Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

The previous NCAA Football game randomly selected a topic of conversation each time you phoned a recruit. In NCAA Football 13, coaches can now bring up any topic they want to when phoning prospects.

Coaches can spend scouting points before a phone call to discover a recruit's interests, or they can simply ask the recruit directly what he wants to talk about during a phone call. Prospects will only mention topics they have an average or better interest in.

However, there is danger to letting recruits discuss topics of their choosing, as if the prospect wants to talk about an area that's a weakness for your school, the phone call will go poorly and it may hurt your chances to sign the player.

To ensure this new feature isn't exploited, recruits will never bring up the same topic more than once during a single phone call.

NCAA Football fans have long been voicing their displeasure in the randomness of recruiting calls, and finally, EA Tiburon has granted the fans' request.

Are you glad the randomness of recruiting phone calls is gone?

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 msuduo @ 06/26/12 12:21 AM
Does this mean we'll be able to talk longer than just an hour? I liked that back in 09 and the ability to offer a scholarship during a quick call

# 42 jello1717 @ 06/26/12 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msuduo
Does this mean we'll be able to talk longer than just an hour? I liked that back in 09 and the ability to offer a scholarship during a quick call
No. Scouting is capped at 1 hour per recruit and recruiting is still capped at 1 hour per recruit.

# 43 msuduo @ 06/26/12 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
No. Scouting is capped at 1 hour per recruit and recruiting is still capped at 1 hour per recruit.
Boo!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 44 Dr Death @ 06/26/12 01:54 AM
I won't mention any names so as to not insult anyone or make anyone feel that I am calling them out specifically, but I will say that I cannot fathom how anyone could possibly be "okay" w/ the Roulette System of recruiting.

Is this real? No. Does this happen in the real world? No. Then... how can anyone be for it or - God forbid - actually claim they'll miss it???

I'll give you a great example of why having phone calls back is great and eliminating that crappy roulette wheel is a great thing...

Last year in my off-line dynasty I was recruiting a 5-star WR... I was a small school but I throw the heck out of the ball, and so naturally, my first pitch to the kid - in real life - would have been Playing Time.

Yet, thanks to the Roulette Wheel, the Playing Time pitch didn't pop up until week 9!!! Week freaking NINE!!!

Yeah... that's realistic. About as realistic as a kid who has Academics as a Low on the interest meter being brought up every freaking week!

Thank God the phone calls are back and the RW is G-O-N-E!!!

# 45 jello1717 @ 06/26/12 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I won't mention any names so as to not insult anyone or make anyone feel that I am calling them out specifically, but I will say that I cannot fathom how anyone could possibly be "okay" w/ the Roulette System of recruiting.

Is this real? No. Does this happen in the real world? No. Then... how can anyone be for it or - God forbid - actually claim they'll miss it???

I'll give you a great example of why having phone calls back is great and eliminating that crappy roulette wheel is a great thing...

Last year in my off-line dynasty I was recruiting a 5-star WR... I was a small school but I throw the heck out of the ball, and so naturally, my first pitch to the kid - in real life - would have been Playing Time.

Yet, thanks to the Roulette Wheel, the Playing Time pitch didn't pop up until week 9!!! Week freaking NINE!!!

Yeah... that's realistic. About as realistic as a kid who has Academics as a Low on the interest meter being brought up every freaking week!

I preferred the roulette style a lot more to what we had previously.

# 46 jeremym480 @ 06/26/12 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death

So what you're saying is that the roulette wheel was about as realistic as a 5* WR going to a small school?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

# 47 Ramminyou @ 06/26/12 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
So what you're saying is that the roulette wheel was about as realistic as a 5* WR going to a small school?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
I'm guessing he didn't land the kid.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.