Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

For the first time in franchise history, familiar faces are now on the field in NCAA Football 13, where fans can build a national powerhouse by placing one of 10 former Heisman Trophy winners on the team of their choice for the upcoming NCAA season. Under center, in the backfield, or split wide, utilize a Legend’s skill set in the quest to win the Heisman Trophy. Video interviews with each Heisman Trophy winner will be unlocked throughout the season, detailing the achievements of their glory days. In addition, fans can truly test themselves by matching their Heisman Legend’s historical performance in one season, which will not only win the Heisman Trophy, but also unlock each player in Road to Glory.

Heisman Legends include:
  • Marcus Allen– 1981 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Southern California
  • Doug Flutie– 1984 Heisman Trophy recipient, Boston College
  • Eddie George– 1995 Heisman Trophy recipient, Ohio State University
  • Robert Griffin III– 2011 Heisman Trophy recipient, Baylor University
  • Desmond Howard– 1991 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Michigan
  • Carson Palmer– 2002 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Southern California
  • Barry Sanders– 1988 Heisman Trophy recipient, Oklahoma State University
  • Charlie Ward– 1993 Heisman Trophy recipient, Florida State University
  • Andre Ware– 1989 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Houston
  • Herschel Walker– 1982 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Georgia
The following DLC Heisman Legends are also available:
  • * Tim Brown – 1987 Heisman Trophy recipient, Notre Dame
  • * Archie Griffin – 1974 and 1975 Heisman Trophy recipient, Ohio State University
  • * Jim Plunkett – 1970 Heisman Trophy recipient, Stanford University
  • ** Mark Ingram – 2009 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Alabama
  • ** Matt Leinart – 2004 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Southern California
  • ** Tim Tebow – 2007 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Florida
* Available through the NCAA Football 13 demo download.

** Available through NCAA Football 13 pre-order from GameStop.

REACTION TIME

The new Reaction Time feature allows players to experience what it’s like on the field as a true Heisman Trophy-caliber athlete. Reaction Time literally slows down the action, allowing users to look for openings in defenses and perform skill moves to get into the open field, before smoothly transitioning back to regular speed. Gameplay has also been enhanced to include special teams and an updated playcall system.

Discuss.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 TheRegan @ 05/30/12 02:16 PM
Brace yourself, complaints about the Heisman interviews being wasted space are coming.

# 22 smoove7 @ 05/30/12 02:17 PM
If Bush were in and you played with him and met expectations, 6 years later in your dynasty would you see on the bottom "Reggie has to give back the Heisman?"

# 23 Pezell04x @ 05/30/12 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadOwl
This absolutely infuriates me. I mean, sure, it's a somewhat interesting concept, but who is actually going to play it? This is a waste of time for the team making NCAA 13.

I've spent literally 99% of my time playing offline dynasty since I started buying NCAA football..... in 2005. I'm sure that a lot of people are the same way. I don't think it's a stretch to assume that the vast majority of people who buy the game buy it for dynasty.

So my question is, WHY do they always spend time making things like this and season showdown? They need to be making improvements to dynasty, making improvements to player models and equipment, making improvements to the gameplay, etc. I mean, yeah, they do make a handful of improvements to gameplay and dynasty every year, but the time they're spending to make this mode could be used to improve dynasty/player models/gameplay MUCH more.
Just because you won't play it doesn't mean other people won't. I'm sure there are a ton of Florida fans who would love to play this with Tebow. It's like 2K's legends mode.

# 24 weeeeeeez @ 05/30/12 02:17 PM
Interviews are pretty cool.

# 25 RebelHog @ 05/30/12 02:18 PM
Each video, shows different interviews from all the Heisman winners

# 26 huntt26 @ 05/30/12 02:19 PM
I'm surprised it's a full season instead of 1 game

# 27 huntt26 @ 05/30/12 02:20 PM
Nice, they at least included highlights in the interview videos

# 28 Pezell04x @ 05/30/12 02:22 PM
music sounds like the Back to the Future theme.

# 29 RebelHog @ 05/30/12 02:22 PM
This is so fail.

# 30 TheBadOwl @ 05/30/12 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Just because you won't play it doesn't mean other people won't. I'm sure there are a ton of Florida fans who would love to play this with Tebow. It's like 2K's legends mode.
I mean, I might toy around with this, play a season with Eddie George and Archie Griffin, but I'll still spend 98% of my time playing dynasty. This just sounds like a glorified RTG.

I'm not saying that I don't want this feature. It seems pretty cool, but I'm saying that they have their priorities mixed up.

It should go: Gameplay, Player Models, Dynasty, then modes like Teambuilder, Heisman Challenge, RTG, etc.

# 31 JB0B0 @ 05/30/12 02:24 PM
Doesn't look like we'll get to see gameplay in this webcast

# 32 prowler @ 05/30/12 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB0B0
Doesn't look like we'll get to see gameplay in this webcast
He said he would actually play some after the drawn out presentation.

# 33 weeeeeeez @ 05/30/12 02:26 PM
Ratings over 100.

# 34 RebelHog @ 05/30/12 02:26 PM
Overall ratings are over 100

Playcall has been revamped (yah right)

Special Teams added for Return Kicks and Punts

# 35 shaunlmason @ 05/30/12 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadOwl
This absolutely infuriates me. I mean, sure, it's a somewhat interesting concept, but who is actually going to play it? This is a waste of time for the team making NCAA 13.

I've spent literally 99% of my time playing offline dynasty since I started buying NCAA football..... in 2005. I'm sure that a lot of people are the same way. I don't think it's a stretch to assume that the vast majority of people who buy the game buy it for dynasty.

So my question is, WHY do they always spend time making things like this and season showdown? They need to be making improvements to dynasty, making improvements to player models and equipment, making improvements to the gameplay, etc. I mean, yeah, they do make a handful of improvements to gameplay and dynasty every year, but the time they're spending to make this mode could be used to improve dynasty/player models/gameplay MUCH more.
The funny thing is, if you look at the actual numbers EA collects, RTG is the most played mode.

I don't play it and you obviously don't, but millions of players do.

# 36 krildog @ 05/30/12 02:27 PM
Well, at least putting Tim Brown on the current ND squad will help kill time as rosters are tweaked!

# 37 huntt26 @ 05/30/12 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krildog
Well, at least putting Tim Brown on the current ND squad will help kill time as rosters are tweaked!
I'm thinking the same, I'll play this mode until the rosters are done. The videos give some good history.

# 38 prowler @ 05/30/12 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Mason
The funny thing is, if you look at the actual numbers EA collects, RTG is the most played mode.

I don't play it and you obviously don't, but millions of players do.

When was this said?

Ben mentioned that the info they collected said 75% of gamers are playing offline dynasty. And all the Facebook polls (where offline dynasty isn't ommitted) reinforces it.

# 39 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/30/12 02:30 PM
What is the reaction time I see on the screen ? What does it do ?

# 40 huntt26 @ 05/30/12 02:31 PM
Off topic: I like this guy's presentation program

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.