Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

Here are a couple of new NCAA Football 13 screenshots.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 CcAaRrSsOoNn3 @ 05/30/12 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapps
For the life of me, I can't understand the purpose of releasing these screenshots. They look like every other d@mn screenshot we've seen over the last couple of months (well, closer to two years). There is not one thing new, enhanced, or exciting in any one of them. But, what do i know. Maybe someone in marketing had 5 minutes to kill.
That's how I feel about the whole situation. Everything looks like it's from games in the past.

# 62 coogrfan @ 05/30/12 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybonez
besides adding new unis, what exactly did the art team do this year?
Off the top of my head:

• At least two new stadiums (North Texas and FAU) plus a new practice facility;
  • updates to existing stadiums;
  • true progressive lighting (updates after every play);
  • motion blur;
  • multiple trophy presentation cut scenes;
  • substantially upgraded dynasty mode presentation (live cut ins and the ESPN ticker).

# 63 Mckinley Cash @ 05/30/12 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Off the top of my head:

• motion blur;
  • substantially upgraded dynasty mode presentation (live cut ins and the ESPN ticker).
Also updated ECU's stadium.

# 64 blkrptnt819 @ 05/30/12 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
Player models?
No parts. Even the player models have been upgraded since then.

# 65 jeremym480 @ 05/30/12 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Honestly I haven't seen much upgrade from 11 to 13 as far as player model and graphics.
The same can be said with pretty much every yearly sports release this gen. Pick any year of The Show or NBA 2k from 09 to current and I seriously doubt that I will be able to tell what year it's from.

# 66 COACH WEBB @ 05/30/12 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
"NCAA Football
NCAA thought they’d jump the gun a little bit and give you a taste of what they’re bringing to the table a week early. In addition to revealing their Heisman Playbook on Wednesday May 29th, they’re also hosting a Heisman Webcast the same day. There may also be another big announcement in the works that we’re not at liberty to discuss yet...but if we were you we would probably be checking the site regularly for some big NCAA news."

Found this on easports.com/e3.. Looks like whatever is in Madden 13 might be in NCAA as well!
Methinks this is regards to the Kinect on the 360 and PSMove on the PS3.

# 67 sportzbro @ 05/30/12 02:45 PM
Quote:
Off the top of my head:

• motion blur;
Pretty sure that's just Madden. I believe NCAA is still quarterly updates.

# 68 coogrfan @ 05/30/12 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Pretty sure that's just Madden. I believe NCAA is still quarterly updates.
Nope.

http://www.easports.com/ncaa-footbal...s-presentation

"In our previous versions of the game you may have noticed big changes in the lighting at the change of the quarter or the half. With progressive lighting you’ll experience a natural progression of the sun and the stadium shadows as they traverse across the sky and field during game play."

# 69 sportzbro @ 05/30/12 03:06 PM
Quote:
Nope.

http://www.easports.com/ncaa-footbal...s-presentation

"In our previous versions of the game you may have noticed big changes in the lighting at the change of the quarter or the half. With progressive lighting you’ll experience a natural progression of the sun and the stadium shadows as they traverse across the sky and field during game play."
Well at least they have that going for them.

# 70 bh446066 @ 05/30/12 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Well at least they have that going for them.
Anytime you can throw in a Caddyshack reference.....it's a "like" from me

# 71 TrapStar215 @ 05/30/12 03:17 PM
Quote:
Off the top of my head:

• motion blur;
And that takes a year in a half?

# 72 coogrfan @ 05/30/12 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
And that takes a year in a half?
Ummm...I'm pretty sure they have been working on NCAA 13 for less than a year.

# 73 rugbyphil111 @ 05/30/12 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Obviously. There was nothing graphically wrong with 12.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
You are joking right?

# 74 jecraiders128 @ 05/31/12 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
^Seriously Griffins ball is the same size as his head

I didn't even notice that. why is that? they never release screen shots that way won't this be bad for the lawsuits?
The guys it shows have graduated and are in the NFL or played for the NFL... No lawsuit necessary.

# 75 ctindal21 @ 06/01/12 01:08 AM
When will NCAA stop with these footie socks and crappy facemasks?!

# 76 billysims @ 06/01/12 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
based off the pictures it means heisman mode is only a mode where you get 4-5 previous heisman winners not complete teams.

not that i really care but it would have been cool to get entire classic rosters with those heisman players then i could have just edited the entire roster and ratings to my likings since EA probably would have just thrown anything together themselves.

oh well with Tebow and RG3 that should atleast mean EA will have the CPU QB's scramble and take off much better this year if they really are promoting those two guys in the game this year

I would hope that's the case.
I was hoping the same thing, PM. Woulda been nice...

As for the tendencies that these Heisman players will come with in the game, I dont have high expectations that they will be true to life.

# 77 blkrptnt819 @ 06/01/12 02:13 PM
I'm absolutely lost by what graphical improvements ppl could want. Only glaring graphical problem is the stands and sidelines. I think the bigger problem my be the animations. I think the running animation needs to be recap'd with something around the pelvic region to pick up movement. I don't think the graphics needed to be redone.

# 78 coogrfan @ 06/01/12 02:55 PM
Personally I don't think the problem lies with the player models themselves; it's the default settings for things such as chest, waist, arms, pad height, sock length ( ), etc., etc that are all in serious need of tweeking. If you invest the time in making those sort of adjustments (or DL a roster that has them already done) this game can look damn good.

# 79 chi_hawks @ 06/01/12 03:29 PM
The graphics aren't what keeps me from truly enjoying this game and "getting lost" in it. I actually think they are pretty good.

Truth be told, what brings me crashing back to reality and makes me all to aware that this is fake is the ridiculous gameplay bugs and aged animation system.

Being able to tie the graphics + gameplay is a must for total immersion. NCAA had it once (06), hopefully they can get back there again.

# 80 Herky @ 06/01/12 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks
The graphics aren't what keeps me from truly enjoying this game and "getting lost" in it. I actually think they are pretty good.

Truth be told, what brings me crashing back to reality and makes me all to aware that this is fake is the ridiculous gameplay bugs and aged animation system.

Being able to tie the graphics + gameplay is a must for total immersion. NCAA had it once (06), hopefully they can get back there again.
Sadly I don't think NCAA will get a full overhaul until a new engine is developed. We are probably looking at the next gen before that happens.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.