Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

NCAA Football 13 will not include the University of South Alabama. Jags Jungle corresponded with EA Sports for the answer.

Quote:
South Alabama was a provisional member of FBS last year and did not play a full FBS schedule. We did not receive confirmation that they were changing to a full FBS schedule this year until it was too late for inclusion in NCAA Football 13. South Alabama will be included in NCAA Football 14.

Sources - Jags Jungle, CBS - Eye on College Football

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 TDenverFan @ 06/14/12 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
lots of EApologists around this forum
But, it's actually not EA's fault. Why would we blame EA when they've done no wrong?

# 42 Noble Evildoer @ 06/14/12 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
But, it's actually not EA's fault. Why would we blame EA when they've done no wrong?
Probably because they've shown that they can't get a team into the game that announced its intentions to move up before UTSA, Texas State, and UMass. And also because EA can't look up the news stories or schedules that show USA playing a full FBS schedule.

# 43 pj_28 @ 06/14/12 10:37 PM
I don't think that I am an EA basher, I usually take their side with things and have shown my loyalty by spending my hard earned money year in and year out. I just don't think they should get a free pass for not having this team in. If your side of the argument is that none of the 4 should be in I can not argue against you since they are all transition teams and. But to include 3 of the 4 just seems off to me. I don't think that is an illogical expectation, just because people don't see eye to eye doesn't mean that one of them is not logical it is just a difference in opinion.

# 44 Fredonia @ 06/14/12 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Evildoer
Probably because they've shown that they can't get a team into the game that announced its intentions to move up before UTSA, Texas State, and UMass. And also because EA can't look up the news stories or schedules that show USA playing a full FBS schedule.
USA had a deadline that they did not meet, therefore it's their fault and NOT EA's.

# 45 Gap Integrity @ 06/14/12 11:33 PM
What, NO University of South Alabama!!!! OMG total deal breaker.....better cancel my pre-order. EA is robbing us all. (end sarcasm)

Seriously, how many people were really going to play with this team? I guess if you play a dynasty against South Alabama, but just insert another cupcake into your schedule for another year.

# 46 TDenverFan @ 06/14/12 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredonia
USA had a deadline that they did not meet, therefore it's their fault and NOT EA's.
Exactly. As far as EA knew, UoSA was unsure if they would go to 1-A. If EA put them in and they chose not to go up, EA would look really dumb.

Outside of a few huge CFB fans and UoSA fans, not many people will realize EA's gaff.

# 47 Noble Evildoer @ 06/15/12 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Exactly. As far as EA knew, UoSA was unsure if they would go to 1-A. If EA put them in and they chose not to go up, EA would look really dumb.

Outside of a few huge CFB fans and UoSA fans, not many people will realize EA's gaff.
It was known they'd be moving up before it was known that Texas State, UTSA, or UMass were moving up.

Seems like EA just goofed and came up with a bad excuse

# 48 moylan1234 @ 06/15/12 12:52 AM
Quote:
It was known they'd be moving up before it was known that Texas State, UTSA, or UMass were moving up.

Seems like EA just goofed and came up with a bad excuse
they can't get go off internet chatter. the school itself or the NCAA has to inform them in some kind of official way.

they're busy making the game do you think they should be checking blogs or scouring newspapers to find out about this when they have 123 other schools to worry about?

# 49 Twenty Four @ 06/15/12 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiDub
Well that news will disappoint all of... 5 people.
5 people? Obviously you haven't heard of the Pensacola/Mobile area sports tradition. We've produced athletes such as emmit smith, Trent Richardson , Bubba Watson, Boo Weekly, Roy Jones Jr. , and Derrick Brooks among others. Way more than 5 people care dude

# 50 Noble Evildoer @ 06/15/12 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
they can't get go off internet chatter. the school itself or the NCAA has to inform them in some kind of official way.

they're busy making the game do you think they should be checking blogs or scouring newspapers to find out about this when they have 123 other schools to worry about?
It wasn't internet chatter. It was official that they were moving up. USA's had this planned (officially even) since they started the program. It's not like there was ever this "will they or won't they" discussion going on.

Again, USA's intentions to move were made clear well before UMass or the Texas twins. There was no surprise in any of this.

# 51 Twenty Four @ 06/15/12 01:07 AM
Quote:
It wasn't internet chatter. It was official that they were moving up. USA's had this planned (officially even) since they started the program. It's not like there was ever this "will they or won't they" discussion going on.

Again, USA's intentions to move were made clear well before UMass or the Texas twins. There was no surprise in any of this.
Exactly, a few years ago when the team was announced. The whole plan was to go D-1

# 52 Suntan Superman @ 06/15/12 01:10 AM
Quote:

And yet they failed to inform EA in a timely matter as to their intentions. Unless UoSA and the NCAA told them, they can't do anything. It'd be Sam Keller hell all over again.

# 53 Fredonia @ 06/15/12 02:00 AM
I'm just curious to know how South Alabama failing to tell EA they were moving up by the deadline is EA's fault...

# 54 moylan1234 @ 06/15/12 03:11 AM
Quote:

As it's already been stated in this thread their official plan in 2009 when they made the announcement was to get to FBS by 2013. This year was supposed to be their final transition year. I don't know what happened but they obviously got ahead of schedule and then failed to inform EA in time.

# 55 JohnDoe8865 @ 06/15/12 03:18 AM
Just seems like another issue that EA Sports should have been on top of, that slipped thru the cracks. At this point it's a regular thing with both of EA's football franchises and that's flat-out disappointing.

# 56 Sanchez_Mareno @ 06/15/12 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
Doesn't bother me at all.
Me either, they wont be missed by me

# 57 jamie1981 @ 06/15/12 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
Its always EA's fault. I'm waiting for someone to blame gas prices on EA
I can hear it now..."Gas is up to $4! It's because EA Sports didn't include real time physics in NCAA 13!"

But it is a shame for South Alabama fans that their team isn't in.

Sent from my 1983 Motorola DynaTAC mobile phone

# 58 Suntan Superman @ 06/15/12 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Just seems like another issue that EA Sports should have been on top of, that slipped thru the cracks. At this point it's a regular thing with both of EA's football franchises and that's flat-out disappointing.
You mean that Southern Alabama should've been on top of.

# 59 Ziza9Noles94 @ 06/15/12 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
You mean that Southern Alabama should've been on top of.
This. Plus they will be in my game. I'll be getting mine from the fcs thread on this very site. The South Alabama that gets made there will probably be better rated and more realistic anyway. Plus they'll come with an extra set of unis that ea probably wouldn't have had in. I doubt I'll miss Idaho or Eastern Michigan all that much.

# 60 jeremym480 @ 06/15/12 12:10 PM
Even as someone who has lived in Mobile and would definitely run with them, I can't say that I am that disappointed .

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.