and Kirk say the same stuff year after year after year really wears on you. Especially if you play every single game of a 8-10 year dynasty like I do. I was ecstatic when they got rid of Corso. I was tired of hearing him declare how much he liked short passes.

# 30 PVarck31 @ 05/17/12 06:46 PM
I won't lie. At first glimpse it looks a lot like 12. I think it looked good though. Maybe its just me, but it seems like the movement is a little smoother. I am mostly interested in the AI at this point. It was hard to tell much about that from the clip.

I was happy to see that the Dline no longer crouches up to the line. That was so ugly.

I did notice something strange with the DB on the TD pass like others have said. It looked like he turned away from the ball. I really hope this is not something we see in the final game. Things like that just kill the immersion.

# 31 LionsFanNJ @ 05/17/12 06:50 PM
Looks exactly like 12. Ok I suppose. Pass rush is still stupid. No point in recruiting DEs again this year. I'm annoyed by the pass rush. Everything else is good but that just kills me.

# 32 redsfan4life @ 05/17/12 06:51 PM
Hopefully they bring it on the next generation of consoles, I mean it took them until NCAA 11 for me to put my PS2 games away...I really hope they ditch that exclusive license it'd be nice to see some alternatives.

# 33 redsfan4life @ 05/17/12 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Looks exactly like 12. Ok I suppose. Pass rush is still stupid. No point in recruiting DEs again this year. I'm annoyed by the pass rush. Everything else is good but that just kills me.
DE's are completely useless. You're much better off putting DT's there. That is BROKEN. How they didn't fix this I have no idea.

# 34 illwill10 @ 05/17/12 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Pass Rush does irk me. I rather just let the DLine get after the QB rather than blitzing LBs. But like last year, if you want pass rush you will have to blitz fast LBs inside.
I definitely wont put DEs as a priority in recruiting. I cant run a 4-3 base becuase of it.

# 35 sk @ 05/17/12 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Pass Rush does irk me. I rather just let the DLine get after the QB rather than blitzing LBs. But like last year, if you want pass rush you will have to blitz fast LBs inside.
I definitely wont put DEs as a priority in recruiting. I cant run a 4-3 base becuase of it.
I don't get it.

People say OTs are overpowering and I guess that's kind of true because once you make contact with the DE you most likely play patty cake, however once I made a DE named Justin Smith 95 overall and he finished the season with 22 sacks, I didn't play with him once.

# 36 SuperNoVa27 @ 05/17/12 07:01 PM
It looks like NCAA 12

btw EA that is what jersey names look like.

I hope they do something big with the demo that they are holding out gameplay wise.....

# 37 redsfan4life @ 05/17/12 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxsong
I don't get it.

People say OTs are overpowering and I guess that's kind of true because once you make contact with the DE you most likely play patty cake, however once I made a DE named Justin Smith 95 overall and he finished the season with 22 sacks, I didn't play with him once.
He was probably a bull rusher wasn't he? Bull rushers work fine, but speed rushers are completely useless. Have to move them to LB for them to have any impact.

# 38 BA2929 @ 05/17/12 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
DE's are completely useless. You're much better off putting DT's there. That is BROKEN. How they didn't fix this I have no idea.
I always played with my DT in '12 and my CPU DEs still got 10+ sacks every year. Maybe it's only broken for those who play with DEs, as I had some trouble getting to the QB when I used one. It's definitely not the same as it was in past years, when you could rack up 50 sacks with a DE in a season on All American if you jumped the snap each time. But, I'm not seeing the "broken" aspect of it. Ideal or 100% perfect? Definitely not, but I don't see it as "broken".

# 39 LionsFanNJ @ 05/17/12 07:03 PM
Its actually to the point I want to use the nanos from years past to free up DEs. I shouldn't have to do that for a pass rush. If I have a good front 4 they should be wrecking havoc on the OL. Sigh. At leat the passing is better...until I remember that the DTs will instantly shed blocks again this year thus giving you no chance to see them in action. It is what it is though it won't stop me from playing it. Maybe sliders will be effective in helping.

# 40 DorianDonP @ 05/17/12 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I always played with my DT in '12 and my CPU DEs still got 10+ sacks every year. Maybe it's only broken for those who play with DEs, as I had some trouble getting to the QB when I used one. It's definitely not the same as it was in past years, when you could rack up 50 sacks with a DE in a season on All American if you jumped the snap each time. But, I'm not seeing the "broken" aspect of it. Ideal or 100% perfect? Definitely not, but I don't see it as "broken".
Lats year, my DT had something like 14 sacks in 6 games.

I hated it. I had to keep messing around with the pass rush and pass block sliders, and when I finally made it to where the DT wasn't getting 3-4 sacks a game, then it was nearly impossible for the DE's to get to the QB.

I honestly started putting my DE's at DT just so their stats could look realistic. I had Brandon Jenkins and Bjerne Werner playing DT on formation sub passing downs so I could rush the passer with them lol.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.