Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports Invites Fans to “Uncover The Cover” of NBA® 2K13

Facebook application to reveal clues about cover for
next installment of top-selling and top-rated basketball simulation*

New York, NY – June 20, 2012 – 2K Sports today announced the launch of the “Uncover The Cover” Facebook application, which will engage the 2K Sports online community and reveal some big clues about the cover of NBA 2K13, the next installment of the top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise twelve years running.

The Facebook application will start with the clues concealed behind puzzle pieces. In order for pieces to be removed and the clues to the cover revealed, fans are encouraged to tweet about NBA 2K13 using the hashtag #UncoverNBA2K. The more tweets that are made containing the hashtag, the more pieces of the puzzle will be removed.

Fans can check the NBA 2K13 Facebook page to see the current state of the image and the effects their tweets are having in real-time. Once the cover is unveiled, fans will be able to download the final poster art file as wallpaper.

The Facebook application represents a significant departure from the traditional 2K Sports cover reveal, and will leverage the company’s sizable social media following. For the first time in the company’s history, fans will play a decisive role in announcing the cover.

Fans can begin tweeting #UncoverNBA2K today and view the app’s progress in real-time on http://2kgam.es/UncoverNBA2K.

Who do you think the NBA 2K13 cover athlete will be?

*UPDATE: Here is the full image, already leaked.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 DakkoN @ 06/21/12 12:58 AM
I still think it'll be 3 covers with Griffin/Rose/Durant but I could see it being MJ with Rose & Durant too

# 102 UConcord11 @ 06/21/12 01:27 AM
Well for for sure we know its going to be multiple players. The roses and the tarantula make it obvious that Drose and durant will be featured. probably jordan 2.

# 103 P-Dub @ 06/21/12 02:55 AM
I extracted the image from the swf file. I don't want to spoil 2k's fun publicly, so if you want to see it, pm me.

# 104 JerzeyReign @ 06/21/12 03:00 AM
I love OS -- I love the way guys dissect every little thing around here. I saw none of the things y'all pointed out -- all I saw was the NBA logo, lol.

# 105 ubernoob @ 06/21/12 03:28 AM
I will say it's not what I thought it would be. I do like the art though.

My only thing is that I think everyone here is missing an element. I'm not gonna give anything away, but like above will send you the picture if you want it.

# 106 shs2040 @ 06/21/12 03:42 AM
send me the pic

# 107 shs2040 @ 06/21/12 03:50 AM
Rose, Griffin, n is it Durant or Kobe? I think Kobe based on the commercial cause a black mamba is a spider as well not just snake.

# 108 francis07 @ 06/21/12 04:56 AM
Can nobody actually see that the wings aren't just by themselves but they are attatched to horses! So there like Pegasus! I don't know what this means but obviously something!

# 109 sonicboy793 @ 06/21/12 05:13 AM

# 110 ubernoob @ 06/21/12 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicboy793
*snip*
I think the point was to not post it in here, until it was fully uncovered. Just a guess though.

# 111 Ehud_Hapoel @ 06/21/12 06:13 AM
Quote:
what is this???

oh! Griffin, Rose and Durant? but where did u get that photo?

# 112 ubernoob @ 06/21/12 06:15 AM
It's the image I extracted from the .swf and was passing around. It's the fully uncovered cover image clues.

# 113 Ehud_Hapoel @ 06/21/12 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
It's the image I extracted from the .swf and was passing around. It's the fully uncovered cover image clues.
How did you get that .swf?

# 114 I Djm @ 06/21/12 06:26 AM
you could have at least put a spoiler tag or kept it to yourself...

# 115 ubernoob @ 06/21/12 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehud_Hapoel
How did you get that .swf?
Brought up the debug pane in google chrome, searched for .swf. Found the proper link. E-Mailed myself the link, right clicked and "save-as".

Poof, the swf is on my HDD. I'm sure there was a way to do it without emailing the link to myself, but I did it the easy way for me.

Just opened it up in FlashDigger, and exported the right jpeg.

# 116 marcbitw1992 @ 06/21/12 07:34 AM
so its them "3" current players ..... didnt want to say names and ruin it for people who cant figure out yet

# 117 jbthegreat @ 06/21/12 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
Brought up the debug pane in google chrome, searched for .swf. Found the proper link. E-Mailed myself the link, right clicked and "save-as".

Poof, the swf is on my HDD. I'm sure there was a way to do it without emailing the link to myself, but I did it the easy way for me.

Just opened it up in FlashDigger, and exported the right jpeg.
I love you man lol 2k fails again with the marketing bull****

# 118 raidertiger @ 06/21/12 07:46 AM
Hopefully LeBron James.

# 119 Goffs @ 06/21/12 07:50 AM
It looks like they will be doing the three different player covers like last year with Magic, Bird and Jordan. It would've been a nice touch if the international version of 2k had international players on the cover like EA did with their games.

# 120 jd@os @ 06/21/12 07:53 AM
Quote:
So this is a hint to the players on the cover and not the actual cover right?

I certainly hope so, because last year we didn't get a cover with the air, one with a magic wand, and one with a bird.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.