Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

For the first time in franchise history, familiar faces are now on the field in NCAA Football 13, where fans can build a national powerhouse by placing one of 10 former Heisman Trophy winners on the team of their choice for the upcoming NCAA season. Under center, in the backfield, or split wide, utilize a Legend’s skill set in the quest to win the Heisman Trophy. Video interviews with each Heisman Trophy winner will be unlocked throughout the season, detailing the achievements of their glory days. In addition, fans can truly test themselves by matching their Heisman Legend’s historical performance in one season, which will not only win the Heisman Trophy, but also unlock each player in Road to Glory.

Heisman Legends include:
  • Marcus Allen– 1981 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Southern California
  • Doug Flutie– 1984 Heisman Trophy recipient, Boston College
  • Eddie George– 1995 Heisman Trophy recipient, Ohio State University
  • Robert Griffin III– 2011 Heisman Trophy recipient, Baylor University
  • Desmond Howard– 1991 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Michigan
  • Carson Palmer– 2002 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Southern California
  • Barry Sanders– 1988 Heisman Trophy recipient, Oklahoma State University
  • Charlie Ward– 1993 Heisman Trophy recipient, Florida State University
  • Andre Ware– 1989 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Houston
  • Herschel Walker– 1982 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Georgia
The following DLC Heisman Legends are also available:
  • * Tim Brown – 1987 Heisman Trophy recipient, Notre Dame
  • * Archie Griffin – 1974 and 1975 Heisman Trophy recipient, Ohio State University
  • * Jim Plunkett – 1970 Heisman Trophy recipient, Stanford University
  • ** Mark Ingram – 2009 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Alabama
  • ** Matt Leinart – 2004 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Southern California
  • ** Tim Tebow – 2007 Heisman Trophy recipient, University of Florida
* Available through the NCAA Football 13 demo download.

** Available through NCAA Football 13 pre-order from GameStop.

REACTION TIME

The new Reaction Time feature allows players to experience what it’s like on the field as a true Heisman Trophy-caliber athlete. Reaction Time literally slows down the action, allowing users to look for openings in defenses and perform skill moves to get into the open field, before smoothly transitioning back to regular speed. Gameplay has also been enhanced to include special teams and an updated playcall system.

Discuss.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 jpdavis82 @ 05/30/12 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
june 4th is just RTG, i already don't care about it
He said he was done with EA Sports, I was referring to Madden's announcement June 4th.

# 142 ultralow36 @ 05/30/12 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Bro, the trailer was full of the same broken tackle animations. Plus the idea of puttin the heisman winner on any team is dumb. This is A FAIL. I'm done with EA Sportd my dude.
yeah kinda like putting Jordan on any team...how quickly we forget......O yeah its ea

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

# 143 ultralow36 @ 05/30/12 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
naw man that's just Charlie Ward having 99 accuarcy and 99 throw power....
they never said 99 everything

# 144 walshcav @ 05/30/12 03:44 PM
I have given NCAA 13 EVERY benefit of the doubt thus far, but this just felt like something completely pointless when there are so many fundamental issues in the game that are broken.

I still have it pre-ordered because I have "Sucker" tattooed across my forehead and there is no other alternative. I love college football so I need my fix every fall.

EA, honestly, I'm not even mad anymore ... I'm just disappointed that you continue to let your hardcore fans down on a yearly basis.

I'll buy it, you'll get my money. I'll leave it on the night stand.

# 145 ultralow36 @ 05/30/12 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack
I don't understand. They guys PowerPoint thing said retro gear. But I don't see any. Can someone explain this?

Or did they just use the ger that's already In ncaa12 that kind of looks like retro gear.
Look at the trailer gear look at the facemask of walker,arm pads of. Barry etc .....look man.....not uniform

# 146 ultralow36 @ 05/30/12 03:50 PM
Athleticism
Maxed out attributes
Overall ratings above 100
Eddie's speed
Herschel's power
Tim Brown's hands
Flutie's elusivene

# 147 WazzuRC @ 05/30/12 03:51 PM
I thought this mode was completely different than what it turned out to be. I was under the impression that you played as Heisman Winners in "Heisman Moments" of their great seasons. This just seems...pointless.

# 148 Playmakers @ 05/30/12 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I am going to go against the grain here and say I think this Heisman mode looks like it could be quite fun and I think I may enjoy it. I think it's funny all the criticism EA is taking over this when so many people really LOVED 2K Sports addition of superstar mode with Michael Jordan and all those classic players, which is probably where EA got this idea from btw.

As for me, I know I played NBA2K a LOT more because of that superstar mode where you had goals set for players and had to meet them to unlock achievements and although I'm not sure this mode will be that addictive it certainly looks like it has the potential to be.
Those guys at NBA 2K are passionate about historic players and basketball in general.

They also understand that you just can't make every single player a 100 overall just because he was a great player.

Players have strength and weaknesses Odogg.

That is why player tendencies and player traits are so imprtant. I could do a better job than EA at seperating players.

Here's a prime example of how Ratings matter in NBA 2K classic players.

Dominque Wilkins is not a 100 overall rated player even though he was a beast back in his day. He was a terrific athelete but that doesn't mean he was a great shooter

2K Ratings for Wilkins that made him play to his strengths
Shot Inside-97
Shot Close-96
Dunk-99
Shoot In Traffic-94
Speed-80
Quickness-82
Vertical-96

2K Ratings that made Wilkins avg in his lesser skill categories
Shot Medium-79
3-PT Shot-67
FT Throw-81
Ball Handle-78
Passing-60
Blocking-40
Defensive Awareness-74

Larry Bird was awesome but 2k rated him in a realistic manner.

You can tell they actually did some research because while most people assume Bird was a great 3-PT shooter in reality he was good but not great from that range. He was a mid range shooter and not very atheletic and 2K also gave him weaknesses.

Bird has (80) 3-Pt rating, (78) Layup, (48) Dunking, (72) Ball Handling, (47) Blocking, (65) speed, (65) quickness and (48) jumping.

Those are things that truly capture player seperation and tendencies Odogg.

Just because Bird was great doesn't mean he has 90+ ratings in all skill sets.

EA i can gurantee you will give Eddie George and Archie Griffin 90+ speed and agility which is just flat out wrong.

I understand those players were great players but they should also have aspects of their game that wasn't great. That makes you utilize the players to their strengths.

Why would i want to have Eddie George running around on the field as if he's got the same speed as Warrick Dunn and the power of Jim Brown?

So the two modes are diiferent IMO because one company (2K) takes their classic teams and players seriously and the other company (EA) does it for marketing reasons only.

# 149 Bootzilla @ 05/30/12 03:56 PM
That. Was. Awful.

# 150 cparrish @ 05/30/12 03:59 PM
Not a fan at all of this Heisman Challenge. It's just a fancy "create a player" mode with super human attributes. No thanks.

# 151 avwhitechic @ 05/30/12 04:00 PM
ok i guess but i wont touch it.. I'll create a player before i do this...waste of resources imo.

# 152 smoove7 @ 05/30/12 04:01 PM
So are they saying that ratings do matter? OMG the hours of changing ratings last year. The horror!!

# 153 BoomerSooner11 @ 05/30/12 04:01 PM
If different game modes could collect dust..this one would. It would collect virtual dust bunnies. I won't touch it, that's just my 2 cents. Each to his own.

# 154 Hassan Darkside @ 05/30/12 04:02 PM
Another game mode I won't play. I don't think I've played anything outside of Dynasty or Play Now (or practice) since NCAA 08's mini-games.

Might as well save us all some time and just add classic teams or players.

# 155 BA2929 @ 05/30/12 04:03 PM
So... judging by the comments.... I take it everyone hated this new mode and now have canceled their pre-orders and/or aren't buying the game for the 15th time?

# 156 Assassin @ 05/30/12 04:04 PM
This looks like it could be some fun especially for the guys that are big into college football and loved watching the past Heisman winners and seeing what they did. I will admit I was skeptical of this mode until I watched the podcast. I think this mode could be alot of fun especially for the guys who loved watching alot of the former winners like myself.

# 157 BoomerSooner11 @ 05/30/12 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
So... judging by the comments.... I take it everyone hated this new mode and now have canceled their pre-orders and/or aren't buying the game for the 15th time?
I'm not dropping my pre order because of a game mode, I just won't play it. It's not a virus that is going to spill over into dynasty mode. It'll just sit there, and I might see it's little advertisements in the loading screen.."OH HEY, HAVE YOU TRIED HEISMAN CHALLENGE?!"

# 158 BA2929 @ 05/30/12 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner11
I'm not dropping my pre order because of a game mode, I just won't play it. It's not a virus that is going to spill over into dynasty mode. It'll just sit there, and I might see it's little advertisements in the loading screen.."OH HEY, HAVE YOU TRIED HEISMAN CHALLENGE?!"
I agree. But after reading today's thread, I expect half the people to be here on June 4th for the next "reveal" or whatever it is. I mean, if they've given up on EA and NCAA, why waste their time?

# 159 brutx15 @ 05/30/12 04:10 PM
Wait, so I'm confused... Was the "special announcement" that everyone was talking about the reaction time? Or will it not be announced until E3? Because I already knew about the reaction time...

# 160 Jakeboutte @ 05/30/12 04:10 PM
Punt returns baby! I wasnt to sure of this mode at first, but now Im a tad interested! Might play it with Barry, then get back to my dynasty!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.