Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Just announced in the E3 EA Press Conference: Real Time Physics are in Madden NFL 13 in what is dubbed the Infinity Engine. Cam Weber stated on stage, "No two plays will be the same."

What do you think of what you have saw from Madden thus far today?

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Dime nR @ 06/04/12 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
If NCAA 13 doesnt have physics then its a no go for me. Ive bashed EA long enough. This was a pleasant surprise. Im giving credit where its due it looks good.
Has been announced NCAA 13 won't have the Infinity Engine.

# 142 MattyEdgeworth @ 06/04/12 06:21 PM
Absolutely fanastic news!!!!! I haven't bought a Madden since o9 and was thinking about getting this years, now its one hundred percent certain.

# 143 Dime nR @ 06/04/12 06:28 PM
FINALLY!!!!!

# 144 SteelerSpartan @ 06/04/12 06:32 PM
can't wait until the floor opens up and we get to see this bad boy in action

# 145 Dime nR @ 06/04/12 06:35 PM
That Gore tackle looked AMAZING.

# 146 Bolt957 @ 06/04/12 06:36 PM
This may be EA's year! I might buy Madden for the 1st time since Madden 06 (7 years)!! About time real-time physics has made its way to Madden & things are looking good. My only question is will this be implemented into NCAA this year or what?

# 147 Jet Sufferer @ 06/04/12 06:42 PM
Happy about the announcement. Does this engine apply to line interaction? Or is this engine just about tackling and wr and db's going for the ball, etc.?

If it applies to all the players then it's like a whole new game. If it's limited it should still be a big improvement. I'll buy Madden, I would have even bought NCAA if it had this engine.

I'm not even getting my hopes too high, if it's just feels fun and not too scripted and I can enjoy the single player experience and nice graphics I'll be happy, no I'll be thrilled, because I haven't been happy as a single player offline gamer yet.

I think the physics gives it the best chance of being a somewhat organic sports experience. Let's go Madden, I'm rooting for you, make me like you again, it's been a while...

# 148 sportzbro @ 06/04/12 07:15 PM

# 149 SkillzKillz719 @ 06/04/12 07:42 PM
Thats ****ing depressing.
It's not in NCAA.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/04/e3-2012-slow-your-role-in-ncaa-football-13s-heisman-mode

# 150 PantherBeast_OS @ 06/04/12 07:43 PM
I'm really loving the new RTP they have put in madden13. I'm very impressed right now. Connected careers is ok. I think it will be fun. But it sounds like to me it needs more stuff added to it for Madden14 to make it feel more like a true offline franchise mode. But I guess I can be happy with it until next year I guess. Overall I'm happy with what I'm hearing and seeing about it. Way to go EA.

# 151 treybugg @ 06/04/12 09:03 PM
Go to my page for NBA live 13 screen shots

# 152 K_GUN @ 06/04/12 09:06 PM
I've had several *EA hate* posts through the years.....

.....but I gotta *give props* to EA/Tiburon for finally advancing their product.

nice job guys

# 153 MizzouBravesFan @ 06/04/12 09:09 PM
Mind...blown.

I never thought EA would do it.

This is the first year I can remember where I'm actually considering passing on NCAA and going strictly for Madden...even if I get NCAA, Madden is it for me this year.

# 154 Paulinho @ 06/04/12 09:11 PM
Looks like i am buying Madden for the first time this generation. Depressing this stuff isn't in NCAA 13...

# 155 DIRRTY30 @ 06/04/12 09:14 PM
NCAA is suddenly inferior and obsolete . I may have to rethink my preorder on that.

# 156 K_GUN @ 06/04/12 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief_Macho
biggest disappointment ever coming soon.
Obviously, you're too young to remember the Geraldo Rivera special *Opening Al Capone's Vault* on live TV

# 157 KOTC Wayne @ 06/05/12 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by truintellectplaya
LMAO, how can there ever be real time physics in a programmed game? How can there never be 2 plays the same in a programmed game?
I'm interested myself to see this and I doubt in their first year of ever having it in Madden that it will be close to being 100% so I will hold off on the parade. I'm excited for it but it sounds to good to be true for it to work like it should.

# 158 videlsports @ 06/05/12 12:29 AM
I wanted this in Ncaa but I will be happy it's in Madden good going EA.

# 159 sk @ 06/05/12 12:48 AM
For people wondering whether or not this is just animation based for DB/WRs, it's not.

Look at the ESPN blog. Players fall when running into their own offensive linemen, players can light up defenders in the middle of a tackle animation, etc.

# 160 gamerk2 @ 06/05/12 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by truintellectplaya
LMAO, how can there ever be real time physics in a programmed game? How can there never be 2 plays the same in a programmed game?
Simple: Its a math formula. Its doable with current tech, but VERY hard to compute. I'd *suspect* they used a very slimmed down implementation due to speed reasons, as a bunch of the animations looked stiff (especially when compared to Backbreaker).

Now, how you apply the results of the impact to the players on the field, that's the hardest thing to do. When does a player maintain balance after a hit? Does the condition of the field [IE: Snow] affect player footing? Will you fall over if you clip a OL when running through the hole? There's a LOT that EA either did or did not do, depending on implementation.

Still a good first step, but until I see that the AI doesn't fall flat on its face, I reserve judgement.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.