Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Check out some of the new Madden NFL 13 screenshots, right here.

During the Madden NFL 13 webcast, EA Sports listed the player and coaching legends. Many of them will be available to use right away, others will be available via pre-order and Madden Ultimate Team (Joe Montana was confirmed as one of them from MUT).

The Canton team, which includes 27 all-time greats will be available in Play Now. You can also play as 1 of 33 legends in Connected Careers, as you try to compare your career against Hall of Famers.

Also mentioned, the Super Bowl will feature a new pre-game coin toss and Vince Lombardi Trophy presentation with legends bringing the trophy out to the players. Legend quarterbacks will have their own throwing motion and legend coaches will have their own playbooks.

If your player retires and meets the qualifications to become a Hall of Famer, you don't have to wait 5 years, it happens right after retirement (not realistic, they wanted to make it "Fun"). Speaking of retirement, players can come back into the NFL after they have retired. Will we see Brett Favre make a return?

Coaching Legends
  • Tom Landry
  • John Madden
  • Dick Vermeil
  • Vince Lombardi
  • Tom Flores
  • Joe Gibbs
  • Bill Walsh
Player Legends
  • John Elway
  • Marshall Faulk
  • Barry Sanders
  • Jerry Rice
  • Lawrence Taylor
  • Warren Moon
  • Joe Montana
  • Deion "Primetime" Sanders
  • John Mackey
  • Emmitt Smith
  • Dick "Night Train" Lane
  • Troy Aikman
  • Gene Upshaw
  • Shannon Sharpe
  • Mean Joe Greene
  • George Blanda
  • Kellen Winslow, Sr.
  • Ronnie Lott
  • Dave Casper
  • Walter Payton
  • Michael Irvin
  • Reggie White
  • Rod Woodson
  • Derrick Brooks
  • Otto Graham
  • Steve Young
  • Kurt Warner
As previously mentioned, many legends are available right away, others are available via pre-order, as listed below.
  • Amazon: Joe Gibbs and Lawrence Taylor
  • Best Buy: Bill Walsh and Jerry Rice
  • GameStop: John Madden and Barry Sanders
  • Origin: Dick Vermeil and Marshall Faulk
  • Walmart: Tom Landry and John Elway

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 therealsmallville @ 06/14/12 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
No, once you retire HOF AND CAP are removed.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Oh, darn. Too bad.

It was a nice thought though

# 62 Sdrawkcab321 @ 06/14/12 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
If Primetime doesn't look exactly like his self, I am going to FLIP!

Deion being in this is the main reason I havent given up hope on this game. So I hope they got him right too. Maybe even the bandana

# 63 jmo2278 @ 06/14/12 07:07 PM
Soooo if want John Madden AND Jerry Rice I have to buy one copy from GameStop and one from best buy!?!

Pre-order extras are whack anyway but now they are gonna make me feel like I am missing out on something depending on where I purchase! Smh

I appreciate the effort and reliving a legends career is kinda cool but I would much rather play with classic teams with old school uni's, fields, and equipment.

Hate to bring up other games but I can't get too excited about this when 2k has legends on their classic teams AND the ability to import a legend into a single player mode going up against current players.

I know football rosters are larger than b-ball but really you would only need 12-15 real players and fill in the rest with generics and then let community roster makers do their magic! Classic teams with authentic unis and gear would be worth the price of admission. Now that would be DLC worth buying....hint hint

# 64 jmo2278 @ 06/14/12 07:09 PM
Oh and where is Bo Jackson, Marino, Unitas, Swan, Farve and etc. etc.

# 65 therealsmallville @ 06/14/12 07:16 PM
I've been at work all day, and couldn't listen to it. Did anybody happen to jot down a list of all of them?

# 66 SFNiners816 @ 06/14/12 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
I've been at work all day, and couldn't listen to it. Did anybody happen to jot down a list of all of them?
First post in this thread has the list....As Niners fan we get Montana, Rice, Young, Lott and Bill Walsh. Also Deion is on it too.

# 67 Kramer5150 @ 06/14/12 07:24 PM
WOW,are they serious with this list? where is Chuck Noll,Lambert,Ham,Blount and Shell....

Kurt Warner a legend?? LOL and Flores a coaching legend?? ummm yea ok

Also no Dan Fouts or Terry Bradshaw??...terrible,terrible list

# 68 ZoneKIller @ 06/14/12 07:33 PM
I have no use for this.No way Im playing with a 22 year old Deion Sanders.Now if we could EDIT them Id fix his age to what it really is then Id play with him.

# 69 blklightning @ 06/14/12 07:35 PM
If I can't start a franchise with Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin and Neon Deion on my Cowboys, I might not even buy the game. No point in adding all of these awesome players if we can't use them. That not buying it part is a bit of an overstatement. But it would be really dumb if we couldn't do things like that. You can't bring back the triplets and then not let us reunite them.

# 70 blklightning @ 06/14/12 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack
Why in the world would you want to play with a 44 year old Deion? He'd be garbage in the NFL now? Youd get him for a year and retire.
If he held up for a year.

# 71 therealsmallville @ 06/14/12 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
First post in this thread has the list....As Niners fan we get Montana, Rice, Young, Lott and Bill Walsh. Also Deion is on it too.
smh I'm an idiot. I should have looked there first.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! Nice list of Niners there!

# 72 StL_RamZ @ 06/14/12 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I hate pre-order tie ins......
The year dat the rams won the Super Bowl I fell I love with them...I was 10 and I would love Marshall faulk warner and Vermeil to join forces again. This time Faulk would be the successor to Jackson Hahahaha gotta love it

But I still won't pre order it...I usually get the game earlier then The release date

# 73 turducken34 @ 06/14/12 07:52 PM
As far as what legends are or aren't in the game, I can't get upset because I don't know what the circumstances were as far as who they could sign or couldn't. To echo what someone said back on the first page, I'm sick of the pre-order tie- ins.

It was understandable from a fiscal standpoint when these companies started to charge for certain on-line capabilities if you bought their game used, but these pre-order bonuses are ridiculous. If I'm buying your game new at the store, I should have everything on that disc that's announced up until the game goes gold, not tidbits dependent on where I'm reserving my copy.

# 74 djordan @ 06/14/12 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I missed about 20 minutes of the webcast, but with all the legends in the game, was there any info on how they are going to move on the field?

Do we get Walter Payton's show pony kick? Is Barry Sanders going to have signature running animations? Did Marino's throwing motion make it in?
Come on now. They can't even get basic running animations down to the tee lol.

# 75 TrapStar215 @ 06/14/12 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
I have no use for this.No way Im playing with a 22 year old Deion Sanders.Now if we could EDIT them Id fix his age to what it really is then Id play with him.
WTH? Why would you want to do that?

# 76 Senator Palmer @ 06/14/12 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Come on now. They can't even get basic running animations down to the tee lol.
I know, right. I keep hoping to be wowed. I mean they did attempt different running styles last year -- they actually did a pretty good job with Michael Turner's upright, hold-the-ball-tight running style -- I would think they'd expand on what they started. I mean, what's the use of putting Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith if you aren't going to go all out and make them look as distinctive as possible with the ball in their hand?

# 77 davidd @ 06/14/12 08:43 PM
so my question is with these legendary coaches has EA also included their playbooks?

I'd love to use Gibbs smash mouth variant of the Air Coryell!

# 78 SoxFan01605 @ 06/14/12 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidd
so my question is with these legendary coaches has EA also included their playbooks?

I'd love to use Gibbs smash mouth variant of the Air Coryell!
It sounds like it, yes (unless "their own" means some separate generic playbook...which would be an odd choice).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
legend coaches will have their own playbooks.

# 79 davidd @ 06/14/12 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
It sounds like it, yes (unless "their own" means some separate generic playbook...which would be an odd choice).

yeah the generic playbooks would be my concern too as that's what they've done in the past with classic teams.

# 80 Senator Palmer @ 06/14/12 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidd
yeah the generic playbooks would be my concern too as that's what they've done in the past with classic teams.
Every legendary coach in the game has his own offensive playbook. Defensive books, it remains to be seen.

There's an actual video in the first video thread of someone flipping through Joe Gibbs's playbook.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.