Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

These are the team overall ratings from the E3 build so obviously they're not final just yet. What do all you think? Any anomalies?

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 06/08/12 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaRepellent
Is this really a question when we bashed their brains in last year?? Our offense was garbo but that defense was top 5 in the league.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
Yes, beating a team when everybody is injured a year ago before they added a new coaching staff, upgraded at many positions, and got their players back from injury is definitely a good argument to have a higher overall.

# 122 spartyon6686 @ 06/08/12 11:46 AM
Redskins higher than Lions???

# 123 sketchy1 @ 06/08/12 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Mig_11
they are rated lower than I anticipated. Same with my 9ers.
ratings def lower across board, but how on earth can you make a comment like that? you realize the 9ers are ranked behind only FOUR teams right? until they have a better QB, i think that's about as good as they can get.

# 124 mjhyankees @ 06/08/12 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbowers7
Cracks me up people complaining about ratings and records. Since when does your record of the previous season judge how good of a football team you are? Giants 9-7 (by your guys complaints) would be mediocre, but wait.. they won the Superbowl?

And I think they should be higher than the Eagles and maybe some other teams. They were 9-7 not due to personnel and ability but to a rash of injuries where they did not have any of there starting skill positions on the field together all year until the playoffs...same with D injuries....but then look how they played in the playoffs. I know all teams have injuries but to me their ovr should not be based on record but on the collective ability of the players.

# 125 Instant C1a55ic @ 06/08/12 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Birdman
I don't like the Broncos being rated lower than the Chargers big time since we just came off of winning the division and on top of that replacing Tebow with Manning to me seems like a nice upgrade...
Couldnt agree more. However i guess it must tie to Peytons overall as well. Is he even in the 90's anymore?

I dont want to sound biased because i am a bronco fan, and i know every fan of every team is gonna say they improved, but we have Peyton Freakin Manning and that is a GIANT upgrade over Tim Tebow.

# 126 PioneerRaptor @ 06/08/12 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Birdman
That bolded part is one of the biggest reason I have a problem with the current ratings. Because Chemestry and coaching aren't calculated in and isn't represented in the game in any way. Eagles gathered big name players yes, but not exactly ones I would say that fit their scheme. But there isn't a ratings hit for it. I would love to see a chemestry rating involved so you can't go grab big name players that don't fit your scheme and see them regress or not gel and play poorly.
I definitely agree with what you are saying. Chemistry and Coaching should have an affect on the overall rating of a team. However, it doesn't, so when we look at these ratings and bitch and moan, we must take note that it is based PURELY on TALENT.

They did say that overalls are now different factoring in schemes and stuff which is a great step, however, they need to find a way to make chemistry and coaching matter.

# 127 Feldman011teen @ 06/08/12 02:30 PM
Let me know when the Panthers are 90, which is what they should be.

# 128 Feldman011teen @ 06/08/12 02:31 PM
And in no way are the Pigeons better on paper than the Panthers. The kings of one and done.

# 129 87Birdman @ 06/08/12 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PioneerRaptor
I definitely agree with what you are saying. Chemistry and Coaching should have an affect on the overall rating of a team. However, it doesn't, so when we look at these ratings and bitch and moan, we must take note that it is based PURELY on TALENT.

They did say that overalls are now different factoring in schemes and stuff which is a great step, however, they need to find a way to make chemistry and coaching matter.
Yeah I would love to see a chemistry rating, and with the new coaches I would love to see them have stats to that can be raised with points. Give them ratings that could do mutilple things. Like an ability to help team chemistry, or there ability to resign certain positions. And rating to get players to play more consistent, or ratings to help players progress at certain positions.

So coaches could be a big part, and then just give the team a chemsitry rating that goes into how well they play as a team. Low rating could cause more blown plays/assignments. Would be great to see in the future.

# 130 87Birdman @ 06/08/12 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldman011teen
And in no way are the Pigeons better on paper than the Panthers. The kings of one and done.
Isn't it better to be one and done then none and done like the panthers???

# 131 themassacre771.1 @ 06/08/12 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACHADAMS4
Matt Flynn is not going to make you one of the top teams in the league. Nor is Russell Wilson, so either quarterback you use, your not getting by the 49ers, sorry. And this is coming from a Badger and Packer fan.
You're assuming Alex Smith has the season he had last year.

# 132 saintsyadig @ 06/08/12 04:34 PM
Are you kidding with the Saints at a 78? 85+ is fair

# 133 87Birdman @ 06/08/12 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsyadig
Are you kidding with the Saints at a 78? 85+ is fair
Yeah Saints are the top team and 85+ makes them top 3 if not top team. Don't forget they don't have a coach and players are suspended. They had no early draft picks so it isn't like they improved much. So they shouldn't be no 85+ high 70's low 80's is where they should be.

# 134 saintsyadig @ 06/08/12 05:07 PM
At least the low 80s. Defense should be better. Should be

# 135 saintsyadig @ 06/08/12 05:10 PM
Even though we sucked in the draft, I think we won in free agency. Plus a record breaking offense, should be in the 80s

# 136 PatriotsFan12 @ 06/08/12 06:35 PM
Ha Ha Go Patriots lol!!! They should be a 99!!! come out haters and call me what you want, but deep down your all jealous.

# 137 Madwolf @ 06/08/12 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldman011teen
Let me know when the Panthers are 90, which is what they should be.
Based on what? Newton being awesome and the defense being terrible?

I'm a Panthers fan, and the rating we have in the new system is more than fair.

# 138 ConnSKINS26 @ 06/08/12 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
thats true i forgot about them trading up but still who do they have on that team that they derserve an 78? they have a buncha nobody's @ wr,te and most there postions.
How do you forget that they traded up to #2, when they beat out your Browns to do it??

Anyways, you obviously are lacking some knowledge about the Skins roster--

At WR we signed Pierre Garcon and Joseph Morgan. Moss is our slot receiver after being our best rated WR last year.

At RB we have Roy Helu as our best option in Madden. He's got speed hands, and moves.

At TE we have a top-ten TE in Fred Davis.

The OL keeps getting younger and more talented, and the defense is talented but hasn't met its potential.

Never mind RG3. The Skins will be one of the most used teams online this year (which is annoying as an actual Skins fan).

I don't necessarily agree where the Skins are rated in comparison to a bunch of other teams, but the 78 rating itself doesn't jump out as unfair to me.

# 139 Aftershock9958 @ 06/08/12 07:14 PM
As a Cowboy fan I hate the Skins, but I can attest to the fact that they have some serious talent on their team at a lot of positions.

# 140 billyboy316 @ 06/08/12 07:22 PM
As a Bears fan I am truly shocked at their 81 OVR compared to some of the other teams. I think the Bears have a good chance to be good this year but I don't think they are better than the Saints. I also don't think they should be 4 points higher than the Lions.

I guess I just think other teams should be rated a little higher if the Bears are an 81.

Of course these are subject to change so we will see.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.