Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

With the MLB 2K series all but confirmed to be dead, Kotaku's Owen Good has posted an article on what MLB 13 The Show must do to keep the fans of baseball gaming happy. It should be interesting, considering a simulation baseball game for the 360 doesn't look very likely.

Quote:
Your long slog through your career in Road to the Show makes the game's threadbare commentary painfully apparent. I think the world of Matt Vasgersian but he is shackled to an outdated commentary engine given to repetition and dead air. Dave Campbell's dialogue library is really showing its age, and a majority of his work sounds like Dave Campbell playing Dave Campbell. Eric Karros should be thanked for his service and sent home. The Show has world class visuals and a smooth, if minimalist, broadcast presentation. The commentary supporting it has not pulled its weight in years.

In your opinion, what does MLB 13 The Show need to do next year to satisfy your baseball gaming needs?

Source - If We Won’t Have MLB 2K to Kick Around Next Year, Here’s What The Show Must Do (Kotaku)

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 blakjak @ 05/29/12 08:31 PM
I would like to see the outfielders NOT play the ball perfectly off the walls every time. That is all.

# 162 blueduke @ 05/29/12 09:59 PM
1. Would like to start a season and skip spring training without having to do a work around to keep lineups intact

2. Less spectacular diving catches and less Willie Mays over the shoulder catches. They happen too much imo

3. OF depth sometimes seems off. RF plays shallow quite a bit even against lefty power hitters

4. Ability to re name save files

# 163 LowerWolf @ 05/29/12 10:40 PM
As has been mentioned many times, improve trade logic. I'm at the end of May in my franchise and Lester, Cano, Pujols, Wainwright are just some of the guys on the trading block. Really?

A little thing - and maybe the technology isn't there to do this - but I'd prefer having rendered faces than photos. It loses some atmosphere when I trade for a guy and he's still wearing his former team's cap. Yeah, it's a little thing and I'm a little OCD about these things.

I still wouldn't mind pitch speed being slowed down a tad more, although I know that can affect the balance of the game.

Ability to pick my own start time in a franchise. Maybe give us the option to have 1 p.m., 4 p.m. or 7 p.m. games.

Little things for the most part. There's not much to nitpick about with this series.

# 164 BZito75 @ 05/29/12 10:58 PM
Honestly all I want is a create a team option to move into a franchise ( ala all star baseball )

# 165 Marino @ 05/29/12 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmond
He does, if you hit a HR with a ChiSox player, he will say it on occasion. I've also heard him say "He gone!" after striking out an Angel but the "He gone!" comment was on The Show 2011 for PSP.

Few other things I would like to see:

1. more team specific sayings like those mentioned above when it comes to their home announcers.

2. idle chat because that's what the announcers do in baseball. I like how they used to talk about advertisements in Triple Play. Remember Lobster Cola? How about solicit real companies to plug in the game like State Farm already does?

3. I would like to see more realistic deflections off the pitcher. Seems every time I deflect a hit off him, it bounces 90* to either the 1st baseman or 3rd baseman.

4. less successful diving catches by the computer, it's pretty ridiculous how often they make diving catches.

5. less successful Willie Mays style catches, full run over the shoulder type of stuff.

6. ability to turn player fatigue off. We have options for everything else. Why not this?

7. have seat additions actually reflected in the game log.

8. more realistic crowd reactions.

9. build a team/stadium.

10. players throw the ball into the stands after an inning is through.
I agree with the bold. I had one inning where no lie, all 3 outs were diving catches by the CPU. It is pretty ridiculous at times.

# 166 MLBfanatic97 @ 05/29/12 11:48 PM
I don't care if the graphics are the same form MLB 08 the Show.
If MLB 13 The Show were available on the PS2, I would run to the Sony San Diego Studios and get down on my knees and kiss the feet of every person that works on the game.
And I wouldn't have to spend those $290 on the PS3.

# 167 bukktown @ 05/29/12 11:57 PM
My baseball gaming needs are satisfied for life if they never released another baseball game. MLB 12 is good enough!

# 168 jeffy777 @ 05/30/12 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by truintellectplaya
$299+$59.99 FOR GAME+$40 atleast for a 2nd controller that is well over $400. Even without the extra controller when you do the 7% TAX where I live it is $380+. Just not worth it for a game that way too many people say they have internet problems with
Havent read the whole thread, so not sure if this was mentioned, but the 160GB is only $250.....and there's no sales tax if you order from Amazon...

I just bought my PS3 a couple months go for The Show and it was worth every single penny, and I don't even play online.

# 169 BatsareBugs @ 05/31/12 01:22 AM
This is going to be a long-winded post from me and hopefully I will have a chance to play MLB 13 The Show, but even if I won't get the opportunity too, at least I can give my two cents. All RTTS-related items can be found in the thread created by Kirby_SCEA

Gameplay - Hitting

Spoiler

Gameplay - Pitching

Spoiler

Franchise

Spoiler

CAPS

Spoiler

Player Types/Tendencies

Spoiler

# 170 jethrotull @ 05/31/12 02:31 PM
Ability to rename and group save files would be awesome

# 171 JLL84 @ 05/31/12 08:36 PM
Crowd noise: The crowd only reacts to the result of the play. They never react at the right time. For example, in real life, a crowd will get excited for any well hit ball no matter if it’s hit right at a defender. In the game the crowd waits to see if the ball drops to even cheer or cheers once a run scores.

Stance Editor: Give us the option to edit a one handed or 2 handed follow throughs for batting stances (would be great to have more options like open or close a certain stance, add leg kicks etc. but sure that wouldn't be easy).

New Closer animation: Would love to have longer and more dramatic animation for closers entrances from the pen, 9th inning, a one run game, the music hits the stadium speakers, bullpen door comes open, and closer comes running in from the outfield with the crowd going crazy.

Editing: It would be nice when choosing stances in the editing screen if we could see them simulate a swing as they would in the game. This would make it easier to pick a stance if we’re looking for a specific quality. Same goes for pitching motions.

Ability to edit managers/coaches

Ability to fire managers in season

# 172 MauryJohn @ 05/31/12 10:31 PM
Things I would go ballistic for:
  • Expansion Mode
  • Better Scouting System [think NCAA]
  • Ability to argue calls
  • Playoff/World Series/Tournament Mode
  • Better Commentary
  • ABILITY TO TRANSFER FRANCHISE/SEASON/EXPANSION MODE OVER TO THE NEXT GAME
  • Better looking fans

# 173 JoeRyan33 @ 06/01/12 02:38 AM
Remove fielders "cheating" by increasing speed to close down balls.

Allow CAPs and other players to be transferable from this year's game to next, it would save so much time and effort with OSFM and with creating classic players.

Allow editing of 1H or 2H finish on a swing, or at least list which swings have which on the edit screen.

# 174 armymule @ 06/01/12 03:02 AM
A player search feature

# 175 LittleWall @ 06/01/12 06:35 PM
I would love to see a tendency slider inputed. I like to play with auto fielding to get some of those animations you cant get fast enough with manual, and i often have my fields dive for balls that real players would never go far. These usually result in triples because the ball got past a went to the fence. If they go add an tendency slider to set how aggressive your fielders were it would be awesome!

# 176 Scooter3 @ 06/02/12 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4889
MORE CLASSIC UNIS (EXPOS)...I know your hands are tied here. However, why not give us the ability to create our own unis. I have NO idea why we can create a team unis and all online but not offline. This is quite silly if you ask me. No one is going to play Show online as awful as lag is. The numbers speak for themselves. Much like player share, we could have team share and even uni share. Team share would be SWEET for classic roster makers such as myself. Also, how about some more hair already? How come we don't ever get guys dos like Lincecum and such. An Afro style would be awesome too. Give some 70s, 80s, and 90s players some good dos (mullets are a MUST...so many stars of the last generation rocked the mullet, afro, or just longer hair in general. This should also be an option. Aside from this, the game is stellar.

I love ryans ideas. The more creativity the better.

For my season I would like to pick 16 classic teams only. I would choose not to use the expantion teams in my season. This would put my season back in time before the 60's. This would be offered as a option with the normal number of season games.
It would allow another option for roster guys and would allow us to consentrate our focus on the old teams 400 players not 800 players and roster makers could actually have a chance to start a season. "Play Ball"
This wouldn't stop anyone from making rosters from any time period
it's an option.

I build classic rosters ( "BigKlu"in the Player Vault ) and it takes time but I love It!. Please
figure out how to import our teams to the next years game.

Offer an extra option of shorter stirrups and baggy uniforms plus a batting helmet with no ear flaps.

Show a little oil in the pocket of our gloves. The color of the gloves
needs to have a slight transparent orange tone.

If I choose the Dodgers to be my team let me put them back in Brooklyn.
Let me put the Braves back in Milwaukee or the Athletics back in Kansas
City and the Giants back in New York. Add the uniforms and comentary to match.

Please consider adding these names for roster builders:

First Names and Nicknames:

Smokey Joe...Shoeless Joe...Nap...Hughie...Pinky...Rod...Home Run...
Kid...Granny...Ewell...Vern...Deacon...Honus...Cy. ..Pie...Zack...Gabby...
Satchel...Chief...Noodles...Cesar...Stubby...Fergi e...Ripper..."Fergie"...
Christy...Enos...Fernando...Elston...Sherm...Sal.. .Orel...Stew...Skeeter...
Minnie...

Last Names:

Ripken..****ffing...Piersall...Yastrzemski...Hooper ...Appling...LaJoie...
Averill...Gehringer...Brett...Bando...Waner...Hamn er...Boozer...
Kazanski...Luzinski...Kingman...Santo...Roush...Ph illippe...
Face...Clemente...Mazeroski...Cey...Garvey...Wheat ...Hartnett...
Lowrey...Maranville...Pascual...Cat...Pappas...Ger onimo...Hahn...
Overmier...Krbek...Hafey....Eckersley...Mathewson. ..Valenzuela...
Colavito...Hogsett...Gowdy...Warstler...Tinker...S tanky...
Roseboro...Hershiser...Webb...Lombardi...Lazzeri.. .Herzog...Blasingame...
Lindstrom...
"Hamner"..."Phillippe"..."Geronimo"...
"Stanky" (my computer messed up these names)
WARNING:
My computer is putting gaps in some of the players
names and won't let me correct it. LOL

this would be my 2013 dream baseball game...
scooter...BigKlu...

# 177 BatsareBugs @ 06/02/12 01:05 AM
Games of Note please:

Mainly for:
Perfect Games
No-Hitters
Cycles
4 Home Run
20+ Inning Games

# 178 Scooter3 @ 06/02/12 12:46 PM
A few little things...

1) upgrade the fan base with kids, people of all body types
of different ages add a few Veterans etc. It would feel more
real. Show interaction between fans and venders...Toss a bag of
peanuts to a kid...

2) option on the ring around the bat. with out the ring you could have
two tone or single tone bats. please think about it...

3) might be a lost art but a "place hitter" who chokes up on the bat would be cool...
so please add an option to choke up on the bat...

4) if there's a way to make the gloves look broken in please
do it. they are beautiful but look a little stiff.

5) would it be possible to add Canada's and the U.S. National Anthems?

thanks,
scooter...BigKlu...

# 179 Furcal15 @ 06/02/12 03:23 PM
When you hit L2 in RTTS after you make contact, it changes the camera view. I'd like to see that in all game play throughout the show, well only on homeruns. I'd definitely love to see another view or two while hitting it out of the ball park!

# 180 MC2 @ 06/02/12 04:31 PM
Without a doubt more UNIFORMS!!! Everyone says there is a limited number of slots, add more slots!! Why can't that be done?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.