Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The team started a Dynasty to showcase what scouting looks like when you start a Dynasty.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 seasprite @ 05/31/12 02:18 PM
Looks pretty good IMO

# 2 Gotmadskillzson @ 05/31/12 02:19 PM
You would have thought their quick clip thursday this week would have showed off more of their Heisman Mode with their bullet time in greater detail. But this is even better.

# 3 seasprite @ 05/31/12 02:23 PM
Much needed for OD and will add a lot as far as recruiting is concerned and selecting particular players for your needs instead of throwing a dart on a dartboard to pick recruits.

# 4 bigeastbumrush @ 05/31/12 02:34 PM
It's cleaner. And it gives you more of an idea of the capabilities of the recruits you're bringing in.

An improvement. But not a game-changer IMO.

# 5 huntt26 @ 05/31/12 02:37 PM
Excellent look at this feature, I'm curious about the mock draft as well!

I was hoping for some gameplay, but this will do.

# 6 Ziza9Noles94 @ 05/31/12 02:39 PM
Looks good. One question: The red down arrows and the green up arrows are for how they dropped or rose from a previous number? Or do they imply the potential to drop or rise from that initial number we are seeing?

# 7 cts @ 05/31/12 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
Looks good. One question: The red down arrows and the green up arrows are for how they dropped or rose from a previous number? Or do they imply the potential to drop or rise from that initial number we are seeing?
My assumption is that it resembles when a revealed rating is lower/higher than the letter grade initially shown.

# 8 Pezell04x @ 05/31/12 02:45 PM
Being a big dynasty guy, I think this was a great choice for the quick clips, especially after the meh ones and yesterday terrible Heisman presentation.

I'm really looking forward to dynasty mode in 13.

# 9 pigsooie3 @ 05/31/12 02:47 PM
Yeah it looked like whenever the actual rating was less than the projection it would display the red down arrow along with the new rating and when the actual was better than the projected then they displayed the new rating and the green up arrow.

# 10 pigsooie3 @ 05/31/12 02:53 PM
This will big a huge addition in dynasty especially when trying to build your program up and don't have the luxury to get recruits like the Alabama's and Florida's and Texas' of the world.

# 11 alexgators1 @ 05/31/12 03:00 PM
Hopefully they didn't show a gameplay video because they are going to show a better one at E3. I want to get my hopes up so bad, but I just can't do it.

# 12 cts @ 05/31/12 03:00 PM
One of the better parts of these dynamic recruit ratings, to me, is the fact that the smaller CPU run teams should have a much better opportunity to land those "program changing" players.

# 13 fcboiler87 @ 05/31/12 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
the one thing i dont like the the overall being shown... why not just let us scout and then see what they come in at? Honestly it makes me feel like EA thinks we are dumb, but looking at scouted attribute numbers we have a general idea what the player is going to be.
Agreed. I wonder about this as well. I think it would have been better if they would not have revealed the overall rating and forced you to go by individual attribute ratings. Talk about a challenge, but it'd make it a lot more realistic.

# 14 jpdavis82 @ 05/31/12 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgators1
Hopefully they didn't show a gameplay video because they are going to show a better one at E3. I want to get my hopes up so bad, but I just can't do it.
I think they are just trying to generate some excitement for NCAA 13 again and they knew if they showed us another disappointing gameplay video that things would be even worse than yesterday. I'm pretty sure their Twitter got lit up yesterday, I know I did my part and I think it was well deserved.

# 15 weeeeeeez @ 05/31/12 03:21 PM
I think it looks spectacular. I don't think I'm going to scout every play I go after though (unless I'm only going after 10 or less players that year). I think it will be most useful for battles on which prospect you can't decide to go after.

# 16 DorianDonP @ 05/31/12 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
Agreed. I wonder about this as well. I think it would have been better if they would not have revealed the overall rating and forced you to go by individual attribute ratings. Talk about a challenge, but it'd make it a lot more realistic.
That's what I was saying from the beginning. Plus it seems like it's way too easy to get to 100% scouted and avoid busts.

Even with those complaints, it's still a nice sized step in the direction I feel the game should be going. I like the improvement.

# 17 jpdavis82 @ 05/31/12 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
That's what I was saying from the beginning. Plus it seems like it's way too easy to get to 100% scouted and avoid busts.

Even with those complaints, it's still a nice sized step in the direction I feel the game should be going. I like the improvement.
Here's the problem though, the gameplay improvements aren't on par with the dynasty and presentation improvements. I think that's the problem that most people have right now. It seems like the priorities for NCAA 13 were, 1. Dynasty 2. Presentation 3. Gameplay, but they should be 1. Gameplay 2. Dynasty 3. Presentation

# 18 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 05/31/12 03:38 PM
Can't watch the video while I'm at work, but from the responses, sounds like I'll be pleased by this. I'm still playing the hell out of my dynasty right now.

# 19 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 05/31/12 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Here's the problem though, the gameplay improvements aren't on par with the dynasty and presentation improvements. I think that's the problem that most people have right now. It seems like the priorities for NCAA 13 were, 1. Dynasty 2. Presentation 3. Gameplay, but they should be 1. Gameplay 2. Dynasty 3. Presentation
I haven't seen the gameplay videos yet, but the passing trajectories and leading a WR alone make it a huge gameplay improvement in my opinion.

# 20 kevj349 @ 05/31/12 03:47 PM
Looks like the top players still have too many wideouts. I don't think they addressed speed vs power backs either. I hate having my 6'4" speed backs.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.