Home
News Post

EA has posted several new blogs about the new Connected Career's feature today. The developer blog on the feature to replace all of the modes you've come to know in Madden is here. You can read RynoAid's take on the feature here. And finally, here's Dave Searles' take on it on the EA Sports Blog here.

What do you all think??

Member Comments
# 161 Aftershock9958 @ 06/05/12 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak10
I just hope when u create a player it won't put u over guys like manning or brady as in past years.. I kinda actually wanna earn my starting job not jump into it..
When you create a player you choose a backstory including first rounder, mid rounder, or UDFA, and that will play in on your depth chart position. In many cases you will have to fight your way into the starting lineup.

# 162 bluestreak10 @ 06/05/12 02:16 PM
Awesome thanks

# 163 lilc998 @ 06/05/12 03:26 PM
it is sad that there is no fantasy draft in the connected careers. i know alot of franchise leagues are going to be upset with that one

# 164 Chadmcfly @ 06/05/12 03:35 PM
I never noticed anything in the blogs about relocation, its something that I enjoyed in franchise mode. That being said even if you can't relocate a team CC is looking pretty sweet to me

# 165 mestevo @ 06/05/12 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmcfly
I never noticed anything in the blogs about relocation, its something that I enjoyed in franchise mode. That being said even if you can't relocate a team CC is looking pretty sweet to me
I wouldn't be surprised, with it being a coach mode rather than owner, if this wasn't in this year.

# 166 tetoleetd @ 06/05/12 05:00 PM
ok, so im a bit confused. can someone clear this up for me?

i just want to do a franchise. i dont want to take control of a specific player or coach, i just want to take control of a team and run that team for years.

i might be stupid, but i dont really see anything about this. everything i read seems to be about controlling a specific player or coach.

# 167 msdm27 @ 06/05/12 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
ok, so im a bit confused. can someone clear this up for me?

i just want to do a franchise. i dont want to take control of a specific player or coach, i just want to take control of a team and run that team for years.

i might be stupid, but i dont really see anything about this. everything i read seems to be about controlling a specific player or coach.
Controlling a coach = controlling a team.

# 168 tetoleetd @ 06/05/12 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Controlling a coach = controlling a team.
ahhh ok. so basically being a coach is like the old franchise mode.

does that mean i have contracts to live up to and could get hired/fired based on my performance?

# 169 blklightning @ 06/05/12 05:11 PM
Okay, I was basically sold with the news of new passing, commentary, stat overlays, etc. Then they announced physics and it was awesome. And now this. All in one year. This really is unbelievable. And for the first time in maybe ever, Madden is my most wanted game at the moment. This new development team is awesome.

# 170 StanleyStutters @ 06/05/12 06:51 PM
These feature looks excellent, but I have a few questions:

1. Will we be able to upload draft classes and RTG players from NCAA '13?

2. Is it possible for multiple players to use Connected Careers offline from the same console?

3. Is it possible for two players to be on the same team in CC? For example could two people using an NFL player be teammates? Or could one person be the coach and the other a player?

# 171 themassacre771.1 @ 06/05/12 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyStutters

2. Is it possible for multiple players to use Connected Careers offline from the same console?

3. Is it possible for two players to be on the same team in CC? For example could two people using an NFL player be teammates? Or could one person be the coach and the other a player?
1. No
2. idk
3. No

# 172 illwill10 @ 06/05/12 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyStutters

I think no for all questions

# 173 Meast21Forever @ 06/05/12 07:19 PM
This is what I looked like after reading about half of this blog..

And after the whole thing...

# 174 Jim Jones @ 06/05/12 08:33 PM
Quote:
CPU Proposed Trades

CPU teams will propose trades to each other and to human controlled coaches.
This scares me. I really hope this doesn't end up like MLB The Show where CPU trades are out of control.

# 175 Td1984 @ 06/05/12 08:37 PM
I wonder if we'll have the ability to create teams and use them in CC. It would be awesome to be able to create a team in LA and then play for them in CC.

# 176 chrispepper @ 06/05/12 09:23 PM
One question I do have...

With the new progression system utilising xp instead of the 'potential rating', there is now no cap to the level a player can reach. But how exactly does a player regress?

# 177 cattlekiller @ 06/06/12 12:33 AM
For people that just choose to be a player.

Will there be a draft at the start so the player has no clue who he will end up with?

# 178 bichettehappens @ 06/06/12 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispepper
One question I do have...

With the new progression system utilising xp instead of the 'potential rating', there is now no cap to the level a player can reach. But how exactly does a player regress?
Age and failure to meet goals, per Josh Looman

# 179 RynoAid @ 06/06/12 01:43 AM
sorry guys, i wish i had more time to answer all of these questions.. this thread is incredible. I'm so glad you guys are as stoked as I am. I realize i really touted this game for the last few months, but i was really genuinely excited as you guys are now. I will get back here to OS when i get back from LA and answer all the questions i can.

i will never intentionally steer you guys wrong or promote EA just to promote them.. this game is the real deal, truth.

# 180 bailey4mvp @ 06/06/12 02:27 AM
The more i read this the better it sounds, also being from Australia means with no draft importing i don't have to get the game sent to me From the USA and can get it the day it drops.

That is Winning!!!!!!!!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.