Home
News Post

Just in time for the start of NFL OTAs, RateSports has released its latest modification project for the Xbox 360 version of All Pro Football 2K8:

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

The "NFL 2K13" project includes:

If you can't download from the above link, try here or here.

1) Season mode files featuring all 32 NFL teams. There is one file for each NFL team, usable in season mode only.

2) A selection of head-to-head files featuring eight NFL teams per pack. Each head-to-head file pack includes eight NFL teams for use in local exhibition mode.

These files are for offline use only and will not work online.

Only the Xbox 360 version of All Pro Football 2K8 is supported. A PlayStation 3 version of the mod is not possible due to Sony's current file encryption system.

New to transferring All Pro Football 2K8 roster files? Consult RateSports' video tutorial:

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: All-Pro Football 2K8Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 57 - View All
Member Comments
# 121 jyoung @ 06/05/12 05:17 PM
Yes, but it will probably mess up your roster file.

Each time you change a player's name, it causes issues with the player database.

# 122 Aso21Raiders @ 06/06/12 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Yes, but it will probably mess up your roster file.

Each time you change a player's name, it causes issues with the player database.
Nvm, got it.

# 123 eagskerfan @ 06/06/12 12:08 PM
Thanks for making this man! It turned out great, and has been a lot of fun to play.

# 124 Mbalmer @ 06/06/12 03:45 PM
I have been buried in the Mass Effect trilogy for the last month and have just found this today...I am having my wife pick up the 360 version (I have the PS3 version) after she gets off work tonight, so after the Thunder smoke the Spurs I can play this.

Even though I haven't played it yet, great work on this file!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to try it out.

THANK YOU!

# 125 Rocky @ 06/06/12 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
I went back into my Chiefs file with Finn's editor...this time, knowing what most of the unknown attributes are and referrencing the combine drill/attribute chart somebody posted a few pages back.. After a bunch of trial and error, I think I've found a sweet spot. I watch CPU vs CPU as a guage to see what needs to be tweaked and I've been impressed so far with what I've seen using All-Pro sliders on normal gamespeed. Mines is a Chiefs file. If anybody's interested in trying it, let me know....
I'm definitely interested.

# 126 odera @ 06/06/12 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
I went back into my Chiefs file with Finn's editor...this time, knowing what most of the unknown attributes are and referrencing the combine drill/attribute chart somebody posted a few pages back.. After a bunch of trial and error, I think I've found a sweet spot. I watch CPU vs CPU as a guage to see what needs to be tweaked and I've been impressed so far with what I've seen using All-Pro sliders on normal gamespeed. Mines is a Chiefs file. If anybody's interested in trying it, let me know....
I am also Interested.

# 127 Mbalmer @ 06/07/12 05:18 PM
I played several games last night and have to say that I enjoyed these a ton. I haven't played this game much in the past because I liked the rosters for 2k5 better, but I can see this will get alot more play time. (Also, I had this for ps3 and just got this for 360 last night, and I think the game looks way better on 360, but could just be me coming from alot of 2k5) Anyway...

I did notice something that could use a little tweaking...I was playing with the Bears (Beasts) against the Lions (Sailors) and I noticed more then once that Henry Melton would catch up with and tackle Jahvid Best. Henry didn't even have a good angle. (I know Henry played some running back at Texas, but still.) I also noticed some instances while playing with some other teams of a D-lineman catching up with a running back without a good angle.

Not nit-picking, just thought I would throw that out there.

Thanks for the rosters!!

# 128 jyoung @ 06/07/12 05:29 PM
The 360 version is definitely superior. It runs at 60 FPS offline and 30 FPS online.

Whereas the PS3 only runs at 30 FPS across all modes.

Also, the 360 version received a patch that the PS3 never got.

# 129 jyoung @ 06/08/12 02:59 PM
Just wondering, is there a reason why your team names don't have the city name included?

I.E., Denver is just listed as the "Broncos" instead of "Denver Broncos."

From what I've seen in my experiences, both the city name and team name fields are editable as long as you stay within the character limit.

Also another minor thing, some of the team abbreviations are a bit off (i.e.,
"NWE" when it should be "NE" for the Patriots). Again, I've been able to edit these without difficulty in my own experiments as long as you don't break the character limit.

# 130 Fiddy @ 06/08/12 03:20 PM
in the project, were you able to make teams play at a certain stadium or no?

# 131 larrybirdflu @ 06/08/12 04:55 PM
I'm probably the only person who's loaded up the Raiders season file, and I noticed two issues. One, instead of playing the Chiefs twice there's two Raiders vs. Raiders games in the schedule.

And two, Heyward-Bey has soft hands? Really? I hate to say it as a fan, but Lechler's more deserving of that silver star than Heyward-Bey.

But two things you did get spot-on: I had an offsides penalty on my first defensive possession, and a 70 yard TD pass to Denarius Moore on my first offensive possession. Pretty damn realistic if you ask me. Thanks for all the work put into these rosters, I've become addicted to my all-time favorite Xbox 360 game all over again.

# 132 JayBee74 @ 06/08/12 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
It'd be much easier next time to click the button next to the "Quote" to multi-quote like this. It says "Multi-qoute this message". Once you click it, click it for each post you want to post and it'll make one big post like the one above with space in between to reply to each individual qoute. Makes responding much easier instead of posting 3 posts back to back
I've been at OS 11 years (starting at it's origins from IGN) and never used this function. I'd copy and paste for multi quotes to be gathered in one post. Thanks for the info. How very unaware of me.

# 133 jyoung @ 06/08/12 06:27 PM
The thing about APF's rating system is, even a silver receiver without soft hands will still catch pretty much everything thrown his way because all CAPs follow a generic rating template that's based on their tier and position.

So you would have to go in and adjust the individual catch and catch-in-traffic ratings to make a silver receiver with poor hands.

I wish the game had included negative abilities like "fumblitis," "stone hands" or "melts under pressure."

Edit: here is the thread I made that lists all the CAP rating templates by tier and position:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-position.html

# 134 JayBee74 @ 06/08/12 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

Edit: here is the thread I made that lists all the CAP rating templates by tier and position:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-position.html
That's a good list.

# 135 Aso21Raiders @ 06/08/12 06:58 PM
If were talking about the Raiders I would like to say Rolando McClain should not be a silver. He actually seems like a bust at this point. I think a player somewhere else might be deserving.

And while Heyward-Bey definitely isn't a soft hands guy he did vastly improve in season 3 so don't make him Braylon Edwards-like.

# 136 Kanobi @ 06/09/12 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I'm definitely interested.
Here ya go

All feedback and criticism is welcomed

# 137 hlhbk @ 06/09/12 06:44 PM
Any word when V3 is going to be released? Playing as the Raiders the Chiefs
@Steelers cause the season to freeze during the simulation. Also what are the best sliders to use with this?

# 138 sparkyiii2k @ 06/11/12 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Highly impressed by the work you've done here, sir. Has me considering buying this for the Xbox (as the PS3 is not edited and really doesn't do much for me).

So the bottom line for this is.... (1) no online play with these rosters; (2) offline single player play, but only 8 teams will show/be controllable at a time and/or (3) head to head offline play is possible?

Sorry for the ignorance.
That is correct but there is another folder he created for season play its pretty awesome.

# 139 Culture Rot @ 06/11/12 01:39 PM
Online play works for me

# 140 urlacher51 @ 06/11/12 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Online play works for me

Attachment 45188...........................

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.