Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 401 DaveDQ @ 05/24/12 10:03 AM
I'm laughing at how this thread turned to an NCAA 06 impressions thread.

# 402 gator3guy @ 05/24/12 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Your post is the reason why I'm kinda upset with EA after NCAA 12.....

I said it before I just don't understand how they haven't been able to recapture the atmosphere of NCAA 06 and also why can't the CPU run a option attack like they did in NCAA 06.

You said the OL really plays smart in NCAA 06 right out of the box......in every NCAA game this gen I have had to go in and mannually edit ratings for all Offensive Linemen just to get them to operate smarter on the field.

We shouldn't have to do that stuff.....EA needs to spend quality time working on the game from a gameplay perspective. I also recall in NCAA 06IMPACT PLAYERS actually being a key player for each team and the CPU would utilize that IMPACT PLAYER to make big plays.

I'm not asking for the gameplay to be perfect right out of the box. But it should be better right out of the box than a game from 6 years ago. I can point out several things that NBA 2K or MLB The Show does wrong right out of the box. But I don't because those games have the basics down right and then it only requires small slider tweaks to get my own cusomized gameplay.

I don't have to mess around with ratings and stuff and I don't have to worry about Star Players performing or showing tendencies of their playing styles.

With NCAA Football it's starting to be the same routine each and every year. I'm hoping NCAA 13 is a step up from last year because i've never been so dissapointed in the series as i was with NCAA 12.
And back then they only had very basic ratings. I wonder if all the ratings we have now messes with the AI.

# 403 Scrapps @ 05/24/12 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Unfortunately, it happens to be the superior game. EA should be embarrassed. Yet they're not. They just continue to pump and hype their pathetic product, while ignoring the same issues that the community has complained about for years. The gameday atmosphere has all the bells and whistles of a will reading.

# 404 Armor and Sword @ 05/24/12 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapps
Unfortunately, it happens to be the superior game. EA should be embarrassed. Yet they're not. They just continue to pump and hype their pathetic product, while ignoring the same issues that the community has complained about for years. The gameday atmosphere has all the bells and whistles of a will reading.
This made me laugh...good stuff.

That is one thing that truly sticks out like a sore thumb......the atmosphere in 2006/07 was insane. Home field really meant home field.

Man....rethinking my pre-order after tasting NCAA last gen last night (first time I fired up NCAA 2007 in 4 years)....why do I do this to myself. LOL.

# 405 noplace @ 05/24/12 01:47 PM
EA just needs to stop showing vids if there isnt going to be a huge improvment to gameplay. This might have sealed my decision to skip NCAA and look towards Madden. I havent bought Madden since 04' but this might be the year to go back. That vid was just stale.

# 406 weeeeeeez @ 05/24/12 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I just got done playing option attack with Vince Young for an hour. Addicting.

# 407 mshoop3 @ 05/26/12 02:22 AM
Go to 1:10 they need to add this play into ncaa football 13.

http://youtu.be/GjEQ-9vacLM

# 408 steelersfan7 @ 05/26/12 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshoop3

That was a pretty good video. Wish some of that was in ncaa 13. Some of those plays were like WOW!!!

# 409 authentic @ 05/26/12 10:10 AM
Still not buying into this game. The last play, the touchdown pass showed very poor DB movement. Probably still a no buy for me.

# 410 MrOctober430 @ 05/26/12 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshoop3

Man, I love the way the running back bounces off the defenders.

# 411 TheBadOwl @ 05/26/12 01:51 PM
I honestly forgot how great ncaa 06 was. I miss that.

# 412 nikka @ 05/26/12 08:03 PM
Nothing has topped NCAA 06 yet... Running and NOT sliding like we do now a days. clean break tackles.

# 413 illwill10 @ 05/28/12 01:01 AM
Which version was better 06 or 07?

Someone let me have their PS2 and I plan on buying a few games.

# 414 TheShizNo1 @ 05/28/12 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Which version was better 06 or 07?

Someone let me have their PS2 and I plan on buying a few games.
I think 07 is a polished 06.

# 415 rudyjuly2 @ 05/28/12 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I think 07 is a polished 06.
I agree in many ways but the momentum meter really hurt 07. I had so many more close games in 06 that it was more fun. In 07 most games ended up being one-sided due to the momentum meter causing things to snowball and that really hurt the fun factor imo.

# 416 LivingLegend @ 05/28/12 05:59 AM
I want to know when HB screen/flat passing is going to be fixed. It's ridiculous that the HB skates 10 yards down field before starting their actual route. It's been like this for 3 years now, and the problem is even worse on Madden.

# 417 kingsofthevalley @ 05/28/12 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I think both QBA and WR Catch sliders had to be reduced down in order to get reasonable results.

One thing i've always regret doing was trading in NCAA 06.....I didn't think i would ever need to play it again after the new systems came out.

That is the main reason why i try to keep all my older games now because you never know with these sports company how a game will turn out from one year to next.

So stupid of me because every now and then i fire up the old PS2 system and play MVP Baseball, NBA Live 06 and Metal Gear Solid....yet for some reason i traded in NCAA 06 like a dummy.
Guys, if you're going to go back, go back big lol. Why stop at last gen NCAA 06. Get the updated games. Go with NCAA/Madden 11 for PS2. That way, you're getting the same grind time weighted game play but with all upgrades that were implemented as the years passed by. I say 11 because I think thats the last year that both game were made (for the folks who use the draft classes).

I played the last generation versions for the last few months actually and I can definitely assure you it aint rose tinted glasses. Flaws and all the older versions of both NCAA/Madden destroy this generation. I didn't last for more than a few months before I went back and purchased used copies of the 360 versions of both because I just couldn't stomach the graphics of the old ones anymore.

# 418 MrOctober430 @ 06/03/12 06:26 PM
So NCAA 06 does work on the original Xbox 360??

# 419 TheShizNo1 @ 06/03/12 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
So NCAA 06 does work on the original Xbox 360??
Yes man....

# 420 MrOctober430 @ 06/03/12 07:09 PM
Thanks, now gotta find a copy.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.