Home
News Post

EA has posted several new blogs about the new Connected Career's feature today. The developer blog on the feature to replace all of the modes you've come to know in Madden is here. You can read RynoAid's take on the feature here. And finally, here's Dave Searles' take on it on the EA Sports Blog here.

What do you all think??

Member Comments
# 121 shaunlmason @ 06/05/12 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Also, I love the way you guys interact over at TSO, seems like a fun group of gamers.
Come find out.

# 122 Sanchez_Mareno @ 06/05/12 12:34 AM
So if i want to do an offline connected career and play the games as the Patriots, i select; play as Bill Belichick/NE Coach?

# 123 S C 0 0 Z E @ 06/05/12 12:52 AM
Question; Say I choose the Titans in CC and choose RB Chris Johnson. Do I only control Chris Johnson or am I able to control the QB and pass and control the defense? Or would I have to choose the HC to be able to play offense and defense? (Like original franchise mode)

# 124 roadman @ 06/05/12 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez_Mareno
So if i want to do an offline connected career and play the games as the Patriots, i select; play as Bill Belichick/NE Coach?
Belichick's name won't be in the game, but yes, you would select NE Coach and perform everything you did offline as last year.

# 125 roadman @ 06/05/12 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S C 0 0 Z E
Question; Say I choose the Titans in CC and choose RB Chris Johnson. Do I only control Chris Johnson or am I able to control the QB and pass and control the defense? Or would I have to choose the HC to be able to play offense and defense? (Like original franchise mode)
Choosing to be a player is similar to playing Superstar Mode. Choosing to be the HC will be like original franchise mode, offense and defense.

# 126 gamerk2 @ 06/05/12 12:58 AM
See Ian Cummings? THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WANTED FOR YEARS NOW!

Thank god that idiot got replaced.

# 127 S C 0 0 Z E @ 06/05/12 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Choosing to be a player is similar to playing Superstar Mode. Choosing to be the HC will be like original franchise mode, offense and defense.
Thanks. I'll probably do both.

# 128 Wildcats302 @ 06/05/12 01:01 AM
So, how do the classical players/coaches fit into this? You can only add a classical player to your team if you control just him? I'd like to add a Barry Sanders but control the team as a coach. That would be really fun, but not sure if that is possible.

Sanders with the new psychics...WOW!!!!

# 129 NowAndLaterCARZ @ 06/05/12 01:03 AM
I wonder if they got rid of community vs community team play or somehow combined that feature with connected careers. Similar to fifa's club mode. Maybe multiple users on a single team if u want your friends to play along side you. Say if you're a QB and you want a friend at RB or WR with their career created player

# 130 ConnSKINS26 @ 06/05/12 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowAndLaterCARZ
I wonder if they got rid of community vs community team play or somehow combined that feature with connected careers. Similar to fifa's club mode. Maybe multiple users on a single team if u want your friends to play along side you. Say if you're a QB and you want a friend at RB or WR with their career created player
Pretty sure its been confirmed that you can't do that. Online at least (don't know about offline), only one player or coach per team.

# 131 HammerOfGod @ 06/05/12 02:06 AM
I may be the only one, but I just don't care about this whatsoever. I hate RPG elements being present in sports games. I wasn't hyped about this game, and today has done nothing to change my opinion.

# 132 sk @ 06/05/12 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerOfGod
I may be the only one, but I just don't care about this whatsoever. I hate RPG elements being present in sports games. I wasn't hyped about this game, and today has done nothing to change my opinion.
If adding real time physics, players returning to school prior to the draft only to appear in the next seasons draft, players having different ratings to different teams based on team/player play style, being able to trade draft picks online, etc doesn't excite you then what will?

What, do you need to see a game come with goggles and football to have a virtual experience?

# 133 raidertiger @ 06/05/12 03:33 AM
Can we simulate seasons? I don't want to play any games at all in some franchises, I just want to rebuild a team.

# 134 Nza @ 06/05/12 03:35 AM
Why I think this is a good thing - it means when EA add a feature to connected careers, it spans across Superstar, Franchise, OF etc.

Why I think this is a bad thing - if that feature is lame, then it makes more of a negative impact. I can already sense some real gimmicky stuff from what has been announced so far in CC that strays far away from my ideal offline franchise mode.

It makes a lot of sense though - centralizing all these modes into one should help focus Madden.

# 135 HammerOfGod @ 06/05/12 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxsong
If adding real time physics, players returning to school prior to the draft only to appear in the next seasons draft, players having different ratings to different teams based on team/player play style, being able to trade draft picks online, etc doesn't excite you then what will?

What, do you need to see a game come with goggles and football to have a virtual experience?
RTP is a great addition. The other stuff just feels gimmicky to me. I haven't played Madden for 3 years, and I've put very little time into NCAA for the last two. I guess I'm just honestly done with all things EA Sports. Like you said, if this doesn't excite me... It could also speak to my quickly dying interest in real-life football as well.

# 136 silveredge96 @ 06/05/12 04:06 AM
hey if there is a cpu coaching change will they use the new coach's playbooks? I hated it in years past when teams always used their default playbooks in franchise mode no matter who the coach was.

# 137 brahmagoul @ 06/05/12 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
Can we simulate seasons? I don't want to play any games at all in some franchises, I just want to rebuild a team.
I don't see why not. I think I read about being a coach, which should allow you to do this. I ask myself questions like this, then realize it probably is yes. For example, he mentioned you could still play a franchise with 32 user-controlled teams.

# 138 msdm27 @ 06/05/12 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmagoul
I don't see why not. I think I read about being a coach, which should allow you to do this. I ask myself questions like this, then realize it probably is yes. For example, he mentioned you could still play a franchise with 32 user-controlled teams.
I believe this is wrong, Dewiel has basically confirmed one user can only control one team/player on CCM.

# 139 cattlekiller @ 06/05/12 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnSKINS26
Pretty sure its been confirmed that you can't do that. Online at least (don't know about offline), only one player or coach per team.
For me at least this is a pretty big limitation.So if I have 3 friends that all love Tampa Bay and what to play each as a player on defense online on the same team that cant happen.Not all my friends are good at madden , and yes they will get most likely quit before long due to have to compete with other friends who are better at madden.

Football is a team sport , but EA takes the team aspect out of it completely in my opinion.Last year or whatever year they added a coop mode for one game at a time but with zero replay value.I just dont know why big game companies think we want to compete with our friends all the time.Sure its a game , but succeeding is a coop game is far more rewarding to me than beating my friend before halftime has started.

Sure all this other stuff sounds great.But I am sure it will have more limitations that are not mentioned.I guess they are moving in the right direction , maybe next year(wow I've been saying that a long time now)...

# 140 jrivera34 @ 06/05/12 05:06 AM
First Johan pitches the first ever no hitter in Mets history, now this! Very excited for Madden like I am a teenager again (& I am 37 now lol). So excited that I even preordered the game.

If all works well I can finally stop praising NFL2K5 and enjoy Madden again. Like many others I never wanted to see EA fail, I just wanted to see this type of effort.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.