Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Because I have been asked about this via Twitter and email so often, I wanted to make sure people were aware.

Justin Dewiel, Community Manager for EA Sports, just confirmed via Twitter (just follow the timeline), if you coach a team, you can no longer play other games on the schedule, only the game(s) on your own schedule.

For example. Rgiles asked if he could coach the Cowboys in CCM, but play the Patriots vs. Browns game.

Justin stated that it is not possible, because CCM is based around you and your character (coach or player).

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SteelerSpartan @ 06/12/12 03:35 PM
We can't even switch to the team we want to play with(Play Game) and then switch back before advancing to the next week????

# 2 cuttingteeth @ 06/12/12 03:35 PM
I hear the four horsemen of the apocalypse coming...

# 3 bcruise @ 06/12/12 03:37 PM
The writing was on the wall for this one when the news of only 1 team control broke.

# 4 ch46647 @ 06/12/12 03:40 PM
I havent commented on much of this because I am more of a gameplay guy and am happy with what they implemented this year. However, they really did take a lot of control away from users when implementing CC. Hopefully EVERYTHING in CC we do have works to perfection and it is not a buggy mess. That may send these forums off the deep end.

# 5 Gilley @ 06/12/12 03:40 PM
Holy cow. I might as well buy Madden 97.

# 6 msdm27 @ 06/12/12 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
We can't even switch to the team we want to play with(Play Game) and then switch back before advancing to the next week????
The question now becomes: Does the game automatically advance after you've played 1 game each week? I know the answer is no, because you'd still probably have to do other tasks in the "checklist" screen BUT... can we please get info on if after you've played ONE game, all the other games are automatically simulated?

# 7 Senator Palmer @ 06/12/12 03:41 PM
I'm just gonna let Ron say it for me...

# 8 Moegames @ 06/12/12 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk504
This doesn't really affect me because I only use one team... but it's about to get real ugly in here
agreed..some of the regular's around here will have a field day with this thread..mark my words.

# 9 cuttingteeth @ 06/12/12 03:44 PM
Madden 13...now featuring:

No full customization of rosters.
No Editing of players in CCM
No Import Draft Classes
No 32 team control
No Fantasy Draft
No offline co-op play
No custom playbooks
No playing games except those of the ONE team you select for CCM

....I wish I had the gif of Bart Scott saying, "CAN'T WAIT."

# 10 JerzeyReign @ 06/12/12 03:46 PM
They are really killing offline, smh...

# 11 SteelerSpartan @ 06/12/12 03:47 PM

I so want to feel positive about this game.....but its just been a barrage of things now that Im really going to have to sacrifice to be able to enjoy the game

# 12 Gilley @ 06/12/12 03:49 PM
I just don't understand what they're trying to do with the game. It cant be hard to leave thing in the game.

# 13 JerzeyReign @ 06/12/12 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth

No Import Draft Classes
No 32 team control
No Fantasy Draft
No offline co-op play
No custom playbooks

# 14 splff3000 @ 06/12/12 03:50 PM
Insert "end of the world" comment here.............

# 15 MrChainsaw @ 06/12/12 03:51 PM
Yikes. What on earth is EA thinking?

# 16 xcef2005 @ 06/12/12 03:52 PM
I've been very respectful on this forum because while I'm greatly disappointed by the choices EA is making to franchise mode I still know there's nothing I can do about except refuse to buy the game. With that said though EA should make 32 different versions of this game at a discount price. One version per team since it appears the other 31 don't matter once you pick your team.

# 17 msdm27 @ 06/12/12 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth

No Import Draft Classes
No 32 team control
No Fantasy Draft
No offline co-op play
No custom playbooks

Hey, on the brightside... You'll now get a full Pokemon experience trying to level up your players by gaining XP after practices and meeting goals.

I fully expect them to introduce the ability for my players to have traits like "Thunderbolt", "Flamethrower" or "Watergun"

I know, I know... I used to watch Pokemon

# 18 Bigmac612 @ 06/12/12 03:53 PM
*calls Alex Jones* total control??...The Illuminati has there hands all over this game loll

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 19 JerzeyReign @ 06/12/12 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Hey, on the brightside... You'll now get a full Pokemon experience trying to level up your players by gaining XP after practices and meeting goals.

I fully expect them to introduce the ability for my players to have traits like "Thunderbolt", "Flamethrower" or "Watergun"

Personally, I wish they were water benders, earth benders, fire benders, and of course an air bender, which of course has to be Tebow because he's such a special player.

Them killing offline will certainly force the people who buy the game used online eventually. At first, I was cool with them sacrificing stuff but they are completely neutering the offline experience.

# 20 xcef2005 @ 06/12/12 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27

What? CALVIN JOHNSON JR is evolving!

*Waits*

Congratulations your CALVIN JOHNSON JR evolved into MEGATRON!

« Previous1234567892829Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.