Home
NHL 13 News Post

Game Informer's Matt Bertz checks in with his NHL 13 hands-on preview. Lots of good nuggets in this one, as he hits on 22 things you need to know about the game.

Just a few quotes below...

Quote:
  • This year speedy wingers like Marian Gaborik have the ability to fly by defenders.
  • Going fast has its limitations. Players will get fatigued faster, and only elite players like Sidney Crosby are able to stickhandle and take accurate shots while skating at top speed.
  • To build the new skating system, EA Canada has added over 1,000 new animations.
  • For the first time in the series, goalies now have individual limb control.
  • "This year we've invested more effort in AI than in the last three years combined in terms of effort," Ramjagsingh says.
  • Much to the dismay of some fans, both Gary Thorne and Bill Clement return to the broadcasting booth.

Source - 22 Things We Know About NHL 13 (Game Informer)

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 canucksss @ 06/06/12 12:37 AM
actually in spite of my criticism with NHL 12 i played 3 seasons playing 90% of the games. but on the 3rd season, before each games you see their ranks...it's absolute GARBAGE because by the 3rd season most of the teams are 90+ both in offense and defense. how can all teams improve that much??? i mean 2 or 3 teams are 100% either in Defense or in Offense.

# 62 savoie2006 @ 06/06/12 12:33 PM
Guys, there's a Hockey IQ video from E3 over on the EA Sports forums. Not a a whole lot of gameplay, but what I saw from the goalies and the team AI was very promising.

# 63 Yeats @ 06/06/12 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
I don't think he's trolling. His posts just make no sense.
Dude is =o cleverer than you're o_o giving him credit for. It's called =0 stealth nonsense.

# 64 mkharsh33 @ 06/07/12 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
actually in spite of my criticism with NHL 12 i played 3 seasons playing 90% of the games. but on the 3rd season, before each games you see their ranks...it's absolute GARBAGE because by the 3rd season most of the teams are 90+ both in offense and defense. how can all teams improve that much??? i mean 2 or 3 teams are 100% either in Defense or in Offense.
and what guarantee do we have that this will change in 13? None... EA needs to just come clean and admit they OVER-rate too many players. Takes the fun right out of BAGM offline play.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.