Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

During the Madden NFL 13 audio podcast earlier today with Audio Producer, Matt Bialosuknia, he confirmed 12 of the 14 authentic quarterback cadences.

Here is the list.
  • Aaron Rodgers
  • Ben Roethlisberger
  • Cam Newton
  • Drew Brees
  • Matt Ryan
  • Mike Vick
  • Philip Rivers
  • Tim Tebow
  • Tom Brady
  • Tony Romo
  • Eli Manning
  • Peyton Manning
Two more haven't been named, but it shouldn't be long before we find out who they are.

Based off of the feedback from OSers (via Twitter and the OS Forums), most would like to hear Matthew Stafford and Jay Cutler make the cut.

The cadences were pulled from NFL Films and because of the audio quality, not all quarterback cadences are represented. They do hope to have all 32 starting quarterback cadences in Madden NFL 14.

UPDATE: EA Sports just confirmed there will be a total of 12 authentic QB cadences in Madden NFL 13.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 SageInfinite @ 05/18/12 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
These should sound pretty sweet in the game, but I really want a Tennessee quarterback in Madden 13. They are one of the only teams around that uses "GO" instead of "HUT" as their trigger.

Jay Cutler - .48 sec...

Matt Stafford .12 sec...
I think I heard Brady using "go" one game too if I'm not mistaken. Variety would definitely be a good thing.

# 42 ryan36 @ 05/19/12 12:30 AM
Did they say the crowd audio was a 4 - track recording prior to this year??? I could've done better with audacity lol. At least we got our guy in there this year.

# 43 AussieChiefsFan @ 05/19/12 01:54 AM
Well I guess there won't be a unique Matt Cassel cadence lol

# 44 StL_RamZ @ 05/19/12 02:03 AM
Please Sam Bradford lol

He has some pretty clean and clear tape only because the Edward jones dome is always empty lol

Damn talking crap about my own team smh

# 45 DeuceDouglas @ 05/19/12 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
Please Sam Bradford lol

He has some pretty clean and clear tape only because the Edward jones dome is always empty lol

Damn talking crap about my own team smh
I'm sure they got plenty of tackle grunts and shoulder pad smashes from his mic if that makes you feel any better.

# 46 PRO318 @ 05/19/12 07:31 AM
why not go back get some more cadences from madden 08 add to the game after 3rd week of preseason add more cadences like mike vick stafford cassell tebow matt flynn rivers sachez RG3 and luck

# 47 DeuceDouglas @ 05/19/12 09:14 AM
I'm calling it now. Ryan Fitzpatrick is one of the other QB's and this is his cadence.

Ryan Fitzpatrick: The Man of Men

# 48 PGaither84 @ 05/19/12 10:13 AM
I have a hard time believing that they couldn't get Alex Smith. There are clear cuts of him I can find from broadcast, let alone NFL films.

# 49 spankdatazz22 @ 05/19/12 10:34 AM
I don't see why the expectation isn't they capture more, even if they aren't projected to be starters. I've seen people flip out in other forums when a non-starter's precise swing isn't right in a baseball game, or the 10th man's free throw routine isn't exact in basketball game. Even if the guy is a free agent in other games it's expected they won't all be assigned generic abilities or signature routines. It's not like NFL Films only has a cursory presence at non-superstar QB games. It's this selective star/flash approach that's gotten them complaints in the past, where people just accept that they aren't going to take a comprehensive approach to anything during any given year. I understand something's better than nothing, but don't see how there's always this view expectations have to be lowered when it comes to this game.

EDIT: I haven't read through the thread so maybe I'm just spouting off... but how the hell do they get Tim Tebow and not get Mark Sanchez? Or maybe he's one of the two "surprise" QBs lol. Unbelieveable.

# 50 jbd345 @ 05/19/12 03:29 PM
So....when I'm playing as Ryan fitzpatrick I'll hear Drew Brees? They went to nfl films archives, Why not put in all the starting qbs in the league? They already have 14....

# 51 Senator Palmer @ 05/19/12 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
So....when I'm playing as Ryan fitzpatrick I'll hear Drew Brees? They went to nfl films archives, Why not put in all the starting qbs in the league? They already have 14....
I was wondering why not all 32 until I listened to the podcast. They said that some of the cadences from NFL Films weren't clear, some had too much crowd noise mixed in, or the wrong context, etc. And they can't actually use a quarterback calling an actual play/audible because it's proprietary.

And I'm just guessing, but I don't think you'll hear another QB like Bress for Fitz in the game. I'm thinking they'll go generic in the cases of the ones they didn't get.

# 52 Senator Palmer @ 05/19/12 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I think I heard Brady using "go" one game too if I'm not mistaken. Variety would definitely be a good thing.
I think you're right. I'm trying to picture the scenario -- maybe it's when they're in no-huddle -- but I do remember Brady going with the quick "Set, GO!" from time to time.

# 53 blklightning @ 05/19/12 04:35 PM
haha, romo made the list. awesome.

# 54 Reed1417 @ 05/19/12 07:05 PM
it might be Stafford and Cutler like everyone else is guessing or hoping for. Shame i wont get to hear my man Flacco but oh well there's next year hopefully.

# 55 PGaither84 @ 05/19/12 08:51 PM
Quote:
I was wondering why not all 32 until I listened to the podcast. They said that some of the cadences from NFL Films weren't clear, some had too much crowd noise mixed in, or the wrong context, etc. And they can't actually use a quarterback calling an actual play/audible because it's proprietary.

And I'm just guessing, but I don't think you'll hear another QB like Bress for Fitz in the game. I'm thinking they'll go generic in the cases of the ones they didn't get.
They can't use play calling, which most often is in the huddle. In Madden 08 and 09 they had audibles, but that might be why they were later taken out. Still, the bit about crowd noise or a QB yelling too loud and distorting the sound only goes so far in my opinion. As I said, I can hear other QBs of broad cast that sound good enough for the game... I would assume NFL films has tape as good or better.

I think some of it also comes down to time, but they don't want to say that. I think that while we will have 14 this year, we might get another 10+ next year. Having been on both sides of Madden 11 [inside and what they say publicly] EA doesn't lie to us... but they do bend the truth. Sure, maybe one or two QBs fit the given reason, but they make it sound like this is all they could get. It's kind of like when a a car dealership offers a special deal, and in the fine print it says "One at this cost."

Again, they aren't lying... but I don't think they are telling us the whole truth. With the limited time and resources they have, thy wanted to make sure they at least got the super stars/names [Tebow is a big name] in the game before they work on the rest.

# 56 PGaither84 @ 05/19/12 08:53 PM
Quote:
I think you're right. I'm trying to picture the scenario -- maybe it's when they're in no-huddle -- but I do remember Brady going with the quick "Set, GO!" from time to time.
The pats often go on "SET" and once in a great whiel they use that to pull the defense offsides or even get the linebackers to jump and show blitz or coverage as a reaction.

There are few times I have heard Brady say "SET" as if he was going to snap while a TE went in motion then he called out a protection or hot route and snapped it quickly after catching the D with their pants down.

# 57 Moegames @ 05/19/12 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I have a hard time believing that they couldn't get Alex Smith. There are clear cuts of him I can find from broadcast, let alone NFL films.
DLC?, Time Restraints?, Madden 14? ..its one of the three..for sure.

# 58 pokerplaya @ 05/20/12 01:39 AM
Stafford had better make it. As another poster said, he had arguably the best Miked Up of any QB ever, so they have the tape -- plus he threw for 5k yards and led his team to the playoffs. His cadence is pretty damned cool, too. It's not a decision that would make me not purchase the game, but I would be unhappy.

# 59 raidertiger @ 05/20/12 06:30 AM
Don't see why there isn't more. For example, Palmer and Leinart had theirs in before, so just use that. This should go for everyone.

# 60 StarnugskiN @ 05/20/12 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
My guess is they are using the players that people will use the most and have the most popularity. However, since it's NFL Films I highly doubt any rookies are in it.
THIS^

As a Browns fan, I wasn't at all surprised Mr. McCoy didn't make the list along with HALF the other teams in the NFL who don't have a popular, winning quarterback.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.