Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Check out the new NCAA Football 13 Road to Glory screenshots, right here.

EA SPORTS REVEALS FINAL NCAA FOOTBALL 13
PLAYBOOK #5: “ROAD TO GLORY”

The fifth and final EA SPORTS NCAA® Football 13 feature playbook, “Road to Glory”, is now available on the NCAA Football 13 playbook page. As first unveiled in Playbook #4: Heisman® Challenge, the experience of being a college football superstar is now even more exciting with Reaction Time. This feature slows down gameplay during key moments, increasing on-field awareness and opening up more opportunities as you sense how the play will unfold. In addition, NCAA Football 13 lets you customize your experience in Road to Glory with all-new Scouting Reports that detail the upcoming week of practice and Difficulty Options that allow users to choose their challenge.

Reaction Time
First introduced in Playbook #4: Heisman Challenge, Reaction Time throws players into slow motion for a limited amount of time each play. Reaction Time may be limited, but players can refill the meter by scoring touchdowns, converting first downs and making big plays. Once players release the trigger for Reaction Time the game seamlessly transitions back to full speed. Every camera angle for Reaction Time was tuned to bring fans as close to the action as possible without losing track of what’s happening on the field.

While functional in both Heisman Challenge and Road to Glory, Reaction Time in Road to Glory is based completely off a user’s Awareness Rating. The higher a player’s Awareness Rating is, the larger their Reaction Time meter grows. While players may not start off with a large amount of Reaction Time, those who invest in improving their Awareness will eventually see significant dividends.

Scouting Reports
Fans will be greeted with a Scouting Report when entering the brand new College practice facility, which is now equipped with two fields for separate Offensive and Defensive practice. The all-new Scouting Report details important information about the upcoming week of practice – including which players to practice with and what playbooks will be used.

In addition to a brand new College practice facility, more than eight new High School stadiums have been added to Road to Glory, with a variety of backdrops ranging from small towns in the middle of cornfields to downtown of a metropolitan city. These new stadiums bring to life a diverse atmosphere in Road to Glory, especially when importing TeamBuilder teams.

Difficulty Options
A highly requested community update, NCAA Football 13 now allows you to adjust the difficulty modes in Road to Glory. Each level affects your progression for Coach Trust leveling system, XP progression system and gameplay, Players can choose from difficulty settings ranging from Freshman for beginners to Heisman Difficulty for the ultimate challenge.
Quote:
We also spent time tuning our play calling logic so that we could avoid situations like a running play when you’re behind with three seconds left in the game and the ball on the 40 yard line. That will not happen anymore. Instead, we have completely revamped the playcall system to make sure that you are having more fun and getting more of the plays called just for you. Along with tuning the playcalling, we also tuned the amount of Recruiting Points you get in High School. Last year, you were getting a lot of points on Offense and not as many on Defense, so we adjusted both.
Quote:
Perhaps the most frustrating aspect of Road to Glory in the past was the lack of touches for your player. This year the play-calling has been tuned to provide more carries for running backs and more pass plays for quarterbacks. Now your player will have more opportunities to shine and in turn, make the mode more enjoyable.

Another top community request added to the mode is the ability to return kicks and punts. This ability will be available for running backs, wide receivers, and also defensive backs. With the improved punt return system in game - as well as Reaction Time (which I'll discuss next) - the ability to return kicks will give your player an additional avenue to earn Legend Points and change the momentum of a game.

For those of you that missed the webcast, The Gaming Tailgate has posted plenty of details.

Road to Glory Improvements:
  • Difficulty Levels - Each level effects Gameplay difficulty, Coach Trust Points and XP Points (Time until starter: Freshman - 5 weeks, Varsity - 8 weeks, AA - 13 weeks, Heisman - 18 weeks)
  • Kick Return (KR & PR) - Depth chart determines whether you return or not. Positions that can return: WR, S, HB, CB. New camera angles for returns.
  • Reaction Time: React to the play by slowing down time and outperforming your opponent. Left Trigger activates, react to the action, release to return.
  • Time Meter for Reaction Time: As you use it, your meter will drain. You auto get 20% of meter back after every play. Gain time back by completing good and great plays. (HS: 5 seconds, College: Awareness - Total Time. Cap: 10 seconds. 3.1 seconds for every play in Practice Mode.)
  • Reaction Time Progression: Can use boosts to improve. Top Skill Upgrade item only one that will give Reaction Time boost.
  • Unique cameras for each position
  • Tuning Update: Playcall - More plays focused on you, more playbooks in HS, better all around playcalling (More passing plays for QBs, more running plays for RBs, more passing plays for WRs_
  • Tuning Update: Recruiting Points - Harder to get Offensive Recruiting Points, Easier to get Defensive Recruiting Points
  • New Practice Features: Scouting Report - Learn everything about your opponent before you play them. Can play on scout team preparing team for upcoming week's foe.
  • Practice Facility: Offensive Field (Scout Team D & 1st Team Offense) & Defensive Field (Scout O & 1st Team Defense)
  • 8 New High School Stadiums: Based on regions of US (11 total)
  • New Award System & Leaderboards: Goals (Position Specific Goals & New Point System) Records: School & NCAA Records)
  • Leaderboards: All-American & Heisman, Varsity

NCAA Football 13 screenshot gallery - Click to view NCAA Football 13 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 steve bartman @ 06/12/12 12:30 AM
Underwhelming additions. No matter though, RTG is nothing more than a placeholder to keep me occupied until rosters come out and I can start some dynasties.

# 102 Jrocc23 @ 06/12/12 04:29 AM
I am just disappointed in this reaction time stuff because it seems like it will replace the strafe button (LT). I like to create a CB in RTG, and I don't see what button they could put that under. Hopefully, you get to take reaction time off, and put strafe back at LT.

# 103 da ThRONe @ 06/12/12 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
FYI. EA tells me custom quarters isn't in. (But the tweet right after that, mentions they want to double check w/ Howell).

I'll report back if I get anything more concrete.
I would hope it's in. It's the only way this mode can have any real value to it. I don't see the point of adding much to other aspects of RTG if the key main attraction is reduced to 5 min quarters.

# 104 BoomerSooner11 @ 06/12/12 09:38 AM
I enjoy this mode, but I'm not going to complain about reaction time because I'm not forced to use it.

# 105 Herky @ 06/12/12 10:08 AM
Well there are some things I like (playcalling improved, being a KR/PR, and difficulty levels in), but the reaction time thing sounds terrible. I don't want gimmicks, I want a realistic football game. It's a silly feature that you can't ignore and I don't like that.

I hope that quarter length can be adjusted. That was a big problem last year.

If they reaction time addition is as silly as it sounds, then I won't be playing RTG. In all honesty it's a feature that hasn't been developed very well. Great idea, poor execution.

# 106 lsutygurfan @ 06/12/12 11:09 AM
Maybe there is a way to turn this "Reaction Time" crap off?

# 107 Jakeboutte @ 06/12/12 12:32 PM
Can we still play both sides of the ball in high school?

# 108 Kevin26385 @ 06/12/12 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsutygurfan
Maybe there is a way to turn this "Reaction Time" crap off?
You are not forced to initiate reaction time. Just play the mode like your normally would!

# 109 Goodolboi55 @ 06/12/12 01:04 PM
Can someone help me out and tell me if they added any new equipment

# 110 EAGLESFAN10 @ 06/12/12 01:06 PM
If I cant adjust the qtr lenghts then I will be mad .... also if they do let us adjust it they bet not put a limit on how far u can put it 2

# 111 cameroncrazie07 @ 06/12/12 04:06 PM
"Another top community request added to the mode is the ability to return kicks and punts. This ability will be available for running backs, wide receivers, and also defensive backs."

YES YES YES! Finally just as I was pissed off about this reaction time crap, they add this in and make me happy. Just please let us adjust the quarter lengths. Any news on when the teambuilder site will be up?

# 112 Exile04 @ 06/12/12 04:46 PM
Please someone just tell whoever at EA that can make the change. i don't want to be apart of your little leaderboard thing because all it is, is chessiers and cheats. i jsut want custom quarter lengths. Give me the option and when go to change the length you can flash a little sign that says "doing this will exculde you from online leaderboards yes or no?" That was easy

# 113 austezie @ 06/12/12 05:45 PM
With the lack of much added depth in Dynasty please tell me there will be scouting reports in that mode and not just RTG

It only makes sense!

# 114 TrapStar215 @ 06/12/12 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Cool a mode i will once again never touch especially because of this stupid reaction time thing. Good job EA
God kid, just don't push LT/L2.

# 115 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 06/15/12 05:50 PM
ppl have been asking to change quarter length for years. i want a new grading system for the defensive side of the ball because shut down corners do not get xp in this game. I can go through an entire game and not have the qaurterback throw it to the receiver the whole game. and i will end up with a really low xp. its just to barebones. and i want more added to your high school career. Add more depth to the ranking of recruits and scouting teams.

# 116 sparkdawg777 @ 06/15/12 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
ppl have been asking to change quarter length for years. i want a new grading system for the defensive side of the ball because shut down corners do not get xp in this game. I can go through an entire game and not have the qaurterback throw it to the receiver the whole game. and i will end up with a really low xp. its just to barebones. and i want more added to your high school career. Add more depth to the ranking of recruits and scouting teams.

Yes, I think they need to go the direction of NHL where you are graded on

Position - Being where you're suppose to be, same could be applied to football. Each play you are in the correct position the score goes up, each time you're out of position it goes down.

Team Play - Could go down for things like penalties, missed tackles. Goes up when you simply don't do these things

-There are also in-game goals that the coach gives Ex: We need to force a turnover, or Don't let them score this drive.

Stats - Simply goes up for tackles, ints, fumble recoveries/forced, TDs, etc. Goes down everytime you give up a TD or maybe a big play.

EDIT: It also needs to be weigthed to where a CB gets more XP than a RB in Position and Team Play where as a RB would get more XP for stats.

# 117 bigbob @ 06/15/12 09:26 PM
One thing I didn't notice before that got me a little excited:

Quote:
Unique cameras for each position
I'm hoping this means they fixed the cameras for people who like to play linebacker/corner/safety. It became extremely annoying that you were forced out of position because the camera did a 360 in the air whenever you were trying to go for an interception, turning you around the opposite way and giving up a big play.

# 118 Hqjj923 @ 06/22/12 08:42 PM
High school allstar game that let's you play online against other rtg players across the nation make it the army allstar game it'll make road to glory REAL!!!!

# 119 Hqjj923 @ 06/22/12 08:49 PM
High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!High school army allstar game!!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!High school army allstar game!!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!!

# 120 mtoo22 @ 06/22/12 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hqjj923
High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!High school army allstar game!!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!High school army allstar game!!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!! High school army allstar game!!!!!
Really...

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.