Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Because I have been asked about this via Twitter and email so often, I wanted to make sure people were aware.

Justin Dewiel, Community Manager for EA Sports, just confirmed via Twitter (just follow the timeline), if you coach a team, you can no longer play other games on the schedule, only the game(s) on your own schedule.

For example. Rgiles asked if he could coach the Cowboys in CCM, but play the Patriots vs. Browns game.

Justin stated that it is not possible, because CCM is based around you and your character (coach or player).

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 BlueNGold @ 06/12/12 08:27 PM
"It was all good just a week ago".

# 142 KBLover @ 06/12/12 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
You can LOL all you want, but I'm OK with something being arcady if it's an OPTION to turn off. I just don't want arcady to REPLACE realism. People should be able to make their franchise as arcady as they want or as real as they want. No sarcasm at all here.
Exactly.

Options for all. It would be a wonderful thing.

# 143 N51_rob @ 06/12/12 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Madden 13...now featuring:

No full customization of rosters.
No Editing of players in CCM
No Import Draft Classes
No 32 team control
No Fantasy Draft
No offline co-op play
No custom playbooks
No playing games except those of the ONE team you select for CCM

....I wish I had the gif of Bart Scott saying, "CAN'T WAIT."
I'm sorry but I find this post hilarious! Kudos to you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 144 kjjnesb @ 06/12/12 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Not this year they won't. They've already stated that.
Well that's good at least they won't try to nickel and dime us in CC.

# 145 Bigmac612 @ 06/12/12 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I know what you're saying BUT
It's not your game, Its EA's. You have the choice of buying it or not to make it "your" game. If it doesn't suit you dont buy it.

Now if you get it and it doesn't do something its supposed to them complain.
Everyone knows going in what it will and will not do so if people want to make a statement, stop buying games that don't do what you want.
Post like these are really getting old, they are the exact reason EA gets away with the crap they do..."if dont like it, dont buy it"...seeing how this is kinda impossible to ppl cause this is the only option they have...which makes it sooo much simpler for ppl like you and EA to say that s*** to ppl...im tired of it, its like your preying and monopolizing on ppls weakness cause you know they have no other way out...its disgusting

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

# 146 dill911 @ 06/12/12 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Give it some time to sink in. People DO NOT LIKE change. A lot of these folks will soften up by August.
thats the thing, nothing is going to go away. when august comes, its going to be worse because everyone will see what it is missing. in order for madden to be ANY sort of success this year, the CC mode has to be completely flawless, the whole game for that matter. if there is problems, you might as well nuke the forums. and i feel like change has completely lost its meaning the last 10 years. oh and I thought this was funny:

Twitter:
Random Guy: Give us back offline franchise and all the missing features
Josh Looman: Franchise is dead. Change is good

now let that sink in . . . he put a smiley face!!! my god ea has lost their minds. he is completely oblivious what has happened.

GIFSoup

# 147 KBLover @ 06/12/12 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
Well, if they are indeed trying to shift the focus from offline to online, as Taj suggested, then it makes sense. They can shift the players online and charge them for more things.
Well, if it goes that route, I know the last Madden I'll get is the one before that happened.

It seems to be the trend in gaming, though.

# 148 xcef2005 @ 06/12/12 08:33 PM
I've had a little while to think this over and present my argument and beliefs in the best way possible. Hopefully I've been clear and if no one reads this at least I can vent my feelings out through typing:

I remember a few years ago when MLB: The Show announced that they would let you control all 32 teams and all aspects of the game. They would even let you control who got injured and how long they were injured for. Here was the top baseball game in Video Games knowing what the people want. Some could argue MLB the Show is THE video game when it comes to sports.

NBA 2K realized what the people wanted. They gave you the power to control your NBA World however you wanted. They realized fans wanted the power to create their own NBA drafts and it was given. Here was the top basketball game in Video games knowing what the people want. Some could argue NBA 2K is THE video game when it comes to sports.

Now some of you can post and say these modes aren’t important or that you just don’t understand. You can say that you’re angry but in the end you’ll just live with it. The above mentioned franchises knew what was important and knew what the future of their games needed to have and I don’t think that can be stressed enough.

So here you have Madden who possibly beat both those games to the punch when it comes to franchise mode. You could finally edit players during the season; you could for the longest time already control all 32 teams. They didn’t let you edit your own NFL drafts but they at least had the NCAA Import feature which was not great but good enough for most. They had the chance, the opportunity to become the top sports game again, a sports game the NBA and MLB the Show probably tried to be like in some aspects, or at least once upon a time. Madden ’13 was going to be THE game once again, but it was going to be a lot of hard work. I feel like Madden put a lot of work into this game but at what cost? The cost obviously is a deleted franchise mode. Features that fans have known for years are gone and new features that were in Madden 12 are now lost as well. Also how much work did they really put in? Is a “Connected Careers” mode really a lot of hard work because it’s a new feature? Or was in the easy way out because Madden gave up the hard work that was needed to fix two features that were already there?

This isn’t a rant or a post full of anger, it’s a realization. Madden ’13 is the year of “Connected Careers” and I honestly hope everything works out perfect and that this mode is a huge success with no major flaws because if there is, there will only be a patch to fix it (if even possible), not the users of Operation Sports.

# 149 Skyboxer @ 06/12/12 08:33 PM
Quote:
I would agree with you if they didn't have a monopoly on NFL licensed real time 3D games on the PC or console. Because of the NFL and EA/Tib, the consumer has no other choice for the "NFL licensed real time 3D game". I can't go to the store and get a different one of those.
"monopoly" or not.. You have a choice not to buy a game that doesn't do what you want. Just because its the only NFL game I wont spend money if it doesnt have what I want.
And I don't see how anyone can blame EA. it was a very smart decision.
NFL on the other hand.

# 150 CT Pitbull @ 06/12/12 08:36 PM
EA Sports' slogan should be "one step forward, two steps back"

this josh dude's "baby" as in CC is really creating a huge problem for what WOULD have been seemingly the greatest madden game EVER. I mean wow i still really wanna play this game but all the body blows recently are chopping down my excitement level in a huge way. CC better be out of this world spectacular or else im gonna get bored playing "play now" games really quick.

Its almost like EA has an identity crisis going on this year with BOTH football games. In madden they want in to turn it from a football simulation to a RPG. And in NCAA13 they want to turn it from a football simulation to an arcade/action game(reaction time). I DONT GET IT

# 151 BlueNGold @ 06/12/12 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
I was Super excited to finally buy Madden again last week. Now Madden is no doubt a pass for me once again.
Yeah I can see why that would be the case. I just don't understand how they honestly thought it was a good idea to be removing all of these features. It's like Connected Careers was made with the intention of trolling OS, lol.

The good thing for me looking at the list cuttingteeth posted is that the only one I'll really miss is fantasy draft because me and my buddies always ran fantasy draft franchises. Everything else I hardly ever used, if at all.

# 152 KBLover @ 06/12/12 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmac612
Post like these are really getting old, they are the exact reason EA gets away with the crap they do..."if dont like it, dont buy it"...seeing how this is kinda impossible to ppl cause this is the only option they have...which makes it sooo much simpler for ppl like you and EA to say that s*** to ppl...im tired of it, its like your preying and monopolizing on ppls weakness cause you know they have no other way out...its disgusting

I see where you're coming from, but as a consumer - he's right.

You have the power to decide if EA gets your $60 or not. Yes, it might not be an easy decision to make and sure it would be a more consumer-friendly market if there were multiple NFL-branded games - but still you can walk away.

What is the number one thing companies understand? Well, it's said to be sales. So if it's that bad, consumers can just say "screw it" and not pay up. Hasn't Madden's sales been declining for years now? Consumers have obviously made this choice year over year.

After all, it doesn't make sense to buy something if you're just going to hate it. That doesn't "hurt" EA, it just makes yourself miserable and no video game is worth it.

I'm not saying not to buy the game, but you do have a choice. It might not be one you find most ideal.

And, yes, I have passed on Madden. I didn't get M08 or M11, and M12 was almost in the same boat.

# 153 Skyboxer @ 06/12/12 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmac612

No its those that aren't happy with the game but will buy it anyways. I passed up many NCAA and Madden games due to not being what I want. Wasnt impossible for me at all to pass on them. So unlike what you implied, I'm not an EA fanboy etc.. Check my post history. I just dont spend $ on products I know wont satisify me.

But go ahead and buy a game you know you wont like if that's what you want to do.

# 154 kjjnesb @ 06/12/12 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcef2005
I've had a little while to think this over and present my argument and beliefs in the best way possible. Hopefully I've been clear and if no one reads this at least I can vent my feelings out through typing:

I remember a few years ago when MLB: The Show announced that they would let you control all 32 teams and all aspects of the game. They would even let you control who got injured and how long they were injured for. Here was the top baseball game in Video Games knowing what the people want. Some could argue MLB the Show is THE video game when it comes to sports.

NBA 2K realized what the people wanted. They gave you the power to control your NBA World however you wanted. They realized fans wanted the power to create their own NBA drafts and it was given. Here was the top basketball game in Video games knowing what the people want. Some could argue NBA 2K is THE video game when it comes to sports.

Now some of you can post and say these modes aren’t important or that you just don’t understand. You can say that you’re angry but in the end you’ll just live with it. The above mentioned franchises knew what was important and knew what the future of their games needed to have and I don’t think that can be stressed enough.

So here you have Madden who possibly beat both those games to the punch when it comes to franchise mode. You could finally edit players during the season; you could for the longest time already control all 32 teams. They didn’t let you edit your own NFL drafts but they at least had the NCAA Import feature which was not great but good enough for most. They had the chance, the opportunity to become the top sports game again, a sports game the NBA and MLB the Show probably tried to be like in some aspects, or at least once upon a time. Madden ’13 was going to be THE game once again, but it was going to be a lot of hard work. I feel like Madden put a lot of work into this game but at what cost? The cost obviously is a deleted franchise mode. Features that fans have known for years are gone and new features that were in Madden 12 are now lost as well. Also how much work did they really put in? Is a “Connected Careers” mode really a lot of hard work because it’s a new feature? Or was in the easy way out because Madden gave up the hard work that was needed to fix two features that were already there?

This isn’t a rant or a post full of anger, it’s a realization. Madden ’13 is the year of “Connected Careers” and I honestly hope everything works out perfect and that this mode is a huge success with no major flaws because if there is, there will only be a patch to fix it (if even possible), not the users of Operation Sports.
Good post I don't question the amount of work they put in CC but I do question the Direction/Design.

# 155 DeuceDouglas @ 06/12/12 08:41 PM
Quote:
I blame both. EA was asking for an exclusive license before the NFL had one. I saw quotes from EA officials saying just that. Blame both EA and the NFL. And the choice to just go w/o is a choice, but it really isn't much of a choice at all.
There's other games to play as well. If M13 is really the several steps backwards that many people claim it to be, then it shouldn't be too hard to pop M12 in and have all the options you want right there.

# 156 Skyboxer @ 06/12/12 08:44 PM
Quote:
I blame both. EA was asking for an exclusive license before the NFL had one. I saw quotes from EA officials saying just that. Blame both EA and the NFL. And the choice to just go w/o is a choice, but it really isn't much of a choice at all.
If you owned EA, wouldn't you do the same?
Good business decision. I'm not happy either about it but simply can't fault EA.

Hopefully NCAA and Madden get to the poin where everyone is happy. I hope.

# 157 huskerwr38 @ 06/12/12 08:45 PM
I think people wouldn't be as upset if these features weren't available before. (yes, the majority of people believe these are features...not just "options" and EA will probably reintroduce them as features in the future) You take something away from people and they are going to be upset no matter what.

In Head Coach 09, you don't have any of these options and it's a VERY fun game to play. People were not upset that you couldn't play other games, or edit players, (I guess you could edit rosters before hand and bring them in I believe), but anyways...the option was never there before. So people weren't upset about it.

I think CCM will still be a very fun mode. If you have bought Madden in the past with its bare bones, uninspired, lacking in features, and riddled with bugs franchise mode. I don't see why you would stop playing Madden now.

# 158 OPDriver @ 06/12/12 08:47 PM
Josh Looman's arogance is really starting to annoy me. Who is he to tell us what is good as far as change? What a freakin joke.

# 159 moneal2001 @ 06/12/12 08:48 PM
@husker you could change a player 's position and number in head coach 09

# 160 Skyboxer @ 06/12/12 08:49 PM
Quote:
I went like 6 years until buying Madden last year. I agree that consumers should not reward company's if the consumer isn't satisfied. But that consumer has every right to be upset and complain when that is the only product of it's kind. It's the "stop complaining, just don't buy" that I LOL at. The "don't buy" I agree with.
Totally agree! Never said anything about not complaining (I do my fair share!)
I'm simply saying don't give out the $ on a product you wont be happy with. Doesn't make sense to me to do that.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.