Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

Kotaku's Owen Good has posted his NBA Live 13 hands-on preview, as he goes over the presentation and new passing mechanics of the game.

Quote:
There still will be icon passing for those who prefer it or play with it out of habit. But a simple A button with Stoudemire is going to key the entry to Anthony, however clumsy it was. The same single button, with Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook on the perimeter, sent a longer pass out to Thabo Sefolosha, who had come free from an off-the-ball screen, and not to Kevin Durant, who had set it and was in fact nearer, having rolled back to the hoop. That's what I wanted to do, too. This is tied to an AI system in which players are supposed to recognize the most appropriate target in the area you're facing with the left stick.

That's the direction of the pass. The type of pass will work in your favor if you have a skilled passer as much as it will be an adventure in the hands of someone who isn't. Another example: Mario Chalmers, the Heat's point guard, saw Chris Bosh across the lane on the block. Bosh is 6-11; Chalmers is 6-2. A chest pass to Bosh's numbers in this situation is high enough to get deflected. Chalmers slammed a high, one-handed overhand bounce pass instead, hitting Bosh square to begin his move to the basket.

Source - First Look at NBA Live 13 Shows a Game Making Great Passes—Even the Bad Ones (Kotaku)

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Tha_Kid @ 06/04/12 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
If they're scanning the arenas I wonder if they'll get into Barclays once its done before the season/release. I just have this feeling neither game with have the right Nets stuff in it, and would annoy me.

The passing sound miles better than the cluster**** that 2k is sometimes. But it still worries me that by the sounds of it the man you want to pass too many not be the person getting the ball.
Unlikely. It sounds like they're only going to have a couple scanned for 13.

# 42 poloelite @ 06/04/12 12:36 AM
After hearing everything EA had to say about NBA Elite, no one should get excited about anything they say. Wait for the demo. As far as 2k, no game will ever be perfect, but man they have gotten close with 2k11 and 2k12. The proof is always in the games to me.

# 43 poloelite @ 06/04/12 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
The hill is not that big!!
The hill isn't that big, but the mountain 2k has made is impossible lol.

# 44 exposedaking @ 06/04/12 02:52 AM
sounds good, im happy about them putting that ESPN license to use

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

# 45 truintellectplaya @ 06/04/12 08:11 AM
Sounds very much like the AI making decisions for you. The Icon passing is more for the person that wants control. This is a good feature for a casual person that just wants to pick it up and have fun. Let the AI pass to what the AI thinks is the best option. I will be waiting for some real info for the sim crowd.

# 46 DBMcGee3 @ 06/04/12 11:12 AM
Sounds great, but I've gotta see it in action. Hopefully there will be some gameplay videos released at E3.

# 47 thetrueBROSKY @ 06/04/12 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
That screenshot is most likely nba elite 11 with nba live 13 printed on it.

There's no way they would bring back those squatting animations and same skinny player models of the past.
the screenshot is definatley live 13......the stanchions have the BIG logo on it, the NBA's ad campaign from this past season (11-12)

# 48 sooperb @ 06/04/12 02:52 PM
That is a minus in my book. I don't want Steve Nash deciding where I intend to pass the ball. Just like I wouldn't want him to shoot freethrows for me.

# 49 VUUAASSHHH! @ 06/04/12 03:27 PM
If buying Live13 you get NBA JAM as DLC, then EA has an extra card in the pocket. Are we going to see Live13 presentation at E3'12 ?

# 50 ybtherockstar @ 06/04/12 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VUUAASSHHH!
If buying Live13 you get NBA JAM as DLC, then EA has an extra card in the pocket. Are we going to see Live13 presentation at E3'12 ?
Yes NBA Live 13 is going to be showcased at E3 this year.

# 51 thaone08 @ 06/04/12 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybtherockstar
Yes NBA Live 13 is going to be showcased at E3 this year.
They showing the Ea showcase right now and madden looks good so that meanNBA live might look goood

# 52 SuperNoVa27 @ 06/04/12 04:46 PM
Saw a slight glance of NBA Live 13.

# 53 KnicksFan88 @ 06/05/12 12:44 AM
The Graphics Look Great As usual, And I Have Full Confidence The Game Play is Going To Be on Point. What I Want To know Is The Features and the Game Modes. There better be a Dynasty Mode(Hopefully Improved A Little), But Is There Finally Going To Be a My Player Mode Still? And Did They Also Keep The Fiba Game Mode?

# 54 Championships @ 06/05/12 03:38 AM
Gonna make playing as Ricky Rubio, Rondo & Chris Paul much better.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.