Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Just announced in the E3 EA Press Conference: Real Time Physics are in Madden NFL 13 in what is dubbed the Infinity Engine. Cam Weber stated on stage, "No two plays will be the same."

What do you think of what you have saw from Madden thus far today?

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 wallofhate @ 06/04/12 04:52 PM
Im so happy with this announcement!!!! Somdone more computer savvy than me post the animated gif of that guy doing the robot from the Chappelles Show lol

# 82 huntt26 @ 06/04/12 04:52 PM

# 83 carvis#15 @ 06/04/12 04:53 PM
And it's like sooo beautiful. Mike Williams had a 1 handed catch and the corner smashed him and I think it was the safety that added insult to injury.

# 84 videlsports @ 06/04/12 04:53 PM
I can't wait to see

# 85 blklightning @ 06/04/12 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvis#15
YEEAAHHH!!! About time. I kinda started to think Madden's game developers were kind of slow in the head.
The physics look pretty sweet. And I'm loving the addition of the stories and the Twitter feeds. I hope that's a feature of franchise mode.

I think they've hit all the nails I had to hit -- super and psychic defenders, pass trajectory, commentary, bringing franchise mode to life, and giving us some next gen horsepower on the field. This has to be a must buy for me.

# 86 CerebrumMusica @ 06/04/12 04:54 PM
Just when I thought I didn't, I DO want to live on this planet again!

# 87 DIRRTY30 @ 06/04/12 04:54 PM
You would think that since the gameplay team is working on both Madden and NCAA, that this would be in NCAA as well, but I haven't noticed it in any of the videos.

# 88 PackerBacker123 @ 06/04/12 04:57 PM
need a video just got off school!

# 89 Feldman011teen @ 06/04/12 05:00 PM
I've heard this same line before. Maybe they implemented what NHL did. But I see a lack of gang tackling.

# 90 JaymeeAwesome @ 06/04/12 05:01 PM
I'm not too impressed. Physics doesn't affect gameplay at all, just aesthetics. So now the physics will show you an arm being hit to cause a fumble rather than it just be a canned motion. Outcome is the same, it's a fumble. For me it's presentation, gameplay, and then prettiness.

I'll get happy when they show more vids of the presentation and off the field stuff

# 91 RidirkulousPokes @ 06/04/12 05:03 PM
Good riddance NCAA, hello Madden.

That video looked like the second coming of Jesus. I'm in like Matt Flynn.

# 92 jpb07 @ 06/04/12 05:04 PM
I had preordered both Madden and NCAA but if NCAA doesn't get it, I may just switch that preorder to Madden Vita.

Looks like they didn't tough gameplay too much in FIFA and added the UFC. EA seems to be firing on all cylinders. Hopefully the move to the next "next gen" will be better than the last one.

# 93 TCFClemson @ 06/04/12 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
I'm not too impressed. Physics doesn't affect gameplay at all, just aesthetics. So now the physics will show you an arm being hit to cause a fumble rather than it just be a canned motion. Outcome is the same, it's a fumble. For me it's presentation, gameplay, and then prettiness.

I'll get happy when they show more vids of the presentation and off the field stuff
How can you say physics doesnt affect Gameplay?

A player getting stuck in an animation and falling forward for a first down when you have your safety trying to hit him in the face which would have caused him to fall short if he was able to engage the animation? If it is a true physics situation then your safety does pop him causing him to come up short.

That is affecting gameplay.

# 94 Still2REal @ 06/04/12 05:05 PM
NBA elite had physics too

# 95 yungmoney @ 06/04/12 05:05 PM
NCAA just lost a lot of money if there game doesn't have this engine OMG im loving it!!!

# 96 SouthernBrick @ 06/04/12 05:06 PM
Quote:

If no play is ever the same because, of physics then how doesn't it effect gameplay?

# 97 carvis#15 @ 06/04/12 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
The physics look pretty sweet. And I'm loving the addition of the stories and the Twitter feeds. I hope that's a feature of franchise mode.

I think they've hit all the nails I had to hit -- super and psychic defenders, pass trajectory, commentary, bringing franchise mode to life, and giving us some next gen horsepower on the field. This has to be a must buy for me.
They definitely did. Since this showcase, the 3 year plan is going well for them. If it's like this on step two I wonder how step 3 will be. Nice job EA. You truly listened to the fans this year.

# 98 DerkontheOS @ 06/04/12 05:08 PM
For the first time every I am more excited for Madden than NCAA!

# 99 carvis#15 @ 06/04/12 05:08 PM
Quote:

I must say that from the amount of commentary I saw today on E3 things seemed to run pretty smooth. They kinda of gave us a taste when they showed Joe Montana playing the game.

# 100 PGaither84 @ 06/04/12 05:09 PM

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.