Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

*UPDATE - The audio in this clip is generic football SFX used for video only not in game audio.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 BTownSlinger @ 05/22/12 01:28 AM
Jumping from '08 to '12 there is a big TD celebration difference. I miss seeing the players dance, or dunk the football over the goal post.

# 42 PGaither84 @ 05/22/12 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
They could post a video of real NFL gameplay and say it's Madden 14 and people would still complain about it.
Not really.

But go ahead and continue being satisfied with sub standard game play.

Asking for what has already been done by other games, including past versions of madden isn't asking for too much.

# 43 spankdatazz22 @ 05/22/12 02:10 AM
Quote:
Maybe this is why we don't get nice things guys. They give us a video of a guy doing some touchdown celebration and people proceed to absolutely beat it to death like it is the most god awful, atrocious thing people have ever laid their eyes on.
Most if not all of the celebrations they've hyped are somewhat robotically animated so if they showcase them they should expect scrutiny. With Madden some people seem to have battered wife syndrome; being overly appreciative of any little positive thing they're given. A wife shouldn't have to fall down on her hands and knees in praise of her husband taking out the garbage or coming home on time. I could see if Tiburon were doing an exceptional job at rendering the celebrations, but doesn't seem there's anything here that would qualify as exceptional and worthy of hype. It's the showcasing/hyping of things that should be routine that's kinda iffy for me. If this were something that people discovered in-game on their own it likely wouldn't receive the scrutiny it is now.

# 44 JerzeyReign @ 05/22/12 05:52 AM
I think this is the reason people aren't excited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjNea4eBjrY

We've been here before... in fact, that dance does kind of look like they did it in '09 -- wasn't OchoCinco on that dance already?

# 45 msdm27 @ 05/22/12 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Not really.

Asking for what has already been done by other games, including past versions of madden isn't asking for too much.
Here we go again... People just can't stick to the thread topic smh! I really don't understand what's the point of talking about gameplay in a thread EXCLUSIVELY created to show a salsa dancinc clip which included 0 gameplay.

I bet some people here think the gameplay developers worked on this salsa animation for 2 weeks and this is why no OL/DL interactions were fixed.

# 46 ABR173rd @ 05/22/12 06:27 AM
I hope in the final build guys actually run or jog back to the sidelines. Cruz does his dance and then just stops and starts slowly walking away. There should be a sense of urgency to get the celebration in and get back to the sidelines like in real life.

# 47 berad88 @ 05/22/12 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Not really.

A touchdown celebration has nothing at all to do with game play.

# 48 cjallure24 @ 05/22/12 08:15 AM
What if victor Cruz changes his touchdown celebration this year?

# 49 berad88 @ 05/22/12 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
Then you might see it in Madden 14. You know this.

# 50 Tyrant8RDFL @ 05/22/12 08:35 AM
Quote:
I think we were watching different videos because what I watched was an eleven second video of a virtual Victor Cruz salsa dancing. There wasn't anything great to take away from the video?! Of course there wasn't!! It's an eleven second video of Victor Cruz salsa dancing!

Maybe this is why we don't get nice things guys. They give us a video of a guy doing some touchdown celebration and people proceed to absolutely beat it to death like it is the most god awful, atrocious thing people have ever laid their eyes on.

Are we really looking at this video and bringing up comparisons to Tecmo Super Bowl? Come on, now. It's an eleven second video of salsa dancing for crying out loud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
No, its actually people being happy that EA is trying to make the game more authentic and give it personality.....Oh wait.

Everyone here has the right to express if they like it or not.

I personally love the fact that they are adding TD celebrations, but things are not accurate, and it is missing the whole joy of the celebration.

EA wants to provide a authentic experience , so they need to hear the truth, not lies.

I would say that some can be less harsh when expressing what is wrong. It is better to come across respectful when expressing your opinion. You don't have to be mean or loud to be heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
Very much doubt it. He does the dance in dedication of his father's death.

# 51 BezO @ 05/22/12 08:41 AM
Quote:
They could post a video of real NFL gameplay and say it's Madden 14 and people would still complain about it.
Take this asinine crap somewhere else. Please.

# 52 Pezell04x @ 05/22/12 10:51 AM
Only at OS can an 11 second video be dissected like its a dead frog in a high school class.

The point of the video is to show you the dance, not how the players behind them move. It's probably an early build of the game (as the dev stated earlier in this thread) so there's still a chance whatever is wrong ets fixed.

# 53 djordan @ 05/22/12 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Only at OS can an 11 second video be dissected like its a dead frog in a high school class.

The point of the video is to show you the dance, not how the players behind them move. It's probably an early build of the game (as the dev stated earlier in this thread) so there's still a chance whatever is wrong ets fixed.

# 54 dubbville @ 05/22/12 11:03 AM
First off real cool. I bet giant fans are siked. Second thing I think it would be cool if you had guys like Dez Bryant who in real life does the salsa dance after he scores against the giants.

# 55 Reed1417 @ 05/22/12 11:12 AM
more celebrations is alright with me. plus i love that dance and i'm a Ravens fan so i cant stand the NY teams haha.

# 56 DeuceDouglas @ 05/22/12 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
This is my thought on this thread. It's an eleven second clip of a guy salsa dancing and we've seen comparisons of gameplay between Tecmo Super Bowl and Madden. The conclusion of being satisfied with subpar gameplay based on being satisfied with an eleven second clip of salsa dancing.

I mean, seriously. If this is what happens when they give us a video this short of a guy dancing, I don't even know if I want to see what happens June 4th.

# 57 kjcheezhead @ 05/22/12 12:33 PM
Bottom line is the celebrations don't look much different than that 09 video shows except it's the salsa instead of Ochocinco's the river dance. Many of us are just offering our opinions on what we see and that's my opinion.

Since the devs visit this forum and read these responses, I like to tell them what I think of it honestly. What would really be cool is if you could map this celebration to the controller (like you could with another game with a 2 and a 5 in the title). Then I could replay the NFC divisional game and pick off a Eli Manning pass with Charles Woodson and do the salsa in my friend's face just to be a jerk. Now that would be awesome.

# 58 BezO @ 05/22/12 12:41 PM
Quote:
I mean, seriously. If this is what happens when they give us a video this short of a guy dancing, I don't even know if I want to see what happens June 4th.
From now on, we'll ignore vids 11 seconds & shorter as if it wasn't posted for us to comment on.

We might have to ignore vids posted before certain dates too as they're WIP vids & not posted for us to comment on...

Unless we have something positive to say of course.

# 59 DeuceDouglas @ 05/22/12 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
From now on, we'll ignore vids 11 seconds & shorter as if it wasn't posted for us to comment on.

We might have to ignore vids posted before certain dates too as they're WIP vids & not posted for us to comment on...

Unless we have something positive to say of course.
It's not about only being positive or sugar coating something. It's a video of a guy salsa dancing. To sit here and take a video of a touchdown celebration and then start comparing it to actual gameplay is ridiculous.

The "he looks stiff" comments are well warranted and I would agree. But to say that this is the reason why gameplay sucks or that being happy with this is settling for sub-par gameplay doesn't have anything to do with the video.

As for the video, yeah, it looks a little stiff. But as a Chiefs fan, I'm only going to see this maybe one or two times in my entire time of playing Madden so it's fine to me. Could it look better? Of course, everything could. But I'm not going to sound off about how "it looks bad so the game must be terrible". I'm taking it for what it is, a video of a touchdown celebration and nothing more.

# 60 Shawnj86 @ 05/22/12 01:25 PM
They could have done better.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.