Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

While most of the Madden NFL 13 news out of E3 seems to be positive, we now have something that could turn into a very big issue. Especially if you enjoy roster editing or use edited rosters created by others.

There seemed to be some confusion about edited rosters. More specifically, if edited rosters could be used in Connected Careers Mode.

I sent a few messages to Justin Dewiel, Community Manager at EA Sports earlier this afternoon and received the following responses.

Quote:
You can edit rosters outside of CC. But you can’t bring them into CC.

If you start a new CCM career after one of Donny Moore’s releases you can start with that new roster.

Basically, we have to rely on Donny Moore's roster updates, throughout the season, instead of grabbing updated rosters from the many talented roster editors out there, or simply editing on our own.

Jean Adams, Art Director for Madden NFL 13, mentioned the following, in his presentation blog, which was posted in late April.

Quote:
Mixing and matching the new NIKE uniforms, cleats, face masks, sleeves and other yet to be released gear will keep me and many gamers out there in edit player for hours.

Hmmm. I somehow doubt many gamers will be playing around much in edit player, if we can't use the edits in anything other than a Play Now session.

Josh Looman, Madden NFL 13 Senior Designer mentioned on Twitter the following glimmer of hope.

Quote:
We just ran out of time. It will be in there at some point in the future.

Does he mean Madden NFL 14 or could the Madden NFL 13 team add the editing ability in a Title Update or fix the issue before its August 28th release date? I think I speak for everyone, when I say the sooner, the better.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 justud @ 06/11/12 07:50 PM
so i'm stuck with an incomplete roster where Luck will be a 90 by week four and Cam will be a 95? NO WAY. Deal Breaker for me...

# 42 jeremym480 @ 06/11/12 07:51 PM
Damn, Madden 13's Connected Careers better have the best logic in a sports game ever. If not, the Nostradamus in me is predicting a mass uprising.

Any word on whether there will be retired numbers yet?

# 43 jmurphy31 @ 06/11/12 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
Clarification: you can still make that roster, you just can only use it in Play Now games.
I understood that part. But playing a bunch of play now games is not my idea of fun.

# 44 DeuceDouglas @ 06/11/12 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan1
I think Madden Developers will quickly realize that they made a pretty huge mistake with this. Franchise mode no longer has replay ability because of it. EA will probably put it back in for M14 but use it as a "New Feature" like they think we're a bunch of idiots.

"This year we're bringing you total control with your team's players and roster in connected careers!"

I can see it now. June 4th, 2013. Los Angeles, California. E3. Cam Weber standing on stage and then in the background a video begins playing of Ray Lewis doing the same speech as this year, but with all sorts of equipment changing on him. Then quickly fade into the player edit screen for a killer player edit montage. [/sarcasm]

In all seriousness, I wasn't expecting us to not be able to edit rosters in any way whatsoever. That is pretty disappointing seeing as how by the time the game comes out final rosters will almost be set.

# 45 SteelerSpartan @ 06/11/12 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I can see it now. June 4th, 2013. Los Angeles, California. E3. Cam Weber standing on stage and then in the background a video begins playing of Ray Lewis doing the same speech as this year, but with all sorts of equipment changing on him. Then quickly fade into the player edit screen for a killer player edit montage. [/sarcasm]

In all seriousness, I wasn't expecting us to not be able to edit rosters in any way whatsoever. That is pretty disappointing seeing as how by the time the game comes out final rosters will almost be set.
Nothing would surprise me at this point.....I was getting good and pumped about the game but now Im not only worried about this years title but also how this stuff is going to affect games beyond that

# 46 DCEBB2001 @ 06/11/12 08:08 PM
LOL! I cannot help but laugh at this. Once again EA shows how horrible they manage stuff. You can't use edited rosters in CC? Unreal! Well looks like 5 years (and going strong) of NOT buying Madden again. Even worse for me, is that nobody can enjoy FBGratings in CC mode.

Great job EA!

# 47 Tweeg @ 06/11/12 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Only way they can fix this problem for Madden 13 is for Donny Moore to completely change his philosophy when it comes to ratings. Such as the following:

USE THE ENTIRE 0 to 99 scale.

Stop giving so many players 90 plus speed.

Stop giving so many defenders play recognition, pursuit, hit power, tackling, block shedding ratings from 88 to 95.

Stop giving everybody high acceleration and agility ratings in the high 80s to mid 90s.

Stop giving players that weight 280 pounds and above 88 speed.

Stop giving 190 pound players 83 strength.

Stop giving so many players a jump rating in the 90s.

So I hope they use common sense this year when they rate the players, since it is their way or the high way. When you have so many players with over the top high ratings, it breaks the game. There is no organic flow to it if everybody have high acceleration, high speed, high agility. Every defender got the tackling ability of Dick Butkus. Every defensive back got the recovery speed of Deon Sanders.

Truly SPREAD OUT THE RATINGS. Use the entire 0 to 99 scale. Stop going from 60 to 99 only.
This + 1,000. An overall rating of 75 should be viewed as a good player. Currently guys in that rating range are third string.

# 48 Jarodd21 @ 06/11/12 08:19 PM
Play now huh? What sense does that make? Who wants to edit rosters to use in Play now. The whole point is to fix the rosters and take it to your franchise..

# 49 bpac55 @ 06/11/12 08:19 PM
Yep this is a total game killer for me. I am an offline franchise guy and NEVER played an online franchise...and I don't plan on it. I love realism and and being able to customize things how I want them. This includes changing draft classes to represent actual players since the imported drafts are so botched up. Well those days are gone. What a total BS move by EA.

Back in April EA made a big deal about presentation with these photos...

Look at all this new stuff that WE CAN'T PUT ON OUR PLAYERS!!!
But hey we can edit them for 1 play now game vs the CPU...score one for us offline playesr.

# 50 BroMontana82 @ 06/11/12 08:21 PM
hate to ask but can you at least use or change the global sliders in CC? this could partially compensate for the lack of custom rosters or edits.

# 51 bpac55 @ 06/11/12 08:21 PM
This is also a direct quote from the Madden Presentation article

By popular demand! Here are some of the new facemasks that have been added to the game...

Mixing and matching the new NIKE uniforms, cleats, face masks, sleeves and other yet to be released gear will keep me and many gamers out there in edit player for hours.

found here....
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...3-presentation

# 52 DCEBB2001 @ 06/11/12 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
This + 1,000. An overall rating of 75 should be viewed as a good player. Currently guys in that rating range are third string.
Hmm...maybe you guys should check out my site if you like this sorta thing...

www.fbgratings.com/members

Updated ratings coming in July for training camps.

# 53 kingsofthevalley @ 06/11/12 08:24 PM
Wow. What makes it worse is I have the biggest OCD when it comes to editing players. Wait a second. Is this just for ratings and body types? We CAN edit equipment in CC mode right? If we can edit equipment, that softens the blow slightly but I still have been getting heavy into editing ratings in 12 to make the game play better.

As big as the addition of the infinity engine is, this damn near cancels it out honestly.

# 54 moneal2001 @ 06/11/12 08:25 PM
no editing in cc

# 55 TreFacTor @ 06/11/12 08:25 PM
Maybe someone here asked for editing to be removed so they can get rid of the roster section here. [sarcasm]

# 56 CM Hooe @ 06/11/12 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMontana82
hate to ask but can you at least use or change the global sliders in CC? this could partially compensate for the lack of custom rosters or edits.
Custom sliders are part of CCM, regardless of online/offline/singleplayer/multiplayer.

# 57 Icarus2k9 @ 06/11/12 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Wow. What makes it worse is I have the biggest OCD when it comes to editing players. Wait a second. Is this just for ratings and body types? We CAN edit equipment in CC mode right? If we can edit equipment, that softens the blow slightly but I still have been getting heavy into editing ratings in 12 to make the game play better.

As big as the addition of the infinity engine is, this damn near cancels it out honestly.
(Shuffles nervously) not a single thing can be edited, sorry sir. Seeing as we'll have to wait for DM rosters to update our CCM mode, it may be a case of you waiting until the first release after the season starts to get all the 2012 equipment updates too, unless players have released what new kit they're going to be wearing....

# 58 dill911 @ 06/11/12 08:27 PM
the thing that blows me away is how rude the madden guys are being. like looman says "we should be happy for the big things instead of complaining about little things" like im sorry but that is rude AF! I work for TV and for Madden to be putting out comments like that in public is pretty outrageous.

and can someone clarify if there is even an offline franchise? because from my understanding im seeing that rosters can be edited outside of CC in the main menu but they can only be used for play now? well maybe the mayans were right. . .

# 59 Tweeg @ 06/11/12 08:29 PM
Such BS that we will have to start our CC with rosters from April(?).

# 60 DeuceDouglas @ 06/11/12 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dill911
the thing that blows me away is how rude the madden guys are being. like looman says "we should be happy for the big things instead of complaining about little things" like im sorry but that is rude AF! I work for TV and for Madden to be putting out comments like that in public is pretty outrageous.

and can someone clarify if there is even an offline franchise? because from my understanding im seeing that rosters can be edited outside of CC in the main menu but they can only be used for play now? well maybe the mayans were right. . .
He said "There will always be little things to complain about. We had much bigger features that were higher priority". He also said in regards to it not making it in "Wasn’t a decision not to. We just ran out of time. It will be in there at some point in the future". That falls on deaf ears though because people aren't really concerned with why it didn't make it into the game.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.