Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Because I have been asked about this via Twitter and email so often, I wanted to make sure people were aware.

Justin Dewiel, Community Manager for EA Sports, just confirmed via Twitter (just follow the timeline), if you coach a team, you can no longer play other games on the schedule, only the game(s) on your own schedule.

For example. Rgiles asked if he could coach the Cowboys in CCM, but play the Patriots vs. Browns game.

Justin stated that it is not possible, because CCM is based around you and your character (coach or player).

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 outkaz79 @ 06/12/12 05:43 PM

# 62 DaCarver13 @ 06/12/12 05:45 PM
The pictures and sarcasm is getting old. It is no wonder I rarely write on these forums. Too many children.

# 63 aholbert32 @ 06/12/12 05:48 PM
Does the season automatically sim to the next week once you complete your team's game? If not, you can always become a coach on another team and play its game.

# 64 StL_RamZ @ 06/12/12 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Madden 13...now featuring:

No full customization of rosters.
No Editing of players in CCM
No Import Draft Classes
No 32 team control
No Fantasy Draft
No offline co-op play
No custom playbooks
No playing games except those of the ONE team you select for CCM

....I wish I had the gif of Bart Scott saying, "CAN'T WAIT."
Smh they will all be "NEW FEATURES" next year

# 65 bcruise @ 06/12/12 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Does the season automatically sim to the next week once you complete your team's game? If not, you can always become a coach on another team and play its game.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you have to retire a coach to switch teams. Kinda defeats the purpose of improving your coach only to retire him if you want to play another team's game.

# 66 Suntan Superman @ 06/12/12 05:52 PM
Quote:

No Import Draft Classes
No 32 team control
No Fantasy Draft
No offline co-op play
No custom playbooks

Only three of these are real travesties

# 67 TajDeni @ 06/12/12 05:57 PM
so does this mean that if you dont make it to the playoffs, superbowl or probowl. youll have to find out who won those games via the new twitter feeds.

skip bayless commets via twitter when asked what he thought about the complete removal of features because of the new CC mode....

its asi9, asi10, asi11, asi12!

# 68 jlfarris @ 06/12/12 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Oh noes I can't control all the teams and make sure the one team I want to win every year in franchise mode does? WORLD ENDING!

I can't fathom why people ask or even want that either in madden or NHL. Makes no sense to me.
Let me spell this out for you: I choose one team in franchise. My kids (3 of them) choose other teams. We like to see who has the best season(s). I'm not trying to make my team win out the easy way...I'm trying to play Madden in franchise mode with my kids because it's one way we spend time together. I'm not going to buy 3 more consoles and the family Live Gold pack to do this. Plus, we've also used Fantasy draft for our franchises. So, there go 2 HUGE features for us, and we'll have to stick with Madden 12 for at least another year.

So, to say that players who want that feature are trying to win at all costs is ignorant at best.

# 69 statum71 @ 06/12/12 06:05 PM
Steve,

I thought they did say in the blog that you could still play multi-player with 32 human teams?

Can't you just start one with 32 coaches and control all teams?

# 70 TrapStar215 @ 06/12/12 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
This is horrible news for guys like me who like to play various games on the schedule.

I really can't believe this. Is regular franchise going to be removed?
CCM is the end to franchise mode.

# 71 aholbert32 @ 06/12/12 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Oh noes I can't control all the teams and make sure the one team I want to win every year in franchise mode does? WORLD ENDING!

I can't fathom why people ask or even want that either in madden or NHL. Makes no sense to me.
Good for you. Doesn't change the fact people want it the game. If you don't have anything constructive to add...stay out of the thread. Last warning.

# 72 steelersfan7 @ 06/12/12 06:09 PM
Quote:

No Import Draft Classes
No 32 team control
No Fantasy Draft
No offline co-op play
No custom playbooks

Wow what I missed!!! Well, not buying Madden this year. They r making this game worse, besides the infinity engine....

# 73 aholbert32 @ 06/12/12 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you have to retire a coach to switch teams. Kinda defeats the purpose of improving your coach only to retire him if you want to play another team's game.
You only have to retire a coach if that coach was created by you. If I choose Jason Garrett and switch to Andy Reid, Garett doesn't retire.

# 74 Iceman87GT @ 06/12/12 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
Perhaps, but how many gamers play or control more than 1 team in an offline franchise any way? That's not a rhetorical question; it's real. I'm curious as to how many offline gamers this will affect.

My guess - more than I think.
I know I do from time to time in NCAA Dynasties, like if a bad team is a win away from bowl eligibility I'll control them and try to get them to one. Or if I'm playing a dynasty and I see my favorite team (Georgia Tech) is playing certain games (uga, ACC Championship Game, Bowl games not against the team I'm controlling, or on the verge of missing a bowl), I'll take control of them and try and get them that win.

I'll do the same in Madden though its not as common (I don't want to hurt my team's chance at a playoff berth, and getting a team into the playoffs is not as simple as winning 6 games and becoming bowl eligible). Its something that's nice to have I won't miss it very much but I know there are others who like to have more control of what goes on.

# 75 moylan1234 @ 06/12/12 06:11 PM
I don't know guys I'm actually starting to enjoy this daily game of "What will Madden remove next?" I think we should get a poll going and start placing bets on what else didn't make it

# 76 jpdavis82 @ 06/12/12 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfarris
So, if I'm reading this right, then that means that my kids and I can't play a Franchise together, since you can now only control one team? I guess if that's true, then I'm going to stick with 12 another year whether I want to or not.
I think you still can, what do you mean by play a franchise together? You never could play a franchise together before. Unless you are talking about online franchise and if that's the case then yes you can play connected careers online together.

# 77 Pezell04x @ 06/12/12 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCarver13
The pictures and sarcasm is getting old. It is no wonder I rarely write on these forums.
Let's keep it that way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 78 statum71 @ 06/12/12 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFudge
Hey dont be a knucklehead....People play the game differently. Some people arent so concerned about just trying to take over one team and get them to win the superbowl but rather have a more sandbox commissioner level of control over their franchises and like to play a few games here and a few games there to get a feel for all the different teams around the league, play a key matchup, Play the marquee Monday Night game, and or just get involved in all the different playoff matchups!

Thats the way I enjoy playing Madden, NCAA, NBA 2K, NHL 2K, MLB The Show, etc

I've tried it with just one team in a Franchise in EA's NHL (cause thats the only way they allow it) and let me tell you something...it gets stale and boring pretty quickly

So please save your stupid remarks to share with your friends that play the way you are insinuating....because those of us on this board arent stupid and we DO like more Flexibility and Control rather then LESS as a video game like this one matures over the years

I DO NOT like this move at all and want EA to KNOW IT.

Can you FATHOM that?
Amen, amen, amen!!!!!!!!!

I thought I would never say this in all the years I've read from the forum. But I really believe this will stop me from buying '13.

I just have no use for a single team season.

# 79 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 06/12/12 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I think you still can, what do you mean by play a franchise together? You never could play a franchise together before. Unless you are talking about online franchise and if that's the case then yes you can play connected careers online together.
You could always play franchise together with other people. Why do you think 32 team control was in the game? So 32 individuals could sit down at one console and play against each other, as highly unlikely as that was or any combination of players and teams between 1 team: 32 players and 32 teams : 1 player.

# 80 AiDub @ 06/12/12 06:22 PM
I honestly don't see a problem with this. I don't understand why someone wants to control every team in the league. When I play with a certain team, I want to feel as if that team is MY team and have pride in playing with them and only them. I like to build my team up from nothing to a dynasty. If I played as if I where on every team, I would feel disconnected from the simulation of being loyal to one team as a player or coach would in real life thus losing the experience... Plus... That **** would take forever to complete a single season! I have a full time job and a family. I don't have that kind of time lol

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.