Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports Invites Fans to “Uncover The Cover” of NBA® 2K13

Facebook application to reveal clues about cover for
next installment of top-selling and top-rated basketball simulation*

New York, NY – June 20, 2012 – 2K Sports today announced the launch of the “Uncover The Cover” Facebook application, which will engage the 2K Sports online community and reveal some big clues about the cover of NBA 2K13, the next installment of the top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise twelve years running.

The Facebook application will start with the clues concealed behind puzzle pieces. In order for pieces to be removed and the clues to the cover revealed, fans are encouraged to tweet about NBA 2K13 using the hashtag #UncoverNBA2K. The more tweets that are made containing the hashtag, the more pieces of the puzzle will be removed.

Fans can check the NBA 2K13 Facebook page to see the current state of the image and the effects their tweets are having in real-time. Once the cover is unveiled, fans will be able to download the final poster art file as wallpaper.

The Facebook application represents a significant departure from the traditional 2K Sports cover reveal, and will leverage the company’s sizable social media following. For the first time in the company’s history, fans will play a decisive role in announcing the cover.

Fans can begin tweeting #UncoverNBA2K today and view the app’s progress in real-time on http://2kgam.es/UncoverNBA2K.

Who do you think the NBA 2K13 cover athlete will be?

*UPDATE: Here is the full image, already leaked.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 NINJAK2 @ 06/21/12 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjnesb
What if its 3 different covers with Jordan with each young guy? So Durant/Jordan shooting Rose/Jordan driving Blake/Jordan Dunking.

If that's the case I'm kinda bummed Lebron didn't get a cover don't care for him but he's the best player in the game today imo.
I believe Lebron may be asking for a little too much power/longevity/cash and that is why he has yet to be on a cover imo. Maybe after the MJ deal closes out 2k may look to him. Cowtowing to MJ and LBJ at the same time may be a little too much for 2k to deal with at once...

# 162 kjjnesb @ 06/21/12 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
I believe Lebron may be asking for a little too much power/longevity/cash and that is why he has yet to be on a cover imo. Maybe after the MJ deal closes out 2k may look to him. Cowtowing to MJ and LBJ at the same time may be a little too much for 2k to deal with at once...
True that makes sense Bron would be a good way to transition from Legends/Jordan covers to 2k14 too.

# 163 AC @ 06/21/12 02:57 PM
Quote:
I think that Lebron was on the cover of Live, no?

# 164 NINJAK2 @ 06/21/12 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan1999
I think that Lebron was on the cover of Live, no?
Don't think he has been but you may be right AC..

# 165 AC @ 06/21/12 03:13 PM
Quote:
Don't think he has been but you may be right AC..
Regardless, it would give 2k WAY too much controversy, and with Live/Elite/whatever coming back, they can't afford it, at this point.

# 166 Pared @ 06/21/12 03:55 PM
Quote:
Regardless, it would give 2k WAY too much controversy, and with Live/Elite/whatever coming back, they can't afford it, at this point.
Are you being serious here?

Please - what type of "controversy" would arise from putting this player on the cover?

# 167 23 @ 06/21/12 04:17 PM
Must admit I laughed at that statement

Ain't no controversy going to be stirred

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

# 168 exposedaking @ 06/21/12 04:22 PM
lebron would be an excellent choice

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

# 169 DurtySoufReppin @ 06/21/12 05:02 PM
Maybe the brooklyn bridge means Jay-Z is on the soundtrack

# 170 LA NOIR @ 06/21/12 05:07 PM
I doubt Lebron will ever be on a cover, From what i've read he has a clause in his contract with Nike in which he can't, idk but i have always wondered how guys like Melo and Ben Wallace were cover athletes before lebron, and i don't even like the guy.

# 171 kjjnesb @ 06/21/12 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA NOIR
I doubt Lebron will ever be on a cover, From what i've read he has a clause in his contract with Nike in which he can't, idk but i have always wondered how guys like Melo and Ben Wallace were cover athletes before lebron, and i don't even like the guy.
I seriously doubt Nike is preventing him that'd be a bizarre thing for them to do. And him not being on any covers yet may be a money/image thing top guys like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or even Jordan till 2k11 have skipped being on covers.

# 172 AC @ 06/21/12 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Are you being serious here?

Please - what type of "controversy" would arise from putting this player on the cover?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Must admit I laughed at that statement

Ain't no controversy going to be stirred

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
I'm talking about all the Lebron haters boycotting the game, because of who's on the cover. Maybe controversy wasn't the right word, but I don't really appreciate being insulted, thanks. But with Live/Elite coming back, they can't have people boycotting the game.

# 173 Austinredsox @ 06/21/12 06:48 PM
It's Durant and Lebron

# 174 Jmb4life @ 06/21/12 07:36 PM
2K must've saved up some cash to be able to buy out Durant from EA.

# 175 jd@os @ 06/21/12 08:07 PM
Quote:
I'm talking about all the Lebron haters boycotting the game, because of who's on the cover. Maybe controversy wasn't the right word, but I don't really appreciate being insulted, thanks. But with Live/Elite coming back, they can't have people boycotting the game.
With all due respect, that wouldn't happen; be serious. "All the Lebron haters" wouldn't think of not buying a game just because James is on the cover. I'm a HUGE UNC fan and I bought College Hoops 2K7 despite you-know-who being on the cover and I loved the game.

I don't get why people get wrapped up in not liking a cover, or thinking others won't like it. YOU DON'T PUT THE COVER IN THE SYSTEM--YOU PUT THE GAME DISC IN.

# 176 youvalss @ 06/21/12 08:08 PM
Quote:
Do you really think all LeBron haters will pass on it if he's on the cover? Kobe has as many or more haters (including moi), and I doubt that all these haters passed on the game. I'm sure MJ has many many haters, yet the game sold very well since he's been on the cover. Boycotting a game because of a cover is a thing for online forums. At the end of the day, even haters still put the disc in their console. At least that's what I think. No disrespect to your opinion, though.

# 177 AC @ 06/21/12 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
With all due respect, that wouldn't happen; be serious. "All the Lebron haters" wouldn't think of not buying a game just because James is on the cover. I'm a HUGE UNC fan and I bought College Hoops 2K7 despite you-know-who being on the cover and I loved the game.

I don't get why people get wrapped up in not liking a cover, or thinking others won't like it. YOU DON'T PUT THE COVER IN THE SYSTEM--YOU PUT THE GAME DISC IN.
I think that some might do it. There are some really irrational people out there. And in a year that's VERY important for 2k, as this is their last sports franchise alive, they can't afford to go with someone who's loved by maybe 25% of fans and hated by the rest. Just my opinion, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Do you really think all LeBron haters will pass on it if he's on the cover? Kobe has as many or more haters (including moi), and I doubt that all these haters passed on the game. I'm sure MJ has many many haters, yet the game sold very well since he's been on the cover. Boycotting a game because of a cover is a thing for online forums. At the end of the day, even haters still put the disc in their console. At least that's what I think. No disrespect to your opinion, though.
I'm sure there was a decent amount of people who did skip on it, but not enough to make a difference. However, this year, 2k needs people buying their game, for the reasons I listed earlier in this post. I'd never boycott the game because of its cover, but there are people that I think would (I have a few friends who definitely would), and it's a lot safer to get guys that are, for the most part, liked, like Griffin, Rose, and Durant. Just my opinion.

If 2k13 is a success, though, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lebron on 2k14, or 15.

# 178 juicey79 @ 06/21/12 08:52 PM
Lebron was on 1 of the Sony's NBA cover along with 5 other stars, Kobe being among them.

Peace

# 179 youvalss @ 06/21/12 08:53 PM
Yeah, that's was NBA '09. Another weird basketball game by Sony...

# 180 biggity13 @ 06/21/12 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjnesb
I seriously doubt Nike is preventing him that'd be a bizarre thing for them to do. And him not being on any covers yet may be a money/image thing top guys like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning or even Jordan till 2k11 have skipped being on covers.
wasn't Peyton manning on the cover of microsofts football game for the original Xbox. Can't remember the name of it right now

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.