Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you pre-order NBA 2K13 for PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 through Amazon, you will receive access to NBA All Star Game content, including the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest, Three Point Contest, Rising Stars Challenge Game, and the NBA All Star Game.

2K Sports Announces NBA® 2K13’s Triumphant Return to Virtual Hardwood on October 2, 2012

Fans to receive NBA All-Star add-on content presented by Sprite
with pre-order purchase, including all-new Sprite Slam Dunk Contest mode

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May. 30, 2012-- 2K Sports today announced that NBA® 2K13, the next installment of the top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise* for twelve straight years and the follow-up to the award-winning NBA 2K12, will be available on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 in North America and October 5, 2012 internationally for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Wii™ system and Windows PC. A Wii U™ version of NBA® 2K13 will be available in the launch window, at a later date.

Fans that pre-order NBA 2K13 for the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 will receive a new downloadable NBA All-Star content package presented by Sprite. This add-on content will be set in Houston, the site of the 2013 NBA All-Star Game and will allow fans to stage their own NBA All-Star Game, including three NBA All-Star events - the Foot Locker Three Point Shootout, BBVA Rising Stars Challenge, and the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest featuring all-new intuitive, pick-up-and-play controls.

“The NBA All-Star package is our way saying ‘thank you’ to fans for their ongoing love of the NBA 2K series,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “This content provides a ton of depth and value to our fans, and it’s just the beginning of a lot of big news about NBA® 2K13.”

Gamers can pit the NBA’s current superstars against classic players in both the Foot Locker Three Point Shootout and Sprite Slam Dunk Contest. Rosters for both the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge and 2013 NBA All-Star Game will feature the 2012 All-Stars, with dynamic updates to the 2013 rosters once the participants are announced.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio, NBA 2K13 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available on October 2, 2012 in North America and October 5, 2012 internationally. The Wii U version of the title will be available during the holiday season. Fans are encouraged to pre-order now at participating retailers in order to receive the NBA All-Star content on day one at no extra cost.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Altimus @ 05/30/12 08:32 AM
Finally 2K has the full All-Star package. Now lets hope the content stays after you download it unlike the Sacramento/Golden State DLC.

# 2 Mintsa @ 05/30/12 08:51 AM
Nice !

Considering that it's only May. This is great news.

I loved this mode back in Live 2005.

# 3 dean147 @ 05/30/12 08:52 AM
I hope EU and UK get a similar deal. On the Amazon UK site it doesn't have this on the 2k13 page.

# 4 EllCee @ 05/30/12 08:57 AM
I hope you can pre-order through gamestop and get it. I'm not quite fond of pre-ordering online. It is great news though, but I think it should have been in the game for quite sometime now.

# 5 EllCee @ 05/30/12 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Finally 2K has the full All-Star package. Now lets hope the content stays after you download it unlike the Sacramento/Golden State DLC.
it goes away? mine never went away o.o from what I understand, it isn't dlc in the first place but a code that unlocks it. just re-enter the code. am i right ?

# 6 Altimus @ 05/30/12 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllCee
it goes away? mine never went away o.o from what I understand, it isn't dlc in the first place but a code that unlocks it. just re-enter the code. am i right ?
Yeah, but it got tiresome re-entering the code. Not a big deal but I remember some said that re-entering the code didn't fix it for them.

# 7 thaone08 @ 05/30/12 09:00 AM
Will we be able to use this in association mode ?

# 8 WaddupCouzin @ 05/30/12 09:01 AM
On the psp, but not the Vita?

# 9 navyboy09 @ 05/30/12 09:06 AM
Not trying to be a ***** but we shouldn't have to pre-order the game just to get the allstar weekend. Stuff like that should automatic be in the game b/c it apart of the game.

# 10 thaone08 @ 05/30/12 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by navyboy09
Not trying to be a ***** but we shouldn't have to pre-order the game just to get the allstar weekend. Stuff like that should automatic be in the game b/c it apart of the game.
On top of that, they saying its it own mode so do that mean we not going get it in my player or Association mode ?

# 11 TrapStar215 @ 05/30/12 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by navyboy09
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaone08
On top of that, they saying its it own mode so do that mean we not going get it in my player or Association mode ?
Y'all act like they get more money out of you by reserving a game! What's the big deal of a $5 deposit off the purchase price of a game you're going to buy?

# 12 WaddupCouzin @ 05/30/12 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
Y'all act like they get more money out of you by reserving a game! What's the big deal of a $5 deposit off the purchase price of a game you're going to buy?
Excellent point.

# 13 Saijahn @ 05/30/12 09:26 AM
Will be it's own mode? Why not implement it into Association and My Player? Sorry this seems a bit suspect until further notice.

# 14 ultralow36 @ 05/30/12 09:30 AM
WoW now I have to pre order to get a piece of the h
Game classic this game and others this Gen have been hacked to pieces and sold over the internet ....when will we get one complete game......

# 15 iLLosophy @ 05/30/12 09:31 AM
Awesome....they are re-adding features from previous 2K games that were taken out for no apparent reason. I'm so stoked.

First major announcement about 2k13 is something that required 0% innovation. Just more reason to NOT pre-order this game.

# 16 letsgocavs99 @ 05/30/12 09:32 AM
It better be in my player and association mode because I rememer I had Live 05 and the dunk contest/3pt contet were fun and I'd always do them in the middle of the season.

# 17 thaone08 @ 05/30/12 09:33 AM
Quote:
I dont care about preordering i just want to know if the mode going be in my player and Association mode

# 18 coolcras7 @ 05/30/12 09:34 AM
Nice I am sure even if you don't preorder they will eventually release the code to everyone.

# 19 navyboy09 @ 05/30/12 09:37 AM
Quote:
Thats not the point im trying to make...what im saying is i shouldn't have to do anything extra to get stuff that should already be in the game. Especially when it was in the game at one point then taken out now a big annoucement like it's something new.

# 20 ccoaxum @ 05/30/12 09:40 AM
ok yea this should automatic be on the game, yea 5 dollars is nothing but what happens if you don't get a chance to pre-order it, what now you got to pay a certain amount of money off the game market for the dlc like the other mode on 2k12..smh you can wonder all you want but i knw this mode is not going to be connected with the other modes which is going suck..and in my opinion their all star mode was not as cool as the other opponents one when they have it on their game. But its nice they trying to put it back on the game!

« Previous1234567891213Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.