Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

In previous NCAA Football games, each conference's prestige rating was predetermined and would never change, regardless of how teams were performing throughout the course of a dynasty.

In NCAA Football 13, every conference's prestige will now rise or fall depending on how its members perform during the season. Specifically, the prestige rating will be determined by the BCS ranking of the top six schools in each league.

That means smaller groups like the Mountain West or Conference USA can eventually bolster their recruiting power and start earning higher-rated recruits if their teams are consistently finishing in the top 25.

Likewise, just because the SEC, Big 12, Big Ten, or Pac-12 begin the dynasty as the highest rated leagues, that doesn't mean they will stay at the top forever. Another disappointing season from Michigan or Ohio State could drop the Big Ten's prestige down a notch, lowering the entire conference's chances of bringing in top recruits.

Dynamic conference ratings should make NCAA Football 13's Dynasty Mode more interesting and unpredictable, as the balance of power will be constantly changing across the various leagues.

Do you think dynamic conference prestige will add or subtract to the game? Are you worried it might be overdone?

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 CT Pitbull @ 06/19/12 08:18 PM
if they cant keep sock length from resetting every year in dynasty it is worthless to me...i could care less about these features if after one year the play "on field" looks shoddy ...

in one player offline dynasty this feature will cause "big boy" conferences to have an even bigger edge..good for those who like it though

# 22 jfsolo @ 06/19/12 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
This sounds great and all, but I'm super worried that in 5 years the SEC's prestige is gonna be D.

They should have had the average of the Top 6's finish in the BCS standings for the previous 5 years or so. Conference Prestige is dynamic, but it isn't THAT dynamic.
If 12 Users in an online dynasty took over the ACC and recruited on JV, then that might happen, but otherwise it seems unlikely that this will occur.

Alabama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, Auburn, South Carolina, with the grades and ranking that those teams start with when the game ships, it's my opinion that the conference will never even fall below a "B" without serious User intervention.

# 23 soulless pupil @ 06/19/12 11:29 PM
Give me dynamic gameplay and CPU playcalling and i'll get excited. Until then, I'd rather not buy any football games...

# 24 Mike Lowe @ 06/20/12 12:13 AM
Guarantee that this will break something. Guarantee.

# 25 sactown_13 @ 06/20/12 01:12 AM
im worried that after a few years some of the bigger teams/conferences and gonna turn into duke....

# 26 tested29 @ 06/20/12 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Quote:
This sounds great and all, but I'm super worried that in 5 years the SEC's prestige is gonna be D.

They should have had the average of the Top 6's finish in the BCS standings for the previous 5 years or so. Conference Prestige is dynamic, but it isn't THAT dynamic.
If 12 Users in an online dynasty took over the ACC and recruited on JV, then that might happen, but otherwise it seems unlikely that this will occur.

Alabama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, Auburn, South Carolina, with the grades and ranking that those teams start with when the game ships, it's my opinion that the conference will never even fall below a "B" without serious User intervention.
I have to say I disagree a bit. Even in '12 after the first 5-6 or so years in most of my dynasties the SEC turns into a so-so conference. The prestige stays the same, but no team ever does well. The teams recruit highly every year, but most finish outside the top 15(after starting in the top 15) because their confrence schedules are so tough. None of them ever finish undefeated or with one loss. They beat themselves up. Every year the National Championship is won by a Big East or ACC team. I'm currently in year 2037 and I don't think I've seen a Big12, Big 10, Pac 12 or SEC team take it home in the past 15 seasons. Its not uncommon for me to see teams with B+ and B- ratings go to the dance and take it home simply because they went 12-0 and played nobodies the whole season. Strength of schedule needs to play more of a factor if you ask me.

Also, for those curious, I've specifically tried to stay out of the big conferences by being a coordinator in the lower level conferences and never renewing my contracts more than 1 time. That way the game stays fresh and a challenge. During my current dynasty I've only been to the national championship twice and won it once with BYU.

# 27 MachoMyers @ 06/20/12 02:18 AM
Football Manager added this feature this past year as well and it was a welcome addition for multiple seasons. Glad to see it in there.

# 28 TIMB0B @ 06/20/12 02:23 AM
As long as there are BCS and nonBCS conferences there needs to be a ceiling for the nonBCS conferences. Maybe B+.

# 29 Buckeyed @ 06/20/12 10:28 AM
I am more worried about the ranking system. It seemed an unranked team beat a highly ranked team and they jump up to the top 15 or a team starts in the top 5 then loses 3 straight but wins 1 and it still ranked 16 or higher...looking at you LSU, Bama, Oregon, & tOSU.

They also need to fix mac teams can't be ranked in the top 10 just because they went through FCS and MAC schools.

# 30 BlackJack @ 06/20/12 10:29 AM
This is one thing that I have been DYING to have in this game, hopefully it won't seem to unrealistic

# 31 pj_28 @ 06/20/12 03:13 PM
This is going to make the OD so much more fun, you have to hope your friends win their games to help you out with conference prest. but still not win enough to jump you in the rankings. Plus it should lead to more dynamic dynasties as you get 5-6 years down the road and the possibility of the Big East turning it around exists or the MAC coming out of nowhere and being a top conference.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.