Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

While most of the Madden NFL 13 news out of E3 seems to be positive, we now have something that could turn into a very big issue. Especially if you enjoy roster editing or use edited rosters created by others.

There seemed to be some confusion about edited rosters. More specifically, if edited rosters could be used in Connected Careers Mode.

I sent a few messages to Justin Dewiel, Community Manager at EA Sports earlier this afternoon and received the following responses.

Quote:
You can edit rosters outside of CC. But you can’t bring them into CC.

If you start a new CCM career after one of Donny Moore’s releases you can start with that new roster.

Basically, we have to rely on Donny Moore's roster updates, throughout the season, instead of grabbing updated rosters from the many talented roster editors out there, or simply editing on our own.

Jean Adams, Art Director for Madden NFL 13, mentioned the following, in his presentation blog, which was posted in late April.

Quote:
Mixing and matching the new NIKE uniforms, cleats, face masks, sleeves and other yet to be released gear will keep me and many gamers out there in edit player for hours.

Hmmm. I somehow doubt many gamers will be playing around much in edit player, if we can't use the edits in anything other than a Play Now session.

Josh Looman, Madden NFL 13 Senior Designer mentioned on Twitter the following glimmer of hope.

Quote:
We just ran out of time. It will be in there at some point in the future.

Does he mean Madden NFL 14 or could the Madden NFL 13 team add the editing ability in a Title Update or fix the issue before its August 28th release date? I think I speak for everyone, when I say the sooner, the better.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 bigdfan76 @ 06/11/12 11:20 PM
I am a little confused. Do we still have the basic editing capabilites such as editing position or jersey #? Editing a player's position is kind of a must because of roster limits and moving guys around(imparticularly DL,OL,LBs and kinda DBs). And of course jersey numbers because the cpu auto assigns jersey #s after trade and FA signings. While editing ratings is a HUGE loss that may or may not eventually make it in...I can live with out it for 1 year, I guess. But the basics(jersey #s and pos) need to be there. Can anyone answer this question?

# 142 themassacre771.1 @ 06/11/12 11:21 PM
Not sure on POS, but def no for numbers

# 143 Outkizast @ 06/11/12 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdfan76
I am a little confused. Do we still have the basic editing capabilites such as editing position or jersey #? Editing a player's position is kind of a must because of roster limits and moving guys around(imparticularly DL,OL,LBs and kinda DBs). And of course jersey numbers because the cpu auto assigns jersey #s after trade and FA signings. While editing ratings is a HUGE loss that may or may not eventually make it in...I can live with out it for 1 year, I guess. But the basics(jersey #s and pos) need to be there. Can anyone answer this question?
No editing of any kind. Not #'s, not positions, not equipment, nothing.

# 144 jeremym480 @ 06/11/12 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHHBigFan
Any chance this gets "added" before August? (Or via patch after August?)
It will be added as DLC at a low, low price of $2.99 per edit.

Spoiler

# 145 themassacre771.1 @ 06/11/12 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast

# 146 J-Unit40 @ 06/11/12 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outkizast
This is seriously silly. How can we not be able to edit anything? I can see maybe not adjusting ratings during CC, but guys should be able to tweak stuff before going into a CC. Especially for offline or equipment and jersey number edits.

There is decent amount of time before this game is finished still. Who knows.

# 147 DeuceDouglas @ 06/11/12 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
It's ridiculous to claim roster editing is only for a niche audience when every major sports title released today has it.
I never said roster editing was only for a niche audience. I said 32 team control, NCAA import, and fantasy draft were the niche groups hit the hardest. And just because every major sports title released has something, doesn't mean everybody uses or utilizes it.

# 148 themassacre771.1 @ 06/11/12 11:36 PM
Look at how many people are upset by this. I would hardly call it a "little thing". That's making me more mad at this point than anything.

# 149 TrapStar215 @ 06/11/12 11:39 PM
I can honestly say it this is not in come end of July (basically the fail-safe), I will never purchase Madden 13. Save my $65 and buy some sneakers or something.

Think about this, the rookies you draft you can never edit them. They have to wear whatever number and equipment to CPU generates for them. So I could potentially have my starting QB, RB or WR looking like this.....

# 150 DeuceDouglas @ 06/11/12 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
I can honestly say it this is not in come end of July (basically the fail-safe), I will never purchase Madden 13. Save my $65 and buy some sneakers or something.

Think about this, the rookies you draft you can never edit them. They have to wear whatever number and equipment to CPU generates for them. So I could potentially have my starting QB, RB or WR looking like this.....

Come on, now. I must be stupid because I fail to see the way not having the ability to edit players all of a sudden makes QB's look like linebackers from the 80's and makes lineman look like punters from the 70's.

# 151 alifeincomplete @ 06/11/12 11:46 PM
I was overjoyed when I read the Connected Careers blog. I was chuckling and finding great affinity for the creative minds behind the new game when I was listening to the podcasts about the intricacies of this game and how it affected the player. It really brought me back to a mindset that I hadn't been in since I was a kid, playing Tecmo on SNES with my brother. I was happy. For the first time in a while, I was genuinely excited for Madden because it felt like they were finally turning the corner.

Since then, it has been one mild annoyance after another that slowly built in a smoldering disdain for a game that I have not yet played. No NCAA importing players. Okay, that's fine with me. I can live without it because it never really worked in the first place. No 32 team control upset me. No editing in Connected Careers (to the point of not being able to change jersey numbers...) made me a sad, panda, but I lived with it (albeit, it wasn't nearly as draconian) in '11 and I figured I could just roll with a heavily edited original roster. Nope. Not any more.

For once, I can rage like a fat kid in a candy shortage. Unless something changes, I'm going to vote on Madden 13 with my wallet.

# 152 pinksheets @ 06/11/12 11:46 PM
Yeah, this makes this game a no-buy for me. I can't live with Donny Moore's arbitrary ratings, knocking players awareness or speed down due to injury or release, etc. Knocking up other areas simply to get higher overalls, so on and so on. It's piss poor. Since I almost exclusively play "franchise" or whatever they want to call it this year, I don't see the point and will hope Madden 14 isn't a beta test I guess.

# 153 TrapStar215 @ 06/11/12 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Come on, now. I must be stupid because I fail to see the way not having the ability to edit players all of a sudden makes QB's look like linebackers from the 80's and makes lineman look like punters from the 70's.
Have you never seen the stuff generated rookies where???!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

# 154 themassacre771.1 @ 06/11/12 11:49 PM
Quote:
It seriously happens man. You draft a rookie QB. And some magical way he has a big ole facemask and elbow pads

# 155 DeuceDouglas @ 06/11/12 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
Have you never seen the stuff generated rookies where???!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
The NCAA imports and UDFA's last year were the only place I saw any issues as far as rookies equipment. Any players I drafted or other teams drafted looked fine.

# 156 The Senator @ 06/11/12 11:52 PM
This is absurd, and the final nail in the coffin for me. I was around 50/50 due to the lack of 32 team control and removal of in-franchise/CC edits, but not even being able to take my friggin edited roster into the CC mode is beyond asinine! There's certain players and types of players I always trade for onto my team, and to have to use the default squads and deal with what will inevitably be annoying trade logic will make that darned near impossible.

# 157 SnakeEyez @ 06/11/12 11:53 PM
One step forward always = two steps back with new features.

Draft import failure and roster editing failures are major fails.

# 158 DeuceDouglas @ 06/11/12 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themassacre771.1
It seriously happens man. You draft a rookie QB. And some magical way he has a big ole facemask and elbow pads
I'm not saying it doesn't happen but I would say the instances in which they happen are far from being regular.

# 159 themassacre771.1 @ 06/11/12 11:55 PM
Quote:
I'm not saying it doesn't happen but I would say the instances in which they happen are far from being regular.
But, if they do happen, which they will. Wouldn't you like to be able to fix it in 15 seconds instead of seeing it for 15 seasons?

# 160 H4wduk3n @ 06/11/12 11:58 PM
Heard about infinity engine - swapped ncaa and madden preorders. Heard about this - I'm sorry devs - i LOVE what i see from gameplay but this is a GAMEBREAKER for me.
So now I'm back to my ncaa pre-order. If they patch editing into 13 then I'll buy - otherwise may pick up used (I don't play online).

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.