Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

The team started a Dynasty to showcase what scouting looks like when you start a Dynasty.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Ramminyou @ 05/31/12 03:54 PM
What I like about this scouting is that it will mean different things to different programs. The Notre Dames and Bamas of the world will mostly just use it to avoid busts. But what about those 1 and 2 star programs? They will be much more likely to use their scouting, I would think, to find those hidden gem 2 and 3 * players who might not be that interested in them initially but who they might be able to attract if no one else is paying attention to at first. The reward of finding these underrated studs probably outweighs the risk of getting a 1* bust.

Even a 3 or 4 * program like Missouri might be tempted to spend more of their time scouting those lower recruits to look for gems rather than avoiding busts. Lord knows we've made a living grabbing 2 and 3* talent like Chase Daniel, Sean Witherspoon and Danario Alexander who end up being gems. However, there could be some serious risks if these guys don't end up being special and you have a lot of guys you offer go unscouted. I don't think it will be easy, even with the knowledge that it will reveal the OVR.

# 22 illwill10 @ 05/31/12 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith.0
One of the better parts of these dynamic recruit ratings, to me, is the fact that the smaller CPU run teams should have a much better opportunity to land those "program changing" players.
Especially since there will be gems and busts.

# 23 illwill10 @ 05/31/12 04:11 PM
I really liked the vid. Since I mainly play Dynasty, it was a good thing to see.

I think I will just scout team needs. Since there are gems and busts, I will definitely scout 3 stars more. Playing as a 1 star team, I will look to find some 2-3 star gems that can help me turn around my team.

Imagine being the coach of a team like Kentucky and you hit big on a 3 star QB, RB and a defender in a season or two, by their JR year your team could be almost turned around. It could also help your Pro Potential if the gems are drafted high

# 24 cts @ 05/31/12 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Especially since there will be gems and busts.
That's what I mean. That's assuming, of course, that all of the 1, 2, and 3* "Gems" are not uncovered by larger programs each season.

# 25 darren1024 @ 05/31/12 04:22 PM
If more than one human player is going after the same recruit, will their numbers be the same? Also, looks like u can only spend 60min on a recruit.

# 26 Ramminyou @ 05/31/12 04:28 PM
Quote:
That's what I mean. That's assuming, of course, that all of the 1, 2, and 3* "Gems" are not uncovered by larger programs each season.
That's my only real concern. I'm afraid the game might be programmed such that the CPU schools "know" who the gems and busts are before scouting in an attempt to create artificial competition. I don't want to put a 2* HB from Washington on my board in a Wazzu dynasty only to find that Texas, Wisconson and Oregon have all scouted and offered him by Week 2.

# 27 illwill10 @ 05/31/12 04:34 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
That's my only real concern. I'm afraid the game might be programmed such that the CPU schools "know" who the gems and busts are before scouting in an attempt to create artificial competition. I don't want to put a 2* HB from Washington on my board in a Wazzu dynasty only to find that Texas, Wisconson and Oregon have all scouted and offered him by Week 2.
That is my main concern too.
I want to see 4 or 5 star schools miss on 4 or 5 star players badly. It could have a big effect facing a team like Alabama and this miss out on a a few players. For example, them missing on a 5 star CB when there depth is bad. They would give up alot of TDs.

Like you said, I dont want to see a 3 star player from Wyoming have offers from Alabama and Florida just because he is a gem. Just like I dont want to see a team like Florida not go after a 5 star RB from Florida because they know he is a bust, especially if they have a major need at RB.

This could either a great feature of half-***ed feature. I wouldnt mind missing on a good player. I wouldnt want to miss on a player, but it could be a realistic thing. Like, I would get happy when I get a 5 star QB as a lower school without scouting him. I then realize that he is a bust and that sets me back another 2-3 seasons.

# 28 carvis#15 @ 05/31/12 05:03 PM
Man this seems cool but my concern is that there seems to be more positive feedback about the recruiting than gameplay. Since the guy kept repeating "work in progress" i'm just hoping that they will smack us across the face with something unexpected at e3.

# 29 illwill10 @ 05/31/12 05:03 PM
Recruiting is what sells this game for me. Alot of times last year, I wanted to skip out on playing the games and get right back to recruiting. I can get lost in recruiting.
I like that playstyle is a pitch for recruiting. And that is based on stats. Imagine trying to rebuild a team and needing a QB and RB, do you run alot to get the RB or pass to get the QB. I think it will add another element to recruiting

# 30 TDenverFan @ 05/31/12 05:17 PM
At first I thought it seemed you could recruit way too quickly, but I usually have 20-30 prospects, so I guess that will slow things down. Seemd like there were more drops than rises, but might just be a coincidence.

# 31 cparrish @ 05/31/12 05:30 PM
Why in the world does a WR have a carrying rating of 94 and a spin move rating of 46?

# 32 StoneTomcat @ 05/31/12 05:43 PM
Did anyone notice the 5* Tackle?
I am glad you at least have some kind of great lineman you can recruit.

# 33 sportzbro @ 05/31/12 05:44 PM
I still can't believe this and studio updates were the main additions to dynasty. The scouting feature is nice, but I thought recruiting took too long already.

# 34 illwill10 @ 05/31/12 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
Sure I do play with some of the power teams in NCAA and Madden but the fun of Dynasty and Franchise is to take a struggling team or school and turn them around into a contender. I always liked finding that prospect that would be an impact player right away and immediately make your team better. Then moving on to the next season when you can finally play with that player and see how things go and start turning the team around.
Yea is a very fun playing as a 1-2 star school and turning them around. I plan on starting with Texas State and turning them around and leaving and coming back and staying there.
in NCAA 12, I was with Memphis. I was able to get a speedy WR(3 star). He made big plays. I want to do that this year.

# 35 J-Unit40 @ 05/31/12 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
Why in the word does a WR have a carrying rating of 94 and a spin move rating of 46?
Maybe he can tote the rock, but gets dizzy when he spins and falls down.

I am really liking all the tweaks. Bring on July!

# 36 mestevo @ 05/31/12 05:59 PM
Wonder why you can't have the option presented to go straight to your recruit board after adding recruits. Less menu, more function.

# 37 cparrish @ 05/31/12 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i don't know how i feel about seeing their ratings revealed. I think i'd rather see the weight lifting numbers, 40 & shuttle times, etc. and have to judge a prospect off of that + the scouting system which can tell us how he plays instead of just revealing the ratings.
While I agree with you, the casual fan would have no clue what those numbers mean.

# 38 berad88 @ 05/31/12 06:16 PM
This is looking to be a fun game.

# 39 Vaporub83 @ 05/31/12 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i don't know how i feel about seeing their ratings revealed. I think i'd rather see the weight lifting numbers, 40 & shuttle times, etc. and have to judge a prospect off of that + the scouting system which can tell us how he plays instead of just revealing the ratings.
There are only so many number differences. Meaning if you have 3 DE on your board you wouldn't see much change...
DE#1: 330 Bench 4.82 40 yard dash
DE#2: 340 Bench 4.87 40 yard dash
DE#3: 350 Bench 4.92 40 yard dash
Numbers don't show who a player is it is game film that shows that.

# 40 BA2929 @ 05/31/12 06:49 PM
Things I liked:

1) Only 20 hours of scouting. That'll make it nearly impossible to get a 100% reveal on multiple recruits. If you noticed, it'll take a good 2-4 hours to get 100% on every recruit. You *might* be able to get 100% on 5 guys, and that's if they're all QBs or Safety's - guys with fewer "scoutable" abilities. I mean, the guy only has 7 guys on his list and has only 13 hours left. Hopefully that 20 hours doesn't reset every week though. That'd be horrible.

2) You can see your position needs in the Search area. I don't remember if it was there in NCAA '12 or not, if it was, my bad. I haven't played '12 since March.

3) It's going to feel really good scouting a 3-star QB and hearing the "green arrow noise" over and over again when you're at a small school, showing that you found a gem.

4) They show you the 40 time, the Bench Press and Squat numbers on the Recruit List. I don't believe that's been there before. Once again, haven't played NCAA in a few months and my memory sucks.

5) I do like how that first ATH he scouted was good at both Route Running AND Zone/Man Coverage. That's probably one of those "Triple Threat" guys they talked about. Hopefully every ATH isn't a Triple Threat guy.....

Things I didn't like:

1) The same song is playing that has played for the past few years. BRING BACK FIGHT SONGS IN THE MENUS. I don't enjoy having to turn on my own music while gaming.

2) SPARQ. I hate SPARQ. I don't like seeing a bunch of ATH/WR/HB on the top of the list every season due to SPARQ rating on athleticism. But at least there was a Tackle up there and he was 6'7". I got tired of seeing 6'3" Tackles.

3) Menu Loading. Can't I go from the "Find a Player" area directly to the Recruiting board? Hopefully the loading time goes down when I download the game to the XBOX.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.