Home
News Post

EA has posted several new blogs about the new Connected Career's feature today. The developer blog on the feature to replace all of the modes you've come to know in Madden is here. You can read RynoAid's take on the feature here. And finally, here's Dave Searles' take on it on the EA Sports Blog here.

What do you all think??

Member Comments
# 101 K_GUN @ 06/04/12 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
It won't change anything. You can play by yourself, or others can join in. Instead now, you will have the ability to manage things from the web. This is what I was asking for for years. One mode that isn't "offline" or "online". Everything is always "online" all the time, whether you are playing alone or want others to join in.

damn....from the web?!??!......so.....i'm at work on a saturday night...and can hop online(meaning from a PC--not the console)...and tinker with my franchise....say...all the off-season stuff?!.......wow...THAT IS COOL

# 102 jdmsi7 @ 06/04/12 09:57 PM
Very interested to see how the online franchise aspect of it works with 32 user controlled teams as all I've really played in the last few installments of madden was online franchise, I'm hoping it is still possible to run one

# 103 Tweeg @ 06/04/12 10:00 PM
How is progression/regression going to work? I know we can upgrade guys ourselves (not a fan), but how is regression going to work? I also hope there is an option for the players to progress on their own based on stats, like it was in Head Coach 09.

# 104 illwill10 @ 06/04/12 10:05 PM
Can you have multiple careers in different files opposed to in the same file?

When I saw the startup scene for CC, I didnt see "load a career". I dont want to have to retire to do a another career.

# 105 poster @ 06/04/12 10:11 PM
I am definitely excited about this feature. As a RPG'er, I like the possibilities involved. It is a strong base to build on, so hopefully they have planned ahead well and created a system that can be built upon in the years to come, and also into next gen.

It still may not have all of the old PS2 franchise features, but they are getting there. Seems this year, the types of players you have will finally matter, and you will have to build your team accordingly.

Hopefully this leads to a full fledged coaching carousel in future additions, but I like the fact that I can ax Lovie if I want to, and start anew. That or I can get canned and still start as a new coach with the Bears. I can then theorize to myself the storyline on why there was a change.

I never played any of the ultimate team modes, so I am not sure how many legends are involved. Is there a list of all of the coaches or players you can be in M13? It would be sweetness to start a new Walter career as an aside to my main career mode. It could be cool to do it with any number of legends.

# 106 WinMINTwins @ 06/04/12 10:13 PM
I read the blog entry that explains the mode in great detail (Josh Looman's) and I'm now like this.

I would love an explanation in Lehman's terms.

# 107 24 @ 06/04/12 10:34 PM
So let me ask this question. Lets say I create a coach do I play with the entire team (like I would in a normal exhibition game) or do I just call the plays? At the same time if I am a QB can I control what my running back does or am I limited to just that one player.

# 108 Broncos86 @ 06/04/12 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24
So let me ask this question. Lets say I create a coach do I play with the entire team (like I would in a normal exhibition game) or do I just call the plays? At the same time if I am a QB can I control what my running back does or am I limited to just that one player.
Making a coach = same level of control as Madden 12.

Short answer: yes
Long answer: yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

# 109 Rancid Radio @ 06/04/12 10:52 PM
They finally listened.

This sounds fantastic!

# 110 RogueHominid @ 06/04/12 10:52 PM
Wow. I could care less about the online aspects, but the emphasis on schemes, dynamic ratings, dynamic draft classes--all that pretty much makes me want to sell Madden '12 now. I really don't think I can play it again knowing what CC is bringing to the table. I'm blown away.

Ryno, this has become a really long thread, so I can't tell if it's already been asked, but this ability to allocate XP to different categories with your players--is that completely wide open? That's the only thing that sounded iffy to me. I don't want to be able to make my WR catch better if I choose just because I put in field time. I may just be misunderstanding the feature though.

All in all, great writeup on a great feature.

# 111 Broncos86 @ 06/04/12 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Wow. I could care less about the online aspects, but the emphasis on schemes, dynamic ratings, dynamic draft classes--all that pretty much makes me want to sell Madden '12 now. I really don't think I can play it again knowing what CC is bringing to the table. I'm blown away.

Ryno, this has become a really long thread, so I can't tell if it's already been asked, but this ability to allocate XP to different categories with your players--is that completely wide open? That's the only thing that sounded iffy to me. I don't want to be able to make my WR catch better if I choose just because I put in field time. I may just be misunderstanding the feature though.

All in all, great writeup on a great feature.
You choose where the XP goes. So if you want to pour all your XP into speed, so be it. It's based on goals. So just playing practice mode doesn't award you XP. You need to reach the goal for that practice mode. Once you do, you're awarded XP, and you can spend it as you will.

# 112 G_Unit88 @ 06/04/12 11:09 PM
I am a little confused about this new feature. I've read the article, and my particular concern is featured around offline franchise. Say if my franchise gets boring and I want to start all over with another team. Will I have the ability to start from year 1 again or will I be at year X with my new team?

Thanks

# 113 Mparas1432 @ 06/04/12 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Unit88
I am a little confused about this new feature. I've read the article, and my particular concern is featured around offline franchise. Say if my franchise gets boring and I want to start all over with another team. Will I have the ability to start from year 1 again or will I be at year X with my new team?

Thanks
You'll be at Year X.

# 114 G_Unit88 @ 06/04/12 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mparas1432
You'll be at Year X.

Will there be an option to start all over from Year one? Say if I want to play as RG III in his rookie year and not year 5 or beyond???

# 115 G_Unit88 @ 06/04/12 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJACK
You would just start a new career. A new save file if you wanted to do that.
Oh, alright, that's nice.

Thanks.

# 116 gausec @ 06/04/12 11:26 PM
I'm really excited for this the integration seems very deep. This has the potential to be the best madden yet. I have a question though when you create a coach does anyone know if you only call the plays like head coach, or play like the traditional games?

# 117 Heroiczero13 @ 06/04/12 11:32 PM
Holy schnikes! Okay reading through the entirety of Josh Looman's piece on connected careers has me extremely excited now. I cannot wait. Now to go pre-order it on Amazon (15 dollar credit is good, though I really wish they would have just lowered the price. Either way, it is still a deal).

# 118 ConnSKINS26 @ 06/05/12 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gausec
I'm really excited for this the integration seems very deep. This has the potential to be the best madden yet. I have a question though when you create a coach does anyone know if you only call the plays like head coach, or play like the traditional games?
Choosing to create a coach, play as a legendary coach, or play as an existing NFL coach, basically puts you in the position you've always been in for offline franchise mode in the past: HC/OC/DC/GM all in one. You can control every player and pick every play, pick the playbook, scout players, sign FA's, etc. Its the "classic franchise" choice, basically.

# 119 Td1984 @ 06/05/12 12:08 AM
Since you can't import draft classes from NCAA this year, does that also mean we can't import our RTGs?

# 120 Smooth Grizzly @ 06/05/12 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroiczero13
Holy schnikes! Okay reading through the entirety of Josh Looman's piece on connected careers has me extremely excited now. I cannot wait. Now to go pre-order it on Amazon (15 dollar credit is good, though I really wish they would have just lowered the price. Either way, it is still a deal).
its 45 at toys r us

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.