News Post

Game: MLB 12 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 55 - View All
MLB 12 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 DieHardYankee26 @ 06/02/12 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Why dont people believe a developer when he tells them no code whatsoever regarding hitting was changed?

Why is everything a conspiracy?

I don't get it.

I play with Timing hitting, both before and after the patch, and I notice no differences....at all, I'm still getting pitchers duels, slugfests and everything in between.

Really, stop looking for things that don't exist
I can second this. Played with timing hitting before and after the patch, literally no difference in hitting for me or the CPU.

# 142 bobtrain @ 06/02/12 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Why dont people believe a developer when he tells them no code whatsoever regarding hitting was changed?

Why is everything a conspiracy?

I don't get it.

I play with Timing hitting, both before and after the patch, and I notice no differences....at all, I'm still getting pitchers duels, slugfests and everything in between.

Really, stop looking for things that don't exist
Probably because they don't have as many developers in the UK as they do here. Just saying. I've worked in a SaaS company for many years. I know how it goes. Trust me. They change one piece of code and the rest has impact.

# 143 decga @ 06/03/12 11:15 AM
The only thing I've noticed on my game disc, since the latest update. The real time MLB scores at the bottom of screen is not loading when the game loads. But this not new I remembered in the past the scores stop showing in the past.

# 144 DGuinta1 @ 06/03/12 11:41 AM
Id wish they fix sometimes fielders, mainly infielders not going after bloop fowls that they could catch. And more bad weather!

# 145 Checmate101 @ 06/03/12 07:19 PM
Man, I want to download this patch..but I'm scared that my franchise might freeze up, I can't have that as I'm far in my season and I've done a lot of moves to represent real life transactions..

should I download it or not?

# 146 N51_rob @ 06/03/12 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
Man, I want to download this patch..but I'm scared that my franchise might freeze up, I can't have that as I'm far in my season and I've done a lot of moves to represent real life transactions..

should I download it or not?
Copy your old files and the older patch to an external. Then DL it and give it a go.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 147 bronxbombers21325 @ 06/07/12 01:44 AM
Well this patch officially ruined my season, I downloaded it, all of a sudden the Rangers and the Mariners were 50 and 222. I didn't figure this mattered since the Mariners were so far out. The Rangers werent doing so well either. It was an epic battle right down to the end of the AL West season, with the A's shocking the baseball world and winning the division. The Indians squeaked into the playoffs as well winning the wild card. But when the playoffs begin who do I end up playing first?? The Mariners, who would have had the worst record in baseball if not for the patch, and it gave the wildcard to the Rangers, who would have not came close to the playoffs. So the game now for some reason, just gives playoff bids to 2 teams who had horrible records and would not have made the playoffs. Nice job guys, way to ruin a game.

# 148 Falcon999 @ 06/08/12 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by payton425
I would think they would be working on a new patch since the ball was dropped on the last couple. We shall see...
I hope they are. But am I the only one or there's no real feedback from SCEA this year compared to previous iterations ?

# 149 tree3five @ 06/11/12 05:42 PM
Is this one safe to download? I am In a franchise post 1.06. I have downloaded 1.16. I have had no problems. I am afraid to download 1.21

# 150 Scribe1980 @ 06/11/12 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
Is this one safe to download? I am In a franchise post 1.06. I have downloaded 1.16. I have had no problems. I am afraid to download 1.21
Same here. I paid for and love playing in the classic stadiums, now I can't do that b/c I don't want to touch 1.21 patch. Silly that we're in this spot in the first place, don't ya think? I invested far too much time in this game -- more than hockey, FIFA and GT5 combined -- so I have had a hard time saying WTF and taking the plunge.

# 151 Chef Matt @ 06/11/12 07:51 PM
I'm playing a series in Tampa and notice that one of the scoreboards in right-center updates the pitchers stats in real time. Including the k per 9 stat.

That. is. friggin awesome.

# 152 Splitter77 @ 06/13/12 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe1980
Same here. I paid for and love playing in the classic stadiums, now I can't do that b/c I don't want to touch 1.21 patch. Silly that we're in this spot in the first place, don't ya think? I invested far too much time in this game -- more than hockey, FIFA and GT5 combined -- so I have had a hard time saying WTF and taking the plunge.
im with you. the only reason for me to download the patch is so i can play in the classic stadiums i paid for.
those stadiums should be playable without having to download the latest patch.
I dont have time to download a faulty patch. i just wanna play in the polo grounds again.

There wasnt even the need for any patches this year. The game was fine. I never needed a patch. They just open up a can of worms when one is released.

# 153 Armor and Sword @ 06/15/12 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five

Same here. I started my Franchise post 1.06 and I am having no issues.

I am in the last week of June in year one.

No issues to report.

# 154 johnnyg83 @ 06/15/12 01:59 PM
Is there any word of another patch? Yes/No? I'm too deep into my franchise to start another one, especially if they're going to patch it in a week.

How about some communication SCEA?

# 155 abcabc @ 06/16/12 06:49 PM
yea i hope there's another patch because when you're doing classic pitching, the lower left of the screen where it shows you where your pitch landed in relation to the strike zone does not tell you the batter's swing timing on the last pitch (early, late, etc).

# 156 Skyboxer @ 06/19/12 10:38 PM
Well after a while out of time and a ility to focus on The Show... I'm back!
May just start over and ise the most updated rosters.
Hopefully all goes well with the patch.

# 157 Cavicchi @ 06/20/12 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I just repurchased this game but never played the first copy. I'm not real encouraged with all this patch nonsense to mess with all this. I doubt I'd play this online. I assume you cant pick the patch that you want. Is patchless okay?
I am not having any serious issues with the patch. You can do any or both of the following:

1. Disconnect from the internet so you won't be bothered with patch requests and play without the patch.

2. Download the patch and play.

You can always delete the patch by going to, I believe, Game Data. However, based on my experience playing over 100 games, I see no reason to be weary of the patch. Oh, and I don't play online or RTTS.

# 158 antilowpe @ 06/21/12 03:27 AM
Hi guys.

I've just a question, since I don't want to read the whole 17 pages of the topic.

I've bought the Show yesterday and downloaded the latest patch. Are there any risks (I'm a franchise guy only) ?

Thank you for your answers.

# 159 Splitter77 @ 06/21/12 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
I just repurchased this game but never played the first copy. I'm not real encouraged with all this patch nonsense to mess with all this. I doubt I'd play this online. I assume you cant pick the patch that you want. Is patchless okay?
its fine without any patches.

# 160 moemoe24 @ 06/21/12 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon999
I hope they are. But am I the only one or there's no real feedback from SCEA this year compared to previous iterations ?
I agree, scea has no doubt been all but unheard from this year. It's almost like thy gave up on this years addition and didn't want to explain themselves. The patch issues are ridiculous. First of all, the whole patch thing has gotten out of control with all games, not just the show. Secondly, if you expect people to pay 60 bucks at least use the patches to improve the experience. And my final thought is, I cannot believe that we have to download a patch to be able to play with the classic stadiums we have already purchased.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.