Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

We have just posted 91 new NCAA Football 13 screenshots.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 LionsFanNJ @ 06/20/12 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
He is right though, a lot of schools want to release their uniforms in front of fans and media, and not through a screenshot of a video game.
But Rutgers released their jerseys to media and fans in FEBRUARY. So why aren't they on the screenshot of Rutgers

# 82 coogrfan @ 06/20/12 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
But Rutgers released their jerseys to media and fans in FEBRUARY. So why aren't they on the screenshot of Rutgers
As I recall the unveiling was in early May, not Feb. It's possible that was simply too late to get included this year.

# 83 LionsFanNJ @ 06/20/12 09:34 PM
Was it that late? Meh. I've lost track.

It srill doesn't stop me being annoyed that they don't have them. Especially if I get the game and see other teams new ****.

# 84 PowerofRed25 @ 06/21/12 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
As I recall the unveiling was in early May, not Feb. It's possible that was simply too late to get included this year.
Which is what I don't get about what others are saying about EA holding uniforms back before the school unveils them for themselves. If the school hasn't unveiled them, how exactly has EA put them in the game? It certainly never used to be like that.

# 85 prowler @ 06/21/12 02:01 AM
If it's an media embargo issue and they aren't allowed to display new uniforms yet then why post screenshots of teams due to get new uniforms in the first place?

# 86 Ramminyou @ 06/21/12 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
If it's an media embargo issue and they aren't allowed to display new uniforms yet then why post screenshots of teams due to get new uniforms in the first place?
Exactly. It's not like we will think the schools aren't in the game or something. And in the case of a school like Missouri who unveiled their unis over two months ago to the public, I don't know what else to assume right now other than the jerseys aren't currently in the game.

# 87 IamLEGENDsince87 @ 06/21/12 01:43 PM
same cleats from the 2010 season

# 88 Pezell04x @ 06/21/12 02:26 PM
I think there is definitely some sort of media embargo, much like the NHL series. With the NHL series, EA has to wait until every jersey has played in a game.

NHL 12 was released on September 8, 2011 and the jersey code for FOUR jerseys (one of which was a team's primary away jersey) was released at the end of November, basically 2 and a half months later.

So this isn't something new. Is it frustrating as hell? Absolutely, but I think the uniforms will be in the game, they just can't show them yet.

# 89 Ramminyou @ 06/21/12 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
I think there is definitely some sort of media embargo, much like the NHL series. With the NHL series, EA has to wait until every jersey has played in a game.

NHL 12 was released on September 8, 2011 and the jersey code for FOUR jerseys (one of which was a team's primary away jersey) was released at the end of November, basically 2 and a half months later.

So this isn't something new. Is it frustrating as hell? Absolutely, but I think the uniforms will be in the game, they just can't show them yet.
Was that because of an embargo or because the jerseys were finalized/revealed too late for release?

# 90 Frogsfan113 @ 06/21/12 05:34 PM
So they have tcu's correct helmets but not jerseys? Wow...

# 91 BA2929 @ 06/21/12 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x

For NHL, they had to wait until each team wore the jersey in a game. So they had to wait until that last team wore that alternate in a game. I doubt that's the case with NCAA, they just probably don't want to spoil a pre-order from amazon if someone doesn't like the look of the "new" jersey in-game thanks to a pre-release picture.

# 92 Ramminyou @ 06/21/12 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
For NHL, they had to wait until each team wore the jersey in a game. So they had to wait until that last team wore that alternate in a game. I doubt that's the case with NCAA, they just probably don't want to spoil a pre-order from amazon if someone doesn't like the look of the "new" jersey in-game thanks to a pre-release picture.
Haven't they already shown the Amazon Pro Combat unis?

# 93 PowerofRed25 @ 06/21/12 07:38 PM
Sorry guys, not buying a media embargo. If it was some special uniform I could maybe understand, but not when a team's every weekend uniforms aren't in the game, especially uniforms that have been released to the public for months.

Frankly, I'm guessing this is simply not a new build of the game. Given that teams with new uniforms don't have them and most teams have outdated rosters from last year, I just don't buy that these are new shots.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.