Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Check out some of the new Madden NFL 13 screenshots, right here.

During the Madden NFL 13 webcast, EA Sports listed the player and coaching legends. Many of them will be available to use right away, others will be available via pre-order and Madden Ultimate Team (Joe Montana was confirmed as one of them from MUT).

The Canton team, which includes 27 all-time greats will be available in Play Now. You can also play as 1 of 33 legends in Connected Careers, as you try to compare your career against Hall of Famers.

Also mentioned, the Super Bowl will feature a new pre-game coin toss and Vince Lombardi Trophy presentation with legends bringing the trophy out to the players. Legend quarterbacks will have their own throwing motion and legend coaches will have their own playbooks.

If your player retires and meets the qualifications to become a Hall of Famer, you don't have to wait 5 years, it happens right after retirement (not realistic, they wanted to make it "Fun"). Speaking of retirement, players can come back into the NFL after they have retired. Will we see Brett Favre make a return?

Coaching Legends
  • Tom Landry
  • John Madden
  • Dick Vermeil
  • Vince Lombardi
  • Tom Flores
  • Joe Gibbs
  • Bill Walsh
Player Legends
  • John Elway
  • Marshall Faulk
  • Barry Sanders
  • Jerry Rice
  • Lawrence Taylor
  • Warren Moon
  • Joe Montana
  • Deion "Primetime" Sanders
  • John Mackey
  • Emmitt Smith
  • Dick "Night Train" Lane
  • Troy Aikman
  • Gene Upshaw
  • Shannon Sharpe
  • Mean Joe Greene
  • George Blanda
  • Kellen Winslow, Sr.
  • Ronnie Lott
  • Dave Casper
  • Walter Payton
  • Michael Irvin
  • Reggie White
  • Rod Woodson
  • Derrick Brooks
  • Otto Graham
  • Steve Young
  • Kurt Warner
As previously mentioned, many legends are available right away, others are available via pre-order, as listed below.
  • Amazon: Joe Gibbs and Lawrence Taylor
  • Best Buy: Bill Walsh and Jerry Rice
  • GameStop: John Madden and Barry Sanders
  • Origin: Dick Vermeil and Marshall Faulk
  • Walmart: Tom Landry and John Elway

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 josephid @ 06/14/12 09:42 PM
EA should do a downloadable thing. You can download the player for a a fee. EA and the player can split the profits, this way they don't have to sign or put money up front to all the players. It basically costs EA very little.

# 82 DaBlackGoku @ 06/14/12 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
I have no use for this.No way Im playing with a 22 year old Deion Sanders.Now if we could EDIT them Id fix his age to what it really is then Id play with him.
I think it's about time you gave it a rest, I've seen you on too many discussion boards complaining (some of the boards are not even related to editing). Smdh.....

# 83 brandon27 @ 06/14/12 10:04 PM
Not a bad list I guess... I couldn't care less though. Im more concerned with playing with teams and players currently in the NFL. Would have much rather seen the time spent creating these legends, be spent on other areas and features... such as... you know, the one they didnt have time to put it.

Only way I'd consider playing with legends, would be if Dan Marino was on that list. Im actually pretty surprised he's not.

# 84 ZoneKIller @ 06/14/12 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapStar215
WTH? Why would you want to do that?
One word

REALISM

# 85 RnRexpress3423 @ 06/14/12 10:19 PM
No Dan "The Man" Marino or Shula???!!! Really EA?! REALLY?!!! Sorry I'm a bit of a homer and to see all the other legends in the game well it just makes me sad. I want to beat up on Joe Montana and the 49ers and get Marino a ring damnit!

No Jim Kelly either? Wow I'm a Fin fan and couldn't stand Kelly and the Bills but he should be in the game as well.

# 86 TheBleedingRed21 @ 06/14/12 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo2278
Soooo if want John Madden AND Jerry Rice I have to buy one copy from GameStop and one from best buy!?!

Pre-order extras are whack anyway but now they are gonna make me feel like I am missing out on something depending on where I purchase! Smh

I appreciate the effort and reliving a legends career is kinda cool but I would much rather play with classic teams with old school uni's, fields, and equipment.

Hate to bring up other games but I can't get too excited about this when 2k has legends on their classic teams AND the ability to import a legend into a single player mode going up against current players.

I know football rosters are larger than b-ball but really you would only need 12-15 real players and fill in the rest with generics and then let community roster makers do their magic! Classic teams with authentic unis and gear would be worth the price of admission. Now that would be DLC worth buying....hint hint
You need to read more before you get all worked up.

EVERY legend is avaible, but if you pre-order from the place you get a code to unlock them right away instead of unlocking them as you progress through the game.

Does not matter where or even if you pre-order, you still get every legend..

# 87 skinnybonez @ 06/14/12 10:26 PM
is prime's dance gonna be in the game?

# 88 TrapStar215 @ 06/14/12 10:27 PM
Quote:
One word

REALISM

Why anyone would want to play with an NFL legend at their current age is beyond dumb.

You want to play with a dead John Mackey?
You want to play with a dead Night Train Lane?
You want to play with a dead Reggie White?
You want to play with a dead Walter Payton?

Realism right?

# 89 ZoneKIller @ 06/14/12 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack
Playing as an nfl legand at age 44 is realistic
Alot more realistic than a 22 year old Deion playing with Romo.

And plus Alot of players have came back.Maybe not that age but Deion came back a couple years ago with the Ravens.Marshal Isnt that old.He could even have a decent backup role.

Or even just to have a mentor role to help other players on a team progress faster.

I just can think to have these players playing at a young age.Of course I wouldnt use Lombardi or the likes.

Primetime just retired in 2006

# 90 ZoneKIller @ 06/14/12 10:33 PM
Quote:

Why anyone would want to play with an NFL legend at their current age is beyond dumb.

Realism right?
Hey man where do you get off criticizing me and insinuating that IM DUMB

Im just voicing my opinion.Whats wrong with that?

# 91 Greatness @ 06/14/12 10:34 PM
Will the legends resemble their real-life counterparts?

# 92 radney @ 06/14/12 10:35 PM
How does Chuck Noll nor Terry Bradshaw not make this list?

# 93 Evan_OS @ 06/14/12 10:37 PM
Montana > Marino IMO, just sayin'

# 94 TrapStar215 @ 06/14/12 10:38 PM
Quote:
Hey man where do you get off criticizing me and insinuating that IM DUMB

Im just voicing my opinion.Whats wrong with that?
I didn't say you are dumb, I said playing with someone at their current age is dumb because it is. That means you would be playing with a couple of dead people.

# 95 jerwoods @ 06/14/12 10:52 PM
Quote:
I didn't say you are dumb, I said playing with someone at their current age is dumb because it is. That means you would be playing with a couple of dead people.
i think he means like the 94 Deion or the 2000 Deion or the 1993 Reggie white ETC

# 96 DaBlackGoku @ 06/14/12 11:03 PM
Quote:

Realism right?
I dunno if I should, but I'm laughing so hard right now.

# 97 jfsolo @ 06/14/12 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephid
EA should do a downloadable thing. You can download the player for a a fee. EA and the player can split the profits, this way they don't have to sign or put money up front to all the players. It basically costs EA very little.
Very few, if any, players would agree to that. They're all going to want a certain guaranteed fee for using their likeness.

# 98 TheTruth437 @ 06/14/12 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack
IMO Montana had the better career. But was not the better QB.

I just got done watching a few games from 1984 and some other things from that era. And tv announcers were calling Marino the best in the game even that early in his career.

Montana was on the best teams of all time.

But there were parts of his game that were far better than Marino's. Joe could scramble and make things happen.

But as far as Being the best passer. Marino wins hands down. Every time. And it's not really close.

If anyone disagrees I can show you som great clips.
Yeah, I think Marino was the better QB.

# 99 RnRexpress3423 @ 06/14/12 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_OS
Montana > Marino IMO, just sayin'
Hmmm I truly do beg to differ. Rings aside Marino had the better career.

"Joe Montana was a product of the system. Dan Marino was the system"-Bill Walsh

# 100 RnRexpress3423 @ 06/14/12 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
Montana never put up the kind of numbers Marino did in 84 and 86. Not even close. Marino threw 48 and 44 tds those two years. Montana career high tds:31. Which was the only time he got above 30.

Marino threw for more than 4000 yds 6 times. Montana? He never hit the 4000 mark.
Bam wham thank you MAN!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.